Five worst NFL draft classes by team of last 10 years | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five worst NFL draft classes by team of last 10 years

As bad as 2013 looks right now, it's still relatively early.

2006 was unbelievably bad.

Jason Allen literally only got in the games because of injury. Hell Dolphins went with Cameron Worrell over him at safety in 2007. The worse kind of tweener, half CB/half safety and sucked at both spots.

Trading our 2nd round pick for Culpepper was a disaster, especially when you could of had Drew Brees for free. Truly a franchise setback.

Derek Hagan, all things considered, is probably the most successful guy of this group. He was terrible with us though, he developed a dropping disease his final year at ASU and that continued into his career with Miami.

Ol glass Joe Toledo . . . don't even think he ever played a real game . . . kid was always hurt.

Fred Evans still out there . . . the guy had some talent, but got into trouble with Miami and never really made an impact for us.

Rod Wright is the reason I tell people to calm down on Jay Ajayi. Rod fell to round 7 and people swear it was a steal, hell the steal of the draft . . . . the guy was never more than a role player for us (which in the end is all you can really ask out of a 7th rounder) and did nothing after he left us.

Devin Aromashodu never did anything for us. He has had some good games with Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler, but he was too raw to have an impact with us.

And to add insult to injury we used our 5th round pick on that crybaby Manny Wright in the 2005 supplemental draft. What a joke.

So as you can see, 2006 was a joke and deserves to be on this list . . . . way more than 2013.

Honestly think 2007 was worse but understand the reasoning. 2007 we had 10 picks and had 2 productive players; Paul Soliai and Brandon Fields. That Vikings class though I'd awful.

Ted Ginn, Paul Soliai and Brandon Fields. 2006 wishes it was anywhere near as good.

The 2006 draft was beyond trash.... How could they put 2013..

And the Jets draft was Wayyyy worse..

The Dolphins turned a first, two seconds and two thirds into... Jamar Taylor. Who may start this year if he can stay healthy. And, if he stays healthy, might be an okay player. Might. Maybe. That's all you can say. He came out of Boise with distinct weaknesses.

Was 2007 worse? No, because it didn't have the opportunity to waste those kinds of resources. And anyway no matter what you want to say about Ted Ginn (and I could say plenty), he's been a more productive player than Dion Jordan. As for 2006, we didn't even have a second rounder that year.

The Dolphins turned a first, two seconds and two thirds into... Jamar Taylor. Who may start this year if he can stay healthy. And, if he stays healthy, might be an okay player. Might. Maybe. That's all you can say. He came out of Boise with distinct weaknesses.

Was 2007 worse? No, because it didn't have the opportunity to waste those kinds of resources. And anyway no matter what you want to say about Ted Ginn (and I could say plenty), he's been a more productive player than Dion Jordan. As for 2006, we didn't even have a second rounder that year.

if you're including that second-rounder in the trade up for Dion Jordan, it would be consequent to include the 2nd-rounder for Culpepper in 2006, no?

if you're including that second-rounder in the trade up for Dion Jordan, it would be consequent to include the 2nd-rounder for Culpepper in 2006, no?

True. I had forgotten what the 2006 trade was for and was just coming back to the thread to say that.

2013 is still worse.

True. I had forgotten what the 2006 trade was for and was just coming back to the thread to say that.

2013 is still worse.

Jelani Jenkins, in one season, blows away the entire 2006 draft class. Hell, part time playing Dion Sims and dare I say Dallas Thomas are arguably are better than anything from 2006. Plus you still have to kind of give some benefit to that class only having 2 years on the books so far.

Dion Jordan will go down as the worse pick when you combine the 2 classes, but I've never seen a more pathetic draft class than 2006 . . . and you have to factor in the 2nd on Culpepper and the 5th on Manny Wright.

It was even funnier reading about the entire 2013 draft class lol. What a terrible unit as a whole. I wonder in years like that if they should pass a rule so you can roll over draft picks to the next year, maybe like your 2nd and 6th if you choose to do so.

Jelani Jenkins, in one season, blows away the entire 2006 draft class. Hell, part time playing Dion Sims and dare I say Dallas Thomas are arguably are better than anything from 2006. Plus you still have to kind of give some benefit to that class only having 2 years on the books so far.

Dion Jordan will go down as the worse pick when you combine the 2 classes, but I've never seen a more pathetic draft class than 2006 . . . and you have to factor in the 2nd on Culpepper and the 5th on Manny Wright.

You are -- dare I say it -- underselling Derek Hagan, who's had 1700+ yards and 7 TDs in a still continuing journeyman career. Likewise Fred Evans has had a nice journeyman career as a defensive tackle, including time as a rotational starter in Minnesota. He was still a Viking as recently as last year.

We haven't had a chance for 2013 to fully pan out but to me it's not just about how bad the players were from each class, it's about the return compared to the resources spent. The extra 2 and 3 we had in 2013 means that 2006 has to be not just worse but a lot worse.

You are -- dare I say it -- underselling Derek Hagan, who's had 1700+ yards and 7 TDs in a still continuing journeyman career. Likewise Fred Evans has had a nice journeyman career as a defensive tackle, including time as a rotational starter in Minnesota. He was still a Viking as recently as last year.

We haven't had a chance for 2013 to fully pan out but to me it's not just about how bad the players were from each class, it's about the return compared to the resources spent. The extra 2 and 3 we had in 2013 means that 2006 has to be not just worse but a lot worse.

Yea, Derek Hagan would be in my top 5 if I combine both classes . . . but am I really underselling a guy who's had 1700 yards and 7 touchdowns in 9 NFL seasons . . . not to mention the amount of drops he had as a Dolphin? Fred Evans play one game as a Miami Dolphins, got in trouble off the field and was off the team after one season.

All I'm saying is, it's just wayy to premature to put a draft class with only 2 years under their belt on a list that goes back 10 years. We could be talking about Jamar Taylor starting at CB, Jelani at OLB and Dallas Thomas at LG when the season starts, with Dion Sims playing as the #2 TE. Like it or not, thats better than several draft classes we've had over the years.

I do understand the resources comment . . . 2013 will go down as the worst offseason in Dolphins recent memory . . . that "picks and money" quote should remain synonymous with any Jeff Ireland conversation. But that 2006 draft was just the worst piece of **** I've ever seen.

2013 was a horrendous draft when people are holding up Jamar Taylor as a success story to come out of it. It is unquestionably Ireland's worst draft. That entire offseason ended in disaster and sealed Ireland's fate.

2013 was a horrendous draft when people are holding up Jamar Taylor as a success story to come out of it. It is unquestionably Ireland's worst draft. That entire offseason ended in disaster and sealed Ireland's fate.

The sad part about this statement is, at the time it appeared to be his best off-season to date. Even being the homer that I am it was hard to follow Ireland's logic from season to season all that came to mind was this:

square-peg-round-hole.jpg

I hope me saying Jamar Taylor could start this year means I think 2013 was a success . . . it's the 2nd worse draft over the last 10 years IMO. All I'm referring to is it's only been 2 years, while 2006 has been 9 years . . . and the most productive season out of both drafts happened last year with Jelani Jenkins . . . and it isn't close.

come on fellas derek hagan sucked royally...:lol:

fred evans was the only thing worth a damn in that class and we promptly cut him for some reason kinda like we cut kevin vickerson who was a pro

i think everyones underselling jamar taylor here...although admittedly there hasnt been much of a body of work to date

Back
Top Bottom