Fix The Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fix The Offense

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that Jarvis Landry is gone. Without Landry we need a lot of help.

In FA, pick up 2 or 3 players for the defense.

Now, for the offense. This of course, is Fanspeak simulation.

Draft 1) Q. Nelson 2) Chubbs RB, Ga 3) Lauletta, Kyle QB Richmond 4) Fumagali TE Wis. 5) Hearndon TE Uof M 6) Ray Ray McCloud WR Clemson 7) B Berrios WR U of M

Opening day o-line- Tunsil, Nelson, Pouncey, Davis, James some reserves:Brendel, Asiata, Larsen& Smith

QB-Ryan Tannehill backed up by Kyle Lauletta

RB-Drake, Chubb, Williams

TE-Troy Fumagali, Chris Herndon, M. Gray

Slot-B. Berrios

WR-K Stills, Parker, Caroo, Grant McCloud

On paper this fixes a lot of weaknesses. TE will now be a strength-RT will be looking for Fumagali and Herndon a lot. TE can absorb a bunch of Landry's catches. TE will move chains and score TDs.

Nelson is a one man running game. He is the powerful, nasty road grater we've needed for ages. Tunsil and Nelson could be a force for years. With a running game of Drake and Chubb going behind Nelson and Co. teams will be forced to respect the run. Then we have a natural play action offense with passes going all over the field to our many weapons. Lauletta was very impressive in the Senior Bowl and I think he stands a chance of becoming a very good NFL starter.Some of the throws he made through tiny windows were very impressive. I've seen a ton of Berrios, what a great kid. He is a Wes Welker type of slot-receiver, he also can go deep and help you with punt and kick off returns.

Any plan that starts with Quenton Nelson is fine by me. Laremy Tunsil needs a running mate like QN to push him. It all starts up front on both sides of the ball. I wouldn't rule out the FO falling in love with Vita Vea either.

I get that backup RB is a need, it's not 2nd round pick kind of need IMO, I also think Sony Michel is the better fit but it's irrelevant.

I like Fumagalli in the 4th, not in the 2nd like some have projected him.

We will see where Mark Andrews grades out, if he's there in the top of the 2nd round you might want to swing for the fences and get the best OG and TE combo you can with your first two picks.

Im intrigued by the Richmond kid for sure. I listened to an interview with him the other day, he seems eager to prove himself.

Our needs line up pretty well with this draft and the potential for 2 or 3 rookies to make an immediate impact is there. It's going to a lot of hard work and a little luck.

I really think the lack of a quality TE has been hurting our team badly. How can we match up with NE when Gronk is an amazing talent and we counter with a washed up Julius Thomas? They also have the better Coach and QB. We better start closing the gap. I doubled up on TE because the need for play makers at position is so great. Fumagali and Herndon are a good a good start but I'd keep Gray as well.

I must say I wouldn't be upset with this draft but I really want to see us addressing the defence again this year.

I really think the lack of a quality TE has been hurting our team badly. How can we match up with NE when Gronk is an amazing talent and we counter with a washed up Julius Thomas? They also have the better Coach and QB. We better start closing the gap. I doubled up on TE because the need for play makers at position is so great. Fumagali and Herndon are a good a good start but I'd keep Gray as well.

No question it's been the one constant problem for the longest amount of time. I think it's why you see so many mock drafts with miami selecting two TE's. It's not an option for us in the 1st round and possibly won't be in the 2nd round either just given how few prospects there in the top 75.

We really haven't had a seam TE since David Martin was here in 2008. Charles Clay was pretty solid, but we let him walk, and we've been scrambling on that ever since, as well, too. It'd be nice to spend a pick on that, for one. Interior OL has been a mess since about that time, too. Justin Smiley and Jake Grove were our last two decent players there it seemed like.

Re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic. It really works.

Personally think the offense is more of a problem than defense. Hard to really even know what the defense is when the offense is so bad.

The average points scored in all 267 games this past year was 43.6 or 21.8 points per team.
We scored more points than the average only 4 times.
We held teams under the average 7 times. We started the season with 4 straight games holding opponents under average. Then with no offense the bottom dropped out.

The last 2 Super Bowl winners had to score points. Something we haven't been able to do in a long time. Offense is the way to go.

Reactions: BSQ
There's maybe 3 or 4 positions thats probably don't need an upgrade. Lets fix the team.

The draft isn't about fixing all positions - it's an impossibility. Pick the 2-3 critical needs (IMO, TE, OG), and improve the O significantly. Yeah, TRY for more, but put much less emphasis on upgrading 'meh' talent until bottom decile talent is improved. And, keep in mind, it's rare the 1st 5 picks plug holes year one. Drafting is a process.
I see this differently. TE and OG MAY and it's a large MAY be able to be addressed in FA. No one knows yet. But that's not any more unrealistic than the OP's "In FA, pick up 2 or 3 players for the defense."

I saw the Offense put the Defense in so many bad situations last season. The worst of it is the Time Of Possession disparity that seemed to occur every week. By the 4th quarter, the quarter where we should be the strongest, especially at home, this defense was huffing and puffing and getting ready to lose the game, if it wasn't lost already. Tannehill returning will eliminate that problem, especially if we get him a stud LG and some young, fast Tight Ends who can catch the Football.

I think one time we should go with a fans idea..It can't hurt. I like op's lineup

Reactions: BSQ
Back
Top Bottom