First Round Qb's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Qb's

Eesti

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
I know we are not in the market but this subject certainly affects Miami. The more Qb's that go ahead of us, the better and certain teams may be looking to either trade back into the first round or trade up in the first round to take one.

Teams that could take a first round QB

1, 12 Browns:
2 49ers:
3 Bears:
6 Jets:
10 Bills:
11, 32 Saints:
13 Cardinals:
17 Redskins:
20 Denver
25 Houston
27 Chiefs
30 Steelers

The Cardinals, Bills, Saints, Redskins, Chiefs and Steelers are set at QB this year but have questions beyond. That's 6 out of 12 teams in the market.

Every couple of years there are questions about the quality of the QB class. Everyone says not many will go in the first and someone always takes one or trades up for one. How many do you think will go in the first round?

Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Mahomes

I found it interesting that Roethlisberger was mulling retirement so they could add one in the first round or possibly even trade up. Houston and Denver are other candidates to trade up.

2013 was the last time only 1 QB was taken in the first round. Prior to that it was 2001.

Was just watching CBS Sports and I think it was Florio who quoted Mara who indicated that the Giants might also be in the market for a starting QB to groom considering Eli's age. So add them to the list.

Not the year to be looking for QBs.

Redskins won't be in the market unless they trade Cousins, Denver drafted the kid from Memphis last year Paxton (who I thought was overrated) so I don't think they're going to give up on him after one season, Saints won't force the issue especially when their defense is a mess and Brees still has 2 or 3 good seasons left in him. Steelers are one of the best run organizations in the league...they're not going to reach on a QB. The rest of the teams I can see reaching though. Just glad we're not in the market.

qbs always get pushed up...happens every year...nature of the position and in this rookie cba if you need one you are dumb not to try

anyways we are picking at 22 anything could happen in front of us qb wise...I'd say at least 2 go in front of us but possibly 3

just be ready for people to reach for them

tx tech's Mahomes is going to be a rock star and the steal of the draft- no matter how high he goes. he's an athletic freak, tough as nails, and he has that natural leader/ gunslinger mentality like he just walked off the set of Josie Wells. watch out, nfl.

tx tech's Mahomes is going to be a rock star and the steal of the draft- no matter how high he goes. he's an athletic freak, tough as nails, and he has that natural leader/ gunslinger mentality like he just walked off the set of Josie Wells. watch out, nfl.
I've seen this said of so many QBs that played in that spread offense they run. Same thing that Mike Leach runs. None of them have panned out in the NFL.

I am hoping a QB run occurs this year and I hope Cleveland and San Fran start it. If 4 or more QBs come off the board that will play right into Miami and there needs at LB/DE. I really want a DE, they are just so hard to find on the open market.

probably gonna have 3 wrs go in front of us two if the 2 big kids run mid 4.5's or better

that 4.22 booked jon ross a top 20 pick fo sho

I don't see any of the QB's in that group of 4 as much of a reach at 30 for Pit. Even with a trade up. Especially when you may be without a QB in 2018 and you get a 5th year option if you take one in the first round. He would also get a year to study Ben. As poor of a draft class this is, it's a big drop off from those guys IMO, unless they take a flyer on Chad Kelly later on...

probably gonna have 3 wrs go in front of us two if the 2 big kids run mid 4.5's or better

that 4.22 booked jon ross a top 20 pick fo sho

Yes. 3 WR's and probably 3 RB's, 2 TE, 2-3 QB, 2 CB, 2 OL ??...

The corners are dropping like flies. 2 were injured in workouts and Tabor just ran a 4.7 40. That doesn't help us much.

The first round QB's are in our favor with where we sit at # 22, if 2 or 3 QBs get selected prior to our #22 pick then that means more talent for us to chose from. If only one QB or none are selected by #22 then I thnk that's a great opportunity to try to trade down, a team may be willing to overpay for that pick to select a QB.....puts us in a win/win situation.

Yes. 3 WR's and probably 3 RB's, 2 TE, 2-3 QB, 2 CB, 2 OL ??...

The corners are dropping like flies. 2 were injured in workouts and Tabor just ran a 4.7 40. That doesn't help us much.

probably pushes up gareon conley...don't know what his tape looks like but I know one thing lattimore ran the most effortless 4.35 at the combine I've ever seen...that was a walk in the park for that kid...long long gone

I'm sensing some Colorado corner awuzie or whatever his name is as a late round 1...and kevin king seems to be getting buzz there too

signs still point to me de is the way to go for Miami but gonna need to jump Detroit to keep em from taking our cookies one spot ahead of us...i would be planting a seed with Denver right now about swapping picks

I think the Jets draft a QB. They don't have much choice.

Petty stinks and Hack is Hack.

Back
Top Bottom