Florida open to out of state teams? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florida open to out of state teams?

I agree with many of the commenters on here saying that all teams need to be on a level playing field in order for the NFL to really make a move. I know some teams have facilities outside of the state in which they play. But there’s no guarantee that those states are going to be OK anytime soon and having been in the front office for another professional sport even with standing facilities you plan for your preseason work for three or four months.

Because if you need to move it to a facility in which you operate, It’s not as easy as finding a place that has some of the facilities you need because you’ll need housing and you’ll need to know how to feed all the people you’ll need to know how they’re gonna drive around. Are you gonna have enough sanitizing equipment? Is the state you’re moving to are the facilities you’re moving to going to have the greenlight to open up or want to take on the liability to open up? Where we are right now especially with the way the virus itself is mutating and affecting different people at this point mainly a pediatric strain, There’s no way this league starts on time.

I would say Halloween and that’s just me coming from where my instincts tell me but I would not be terribly surprised if it goes into November. With the state of California doing an extended lockdown and their colleges not even opening up to students this fall I don’t see how hugely populated states like that are really gonna be able to make a move in order to usher this sort of thing forward.

I mean the governor of the state I’m in just backed up phase 1 in the capital city two more weeks nobody knows what’s going on. I don’t think anyone can say with any sort of conviction with the timeline for this thing is and I think there’s a lot of smart people who make these decisions and then they continue to be smart and not worry about the stuff that doesn’t matter, like money when players families their significant others their children their family their friends all could be affected by this. We need to start worrying about human beans more than the bottom line.

Last edited:
I agree with many of the commenters on here saying that all teams need to be on a level playing field in order for the NFL to really make a move. I know some teams have facilities outside of the state in which they play. But there’s no guarantee that those states are going to be OK anytime soon and having been in the front office for another professional sport even with standing facilities you plan for your preseason work for three or four months.

Because if you need to move it to a facility in which you operate, It’s not as easy as finding a place that has some of the facilities you need because you’ll need housing and you’ll need to know how to feed all the people you’ll need to know how they’re gonna drive around. Are you gonna have enough sanitizing equipment? Is the state you’re moving to are the facilities you’re moving to going to have the greenlight to open up or want to take on the liability to open up? Where we are right now especially with the way the virus itself is mutating and affecting different people at this point mainly a pediatric strain, There’s no way this league starts on time.

I would say Halloween and that’s just me coming from where my instincts tell me but I would not be terribly surprised if it goes into November. With the state of California doing an extended lockdown and their colleges not even opening up to students this fall I don’t see how hugely populated states like that are really gonna be able to make a move in order to usher this sort of thing forward.

I mean the governor of the state I’m in just backed up phase 1 in the capital city two more weeks nobody knows what’s going on. I don’t think anyone can say with any sort of conviction with the timeline for this thing is and I think there’s a lot of smart people who make these decisions and then they continue to be smart and not worry about the stuff that doesn’t matter, like money when players families their significant others their children their family their friends all could be affected by this. We need to start worrying about human beans more than the bottom line.
I disagree. Many teams already do their TC in other areas. 12 teams still take their TC and all of their equipment and facilities on the road as of last year. It's quite doable. It's extra doable with the amount of colleges closed now that would be able to provide lodging and have their own high profile college football facilities.

This is not for the meek to figure out. Teams and states and the NFL are going to have to work together to get this thing fired up. It's out of the box thinking time. Don;t worry, it'll happen and we'll open on time. Just have to help some of the teams in the chicken little states.

I disagree. Many teams already do their TC in other areas. 12 teams still take their TC and all of their equipment and facilities on the road as of last year. It's quite doable. It's extra doable with the amount of colleges closed now that would be able to provide lodging and have their own high profile college football facilities.

This is not for the meek to figure out. Teams and states and the NFL are going to have to work together to get this thing fired up. It's out of the box thinking time. Don;t worry, it'll happen and we'll open on time. Just have to help some of the teams in the chicken little states.

Who said that these colleges are going to want to open up their facilities? They in many cases are state run organizations and if the state is in a lockdown or a small gathering mandate then the colleges aren’t going to open so maybe you could go to private colleges but then you’re opening up to a ton of liability.

I don’t understand why so many people are eager to start on time when there are far more questions answers.

Who said that these colleges are going to want to open up their facilities? They in many cases are state run organizations and if the state is in a lockdown or a small gathering mandate then the colleges aren’t going to open so maybe you could go to private colleges but then you’re opening up to a ton of liability.

I don’t understand why so many people are eager to start on time when there are far more questions answers.
Let me answer your question with an image:

Many of the college sports facilities are run by auxiliary accounts which are hemorrhaging money right now. I would wager a lot of schools would go for a system where the teams pretty much have the keys tossed at them by the university, are responsible for their own sanitation and facilities but are otherwise restricted to dorms / food court / athletics buildings.

Not many students on campuses right now so minimal impact on health till Fall at the earliest.

Many of the college sports facilities are run by auxiliary accounts which are hemorrhaging money right now. I would wager a lot of schools would go for a system where the teams pretty much have the keys tossed at them by the university, are responsible for their own sanitation and facilities but are otherwise restricted to dorms / food court / athletics buildings.

Not many students on campuses right now so minimal impact on health till Fall at the earliest.
I said that. Just in a funnier way lol.

As much as I look forward to football season, I will not be upset if there is no football this coming season. The reality is that having games where fans actually attend games really makes no sense as long as there
is no vaccine for Covid19.
The only reason cases of Covid19 have not continued to rise and more people have not died is because of the lockdown and social distancing rules put in place in most states. Once these rules are relaxed infections and deaths will rise because so many people just don’t take this virus seriously.
I would love to see sports return but the safety of every one is far more important than the playing of a game.

As much as I look forward to football season, I will not be upset if there is no football this coming season. The reality is that having games where fans actually attend games really makes no sense as long as there
is no vaccine for Covid19.
The only reason cases of Covid19 have not continued to rise and more people have not died is because of the lockdown and social distancing rules put in place in most states. Once these rules are relaxed infections and deaths will rise because so many people just don’t take this virus seriously.
I would love to see sports return but the safety of every one is far more important than the playing of a game.
Have no fans. Gate money vs tv, merchandise and gambling money is fairly ancillary when compared anyways. There is no way NFL doesn't happen. Too many billionaires with way too much to lose. I can't wait.

Have no fans. Gate money vs tv, merchandise and gambling money is fairly ancillary when compared anyways. There is no way NFL doesn't happen. Too many billionaires with way too much to lose. I can't wait.
I have no doubt the owners will want to play the season but as soon as players start coming down with the virus they will be forced to suspend or end the season. All those billionaires have plenty of money, with or without football and putting players and possibly fans lives at risk really makes no sense at all.

I have no doubt the owners will want to play the season but as soon as players start coming down with the virus they will be forced to suspend or end the season. All those billionaires have plenty of money, with or without football and putting players and possibly fans lives at risk really makes no sense at all.
I never understand how people think that people with money don't need money. There is MASSIVE overhead to an NFL team. They didn't get into this to break even. Between Gambling, TV and Merchandise there's a 20+ BILLION number to split. Let some teamster this season move to Florida from the quarantined states which seem to be colored blue for some reason and let's get football going. I'm trying to not go political here. I really am.

They are going to go with out of the box thinking to give us football. If they allow fans and those fans are worried about getting sick, they should stay home. I think there's ample space to allow for having football while utilizing the apex of technology that has been and is being devised to make sure everyone is safe.

Just saying. Georgia lost Fromm and Swift, Bama lost both WRs and Tua and many others, LSU lost Burrow, their RB. and Jefferson. Gators are mostly intact and finished the season at #9. We can take the SEC this year.
It's possible. I like the Gators, but not a huge Mullen fan.

I never understand how people think that people with money don't need money. There is MASSIVE overhead to an NFL team. They didn't get into this to break even. Between Gambling, TV and Merchandise there's a 20+ BILLION number to split. Let some teamster this season move to Florida from the quarantined states which seem to be colored blue for some reason and let's get football going. I'm trying to not go political here. I really am.

They are going to go with out of the box thinking to give us football. If they allow fans and those fans are worried about getting sick, they should stay home. I think there's ample space to allow for having football while utilizing the apex of technology that has been and is being devised to make sure everyone is safe.
I never stated that people with money don’t need to make money. Yet the owners of football teams for the most part are rich because of the money they make outside of football. They never would have been allowed to purchase a football team in the first place if they weren’t already extremely rich.

I have absolutely no problem with them getting even far richer by owning an NFL team. I just happen to value human life more than I value the NFL owners making more money while we are still in the the middle of a deadly pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom