Flores being interviewed by AZ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores being interviewed by AZ

I'm thinking he'll be blackballed by the owners. He made his bed. There is an open lawsuit against the league because he wasn't hired the last time he was interviewed. If they're interviewing him, they had better hire him or else. Maybe Bill Belichick will be the first to call and congratulate him... :shrug:
Exactly. But even after all that why would any team interview him? I bet he ends up suing the Cards if they don't hire him too. This ****ing guy is the worst or the worst.

Exactly. But even after all that why would any team interview him? I bet he ends up suing the Cards if they don't hire him too. This ****ing guy is the worst or the worst.
If they don't it would bolster his current case. If he's interviewed and not hired, guarantee it's another black coach who gets the position. There's no other way around not hiring him. It's a shame but that's the mess that's been created...

If they don't it would bolster his current case. If he's interviewed and not hired, guarantee it's another black coach who gets the position. There's no other way around not hiring him. It's a shame but that's the mess that's been created...
This is why Vance Joseph is a lock. But remember that Flores sued the Texans after they hired Lovie Smith and bashed Lovie too.

I'm thinking he'll be blackballed by the owners. He made his bed. There is an open lawsuit against the league because he wasn't hired the last time he was interviewed. If they're interviewing him, they had better hire him or else. Maybe Bill Belichick will be the first to call and congratulate him... :shrug:

I don't think the league is worried too much about that lawsuit, nor the courts. The issue he brought up is about improving the hiring practice, where the interviews are not token faux interviews, and I am sure the league wants to do the same thing. The league has the mechanism for hiring practice in written rules. They want to do the right thing, everybody does. Here, the courts would probably first order arbitration or something, so that the two sides can talk and come up with an acceptable solution before ordering the NFL. This is all reasonable, it is not unreasonable or something no one wants or an issue where the two sides completely disagree. The lawsuit here is just a mechanism to force the discussion.

Last edited:
I don't think the league is worried to much about that lawsuit, nor the courts. The issue he brought up is about improving the hiring practice, where the interviews are not token faux interviews, and I am sure the league wants to do the same thing. The league has the mechanism for hiring practice in written rules. They want to do the right thing, everybody does. Here, the courts would probably first order arbitration or something, so that the two sides can talk and come up with an acceptable solution before ordering the NFL. This is all reasonable, it is not unreasonable or something no one wants or an issue where the two sides completely disagree. The lawsuit here is just a mechanism to force the discussion.
I don't think they put much merit in the lawsuit either but they're worried about public perception and their image. They don't want the media to get ahold of it and run with it.

So when Kyler Murray (who has a say in hiring the next coach) tells management not to hire Flores because he's an asshole then who is going to be sued this time? Will Flores even sit for the interview? Doesn't interviewing for a position with an employer you are suing inherently weaken said lawsuit? Hopefully he goes to AZ and takes a seat on a cactus somewhere, jackass.

I don't think the league is worried too much about that lawsuit, nor the courts. The issue he brought up is about improving the hiring practice, where the interviews are not token faux interviews, and I am sure the league wants to do the same thing. The league has the mechanism for hiring practice in written rules. They want to do the right thing, everybody does. Here, the courts would probably first order arbitration or something, so that the two sides can talk and come up with an acceptable solution before ordering the NFL. This is all reasonable, it is not unreasonable or something no one wants or an issue where the two sides completely disagree. The lawsuit here is just a mechanism to force the discussion.
I really hope u r correct - that this results in improving various policies.
I am more suspicious he wants a cash settlement with the NFL.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that he was a candidate....

I think every team looking for a HC should interview him. None should hire him.
That way he can't claim to be overlooked and all the teams can just say "he wasn't the best candidate" and send him away with his tail between his legs. Hell they could even offer him a minor role somewhere just to rub his nose in it at an organisation trying to prove a point, I don't know Pittsburgh perhaps (damn it too late).
Got to give him some credit though, he was right about Lovie.

I think every team looking for a HC should interview him. None should hire him.
That way he can't claim to be overlooked and all the teams can just say "he wasn't the best candidate" and send him away with his tail between his legs.

That's exactly what the lawsuit is about.

Back
Top Bottom