First Head Coach to be Fired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Head Coach to be Fired

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Only time will tell..Looking at the schedule, which is tough would be around week 3 or 4...assuming we lose all those games.

Only time will tell..Looking at the schedule, which is tough would be around week 3 or 4...assuming we lose all those games.

Realistically, we could be 1-4 in the first 5 games. If it starts like that, heads will roll. Then again, the schedule gets considerably easier after that initial hump. If we can beat the Browns and then go on a roll starting game 6, Sparano might save his own neck.

Dont think Sparano will be the first gone, that honor goes to Jack Del Rio, but Sparano could very well be next.

The *only* reason this could happen is because most of the crappier teams are working with brand new head coaches this year. However, if it does happen, I believe it would be at the *end* of the season, unless he completely loses the locker room early on.

You do realize the writer is a pharmaceutical consultant in Masssachusetts? I respect everyone's opinion but his is worth the same as anyone in Finheaven

Because we are so poorly run, Tony will not be fired. If they knew what the hell they were doing...he would already be gone!

I disagree. No one's seat is hotter than Tom Coughlin with the Giants and the organization did him no favors by not re-signing Steve Smith and Kevin Boss. It's almost a setup like John Fox had last year in Carolina.

I dont know of any other coaches being in danger of being fired. Marvin Lewis should have been fired years ago in Cincinnati but the Browns (the ownership) are in love with the guy.

So Tony Sparano is, realistically, the coach in the 'hottest seat' right now. Others could be Pete Carroll and Gary Kubiak.

I disagree. No one's seat is hotter than Tom Coughlin with the Giants and the organization did him no favors by not re-signing Steve Smith and Kevin Boss. It's almost a setup like John Fox had last year in Carolina.

JAck Del Rio's could be just as hot, if not hotter than Coughlins. Im surprised he has been given this long. Marvin Lewis has to be getting close to the hot seat as well.

I dont know of any other coaches being in danger of being fired. Marvin Lewis should have been fired years ago in Cincinnati but the Browns (the ownership) are in love with the guy.

So Tony Sparano is, realistically, the coach in the 'hottest seat' right now. Others could be Pete Carroll and Gary Kubiak.

Why do you think Pete Carroll would be in the hot seat? They did make the playoffs, although with a losing record.

the writer is a patriot fan

The Waterboy's Completely Horrified Predictions, Part 2
Cold, Hard Football Facts for August 30, 2011
By Luis Deloureiro
Cold, Hard Football Facts Deputy Assistant Back-Up to the Assistant

4UtqTr-1.jpg

Though he says we are one of the worst run franchises
hard to digest but possible if the o-line is what we saw in tampa

Sparano will not be fired during the season.

The players love playing for him and like him as a coach. Current and ex Phins players minus Ricky have said this much.

I think it would be naive of Ross to not give Ireland and Sparano a chance of atleast a full season with full control which they have never had till this season.

Didn't we start his first season 2-4? Only to go and win the division? You don't fire a coach after 6 games.

Tony will be back in 2012.
Not if they have to continue using gimmicks like Gator Day to get fans in the stadium. If there are blackouts, as some suggest, Ireland and Sparano will be gone. Ross needs to bring in a big name with instant credibility and there is none bigger then Bill Cowher. That will give the fan base a sense of hope and will result in a rise in ticket sales.

Back
Top Bottom