First game live ! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First game live !

Don't worry my masked friend. IT WILL END.

Originally posted by MaxPower

I'll be there. We should all organize & if we haven't bought tux yet

Man we have to wear a Tuxedo to the game in SD, I think this dress code is gettig a little carried away. :lol:

Originally posted by MaxPower
My first game in Miami was last year..monday night vs Bears...my in-laws bought me a package where I got to see the game from the box with the '72 players, then go down on the field for Csonka's halftime ceremony....for someone who's been a fan for +25 years, it was ssswwwwweeeeeeeeeettttttttttt...& that's an understatement.

Wow... cool in-laws.

Wife got a sister?

;)

Well Hoff, I'm sure it contributed (we were on the outs anyways). It's a 2 hour drive back to L.A. and I have to say I had a little bit of an attitude on the way home. Little bit my a$$. I had things fly off my tongue that would have made Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and Chris Rock look like choir boys. I let out a little too much anger that night. Nothing violent, just verbal. I am sincerely over-passionate about this team. To this day I have a real difficult time controlling it. I am getting better though. I only throw things around when I'm by myself.;) I have this over competitive spirit which I earned from all my years a baseball player, and it carried over to my spectator side. The wife thing, as you can see, was long ago and a story far far away. The worst thing (or best depending on how you look at it) about that is she ended up marrying a Jill's fan. Hahaha she got what she deserved. A true bonified LOSER.:lol: :evil:

Hey jtown777

is it your ex-wife on your picture ? you could give me her phone number since you won't need it anymore !
:lol:

Serves her right...

you said all your years as a baseball player...who did you play for...college? minors? dare I ask majors?

Originally posted by jtown777
Nope... that's my new one.:hump:

just tell me when and where you go see your next game, I'll be sitting at her side waiting to grab her when you start delivering the trash

:chuckle:

I was recruited out of High School by several local colleges, Cal State Fullerton, Long Beach State, etc. But my ex-wife was visited by Mr. Stork and had the tough decision to post-pone everything for that. Thought I was doing the noble thing. What was I thinking? After two years, I started working out again and ended up at the inaugural Florida Marlins try-outs here in Long Beach California. Made several cuts (as a catcher). Then got the call that thanked me for all my time and they'd be in touch. I'm still waiting for that call. Anyway, I felt my window had closed and started playing semi-pro. You know, those not- so glamorous leagues where all the ex-pro/college players end up. Well that's where I was. Loved every minute of it. There's something extra special about playing in those leagues. It's truly the "love for the game" there. Traveling, playing year round tourneys, even our own World Series. Great times man....Great times. I've taken the year off to rehab my shoulder then it's back behind the dish for me.

Thanks for asking Hoff.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

just tell me when and where you go see your next game, I'll be sitting at her side waiting to grab her when you start delivering the trash

LOL...OK man... But I gotta warn you...She's expensive... Cash only, no credit cards or checks.:lol:

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

You do realize that you are stating that the Fins will be losers then don't you :yell: :lol:

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Somebody has to go get his beer for him. :D

EXACTLY!!! Can't ask the guys to go get the beers. Not during game time. And forget about going at time-outs and half-time. The lines are too fricken' long. It's all about the personal assistant thing my friends. It's like a Visa commercial.

4 tickets to the Dolphins game = $200.00

Parking Fee = $10.00

38 Beers = $266.00

Sitting in your seat while your old lady (personal assistant) gets up and gets the beers for you and the boys. = PRICELESS

My idea of heaven....:cool:

Back
Top Bottom