Fix The Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fix The Offense

Without Landry we need a lot of help.

Nelson is a one man running game.

WITH Landry, we still need a lot of help.

AND ... No one is a one-man run game. Not the best running backs of all time and not the best linemen. It takes more than ONE person.

I get that your exaggeration has a point, but the Dolphins need a lot of points of success in the draft and free agency to turn this around.

Problem with the D is that they live on the field.

O isn’t out there long enough to let them rest.

That's a misnomer, In 2017 our offensive TOP was actually
better than 2016...
(2017- 49.02%
(2016- 47.81%
(2015- 45.62%
(2014- 50.22%
(2013-47.44%
(2012-47.75%
(2011-50.64%
(2010-50.99% The best teams in offensive TOP are in the 53,54,and sometimes 55%

Our defense sucked starting in the 1st quarter of many games.

How many 3rd and longs did they give up? Seemingly all of them?

Fresh blood is needed on *both* sides of the ball but defensive help needs to be a bigger priority.

Having said that, if the right offensive players make it to Miami's roster, the defense will certainly be helped by sustained drives and points scored at will, ha-ha.

I know that the D needs help as well but this was an exercise in fixing the O through the draft.

I see your point...

Not a fan of it though...Building a fast nasty defense would go a long way in helping the turn around of this team...

If you neglect the defense it seems we would have to be in a shoot out every game to win....if you stop the other team from scoring it puts games within reach and gives your offense more opportunities IMO

I would use the 2nd for a LB or DE; Nelson in the 1st would be a solid addition to the line; the 5th & 6th picks should be on defense. If we go this heavy on offense then we must pick up another LB, DE and a backup CB in free agency. A backup running back to share with Williams and Drake could be found in free agency.

That's a misnomer, In 2017 our offensive TOP was actually
better than 2016...
(2017- 49.02%
(2016- 47.81%
(2015- 45.62%
(2014- 50.22%
(2013-47.44%
(2012-47.75%
(2011-50.64%
(2010-50.99% The best teams in offensive TOP are in the 53,54,and sometimes 55%

I was noticing that yesterday. We actually ran more plays on offense than we faced on defense last year (995-989). Hard to believe but Cutler actually did a better job than RT17 of keeping the offense on the field. In Ryan's first 5 years the team has constantly under performed in this area.
Over the Tannehill era we have had to face 460 more plays on defense than we have run on offense. That is terrible and worst in the league. At least we improved something this past year.

We were also 31st in the league in "offensive snaps with a lead" at only 13% of the time. The Rams were 1st at 52%.

Time of possession improvement or not....Cutler was awful most of the time. The 80.8 QB rating for a 12 year vet in a familiar system was not ideal. Tannehill only had one season worse than that and it was when he was a rookie. Cutler had 4 REALLY good games last year and the rest were train wrecks. In those 4 good games he averaged a 112.3 QB rating. In the other 10 games he averaged a QB rating of 67.77. That is truly pathetic.

Add in almost 1200 yards in penalties and I'm surprised we even won 6 games. In addition 17 penalties were declined and 7 were offsetting.

553 of those yards were from the offense. 456 defense. That's 26 offensive pre-snap penalties.

I would love to see the team solve the main offensive issues in free agency if possible. Also, I wouldn't give up on Landry just yet.

The draft looks better (again) on the defensive side. I don't think Miami can wait any longer to get a quality linebacker. There are some good safeties as well.

I could see Miami taking a tight end pretty high, maybe 2nd round, but would like to see a mostly defensive draft.

Too many youngsters playing on one side of the ball.. gase will keep a strong veteran presence

The offense didn’t help the defense, but the defense still cant account for TE and gave up too many 3rd and longs- even before the whole ‘tired’ thing.

Rumors are growing that CJ will be released- hopefully a reunite here with Gase and Studsville.

Rd 1 best rated D player on the board, Draft a TE rd 2 or 3 more likely (even though I think last years class was better) backup QB and lb or de possibly depending who rd 1 pick is. They are going to give all those OL bodies a chance so I wouldn’t expect an ealry pick at all there if at all.

Im expecting a quiet FA this year for us. Maybe a depth type OL or special teamer type depending if Thomas and Aikens are both gone

I was noticing that yesterday. We actually ran more plays on offense than we faced on defense last year (995-989). Hard to believe but Cutler actually did a better job than RT17 of keeping the offense on the field. In Ryan's first 5 years the team has constantly under performed in this area.
Over the Tannehill era we have had to face 460 more plays on defense than we have run on offense. That is terrible and worst in the league. At least we improved something this past year.
A whopping six more plays, and i'm not even going to respond to the rest of the post because it's just trolling.

Back
Top Bottom