Five worst NFL draft classes by team of last 10 years | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five worst NFL draft classes by team of last 10 years

come on fellas derek hagan sucked royally...:lol:

fred evans was the only thing worth a damn in that class and we promptly cut him for some reason kinda like we cut kevin vickerson who was a pro

i think everyones underselling jamar taylor here...although admittedly there hasnt been much of a body of work to date

We cut Evans because of an incident on South Beach involving a police officer and a taxi driver and he had assault charges on him, plus already being on probation for marijuana possession. 7th round pick and I'd agree he had the most potential, but he only played one game as a Dolphin. Hardly anything to write home about.

We cut Evans because of an incident on South Beach involving a police officer and a taxi driver and he had assault charges on him, plus already being on probation for marijuana possession. 7th round pick and I'd agree he had the most potential, but he only played one game as a Dolphin. Hardly anything to write home about.

i'm just saying that kid was the best talent in the class as in evans

i dont buy the 2013 stuff cause dion sims right now would validate a 3rd round pick for his play and development and jelani jenkins off 2014 may validate even a 2nd rounder..worst case he would a 3rd...taylor has potential to validate a top 50 pick

it just looks worse cause dion jordan got drafted for the wrong scheme first and second has been a habitual drug policy violator and both the actual 3rd round picks in that class look like busts

Well at least four of those players will be either starting or fighting for a starting spot. Taylor, Jenkins, Dion sims, Caleb sturgis. Gilleslee also has a chance to be a significant contributor. I'm not sure that deserves top 5 worst draft classes. Why just because Jordan was a bust? We've had much worse drafts in the past 10 years I think.

To early to judge the 2013 draft yet as many have pointed out some of the players whom failed here on earlier drafts went on later to play well for other teams. Sure we got some Ted Ginn type results from Dion Jordan the past couple of years but even Dion Jordan's NFL career is not over yet. Plus we drafted a linebacker in Jordan that we attempted to make a DE sounds like coaching may have something to do with the results we recieved.

2007 is easily one of the worst drafts.
1- Ted Ginn a backup wr(like a 4th or 5th type) drafted in a premium area lasted two seasons
2- john Beck a qb who did nothing and is already sitting in CFL after being cut after 2 seasons
2- Samson Satale- below average center who was traded for little or nothing after 2 years
3-Lorenzo booker- so bad he was traded next year for a 4th rounder
4-Paul Solai- very good NFL player
6-Reagan Mauia horrible NFL fullback, last one season in Miami out of nfl
6-Drew Morimino- lasted one season out of nfl in another year
7-Kelvin Smith- Out of NFL did nothing at all, lasted on team two years
7-brandon Fields -top level punter but punters are not even usually drafted so this doesn't impact draft at all as far as retrospect
7-Abraham Wright -didn't last a season in NFL and one season in Canada

Horrible draft class among worst ever.
One good player out of 9 picks and not including punter.
Worse than that none stuck with team or any other team.
Ginn has bounced around league, Satale has bounced around league and the rest played at best a couple of seasons.
This kind of draft sets a team back years.

After this season that draft will have produced 3 solid starters w jenkins, sims, and taylor. So as the other posters said there are much worse drafts such as 2007.

2007 draft was pretty bad

Paul Soliai, Brandon Fields, Samson Satele, Ted Ginn and his family, a mormon, a guy that ran through drywall, and four other nameless guys

Ted Ginn Jr. (Walks off)

At least with Dion, I could see (thought anyway) where they were going with it. Ginn had 2 great plays (ironically both against the Jets) and that was it. Uhhhh, I remember on draft night in 07....Literally one of the most unpleasant drafts/years of my life...

As bad as 2013 looks right now, it's still relatively early.

2006 was unbelievably bad.

Jason Allen literally only got in the games because of injury. Hell Dolphins went with Cameron Worrell over him at safety in 2007. The worse kind of tweener, half CB/half safety and sucked at both spots.

Trading our 2nd round pick for Culpepper was a disaster, especially when you could of had Drew Brees for free. Truly a franchise setback.

Derek Hagan, all things considered, is probably the most successful guy of this group. He was terrible with us though, he developed a dropping disease his final year at ASU and that continued into his career with Miami.

Ol glass Joe Toledo . . . don't even think he ever played a real game . . . kid was always hurt.

Fred Evans still out there . . . the guy had some talent, but got into trouble with Miami and never really made an impact for us.

Rod Wright is the reason I tell people to calm down on Jay Ajayi. Rod fell to round 7 and people swear it was a steal, hell the steal of the draft . . . . the guy was never more than a role player for us (which in the end is all you can really ask out of a 7th rounder) and did nothing after he left us.

Devin Aromashodu never did anything for us. He has had some good games with Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler, but he was too raw to have an impact with us.

And to add insult to injury we used our 5th round pick on that crybaby Manny Wright in the 2005 supplemental draft. What a joke.

So as you can see, 2006 was a joke and deserves to be on this list . . . . way more than 2013.
cleary the author of this article didn't do his research. This draft was so bad it hurts reading your listing of the players we took - as in I winced in pain w each name. I bet fans of other teams are saying the same thing about this article. Jason Allen - the weirdest bust going - great break on the ball and great hands - but sucked at everything else.

That 1995 class was especially cursed, as we let go of the only two guys that did anything in the NFL (Norman Hand and Pete Mitchell).

When Johnson came in, he let most of Shula's players/ picks go. I doubt they even considered Hand or Mitchell.

Since Jimmy Johnson left until Hickey and then Hickbaum, pretty much every draft sucked.

When Johnson came in, he let most of Shula's players/ picks go. I doubt they even considered Hand or Mitchell.

That 95 draft was another among the all time worsts. Shula really hurt his legacy later in his career with his horrible drafts.
Loved shula as coach, not so much as GM after he drafted MArino. After that not sure what changed

That 95 draft was another among the all time worsts. Shula really hurt his legacy later in his career with his horrible drafts.
Loved shula as coach, not so much as GM after he drafted MArino. After that not sure what changed
he kept trying to find the next AJ Duhe and a good RB. So many whiffs: Rick Graff, Eric Kumerow, John Bosa, Jackie Shipp, Jay Brophy, Lorenzo Hampton, Sammie Smith, Troy Stradford, Terry Kirby. The early round D picks really killed this team in the mid to late '80's.

2007 is easily one of the worst drafts.
1- Ted Ginn a backup wr(like a 4th or 5th type) drafted in a premium area lasted two seasons
2- john Beck a qb who did nothing and is already sitting in CFL after being cut after 2 seasons
2- Samson Satale- below average center who was traded for little or nothing after 2 years
3-Lorenzo booker- so bad he was traded next year for a 4th rounder
4-Paul Solai- very good NFL player
6-Reagan Mauia horrible NFL fullback, last one season in Miami out of nfl
6-Drew Morimino- lasted one season out of nfl in another year
7-Kelvin Smith- Out of NFL did nothing at all, lasted on team two years
7-brandon Fields -top level punter but punters are not even usually drafted so this doesn't impact draft at all as far as retrospect
7-Abraham Wright -didn't last a season in NFL and one season in Canada

Horrible draft class among worst ever.
One good player out of 9 picks and not including punter.
Worse than that none stuck with team or any other team.
Ginn has bounced around league, Satale has bounced around league and the rest played at best a couple of seasons.
This kind of draft sets a team back years.
Bad, bad draft. We're we under quota for Samoan players on the roster or something? And why anyone would draft a KR 1st pick is bizzarro/can never be explained. Had Ginn been drafted by some team at whatever spot he should have been drafted, he'd be seen as a niche player as a dangerous return man. I still think 2006 was worse though.

Back
Top Bottom