Florio Reports - Ross loves Burrow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florio Reports - Ross loves Burrow

Lovethefish

Active Roster
Reaction score
Mike Florio indicated today on WFAN that his sources indicated that Ross loves Joe Burrow and Miami has the ammo to get to #1. He also noted his hiring of QB Coach Palmer and Carson’s recent quotes about the Bengals etc.

Will be interesting.....

yeah its well known he likes Burrow. But damn, all those picks to give up for one player? We could sit at 5 and still get Herbert at least.

Mike Florio indicated today on WFAN that his sources indicated that Ross loves Joe Burrow and Miami has the ammo to get to #1. He also noted his hiring of QB Coach Palmer and Carson’s recent quotes about the Bengals etc.

Will be interesting.....

I can see Ross being intrigued with Burrow in light of his thoughts on Tua and his injury.
Now with that said it should be a foregone conlusion that Bengals are drafting Burrow.
But there's no reason why they shouldn't hear what Miami or another team are willing to offer for #1 overrall.

For Miami it would take at Minimum all THREE of their 1st round picks.

yeah its well known he likes Burrow. But damn, all those picks to give up for one player? We could sit at 5 and still get Herbert at least.

It's not "at least." You have to get the RIGHT Qb.

So what, you get "at least" Qb aka Herbert? If he's not the right QB for your team then he's unlikely to succeed and your team goes nowhere.

Last edited:
Likely just baseless draft speculation but I’ll play along...

Wonder if this is the Dolphins sensing some trepidation on Burrow’s part, sending out a signal to him they would pick him if he refused to play in Cincy.

The Dolphins do indeed have the draft ammo to trade up to #1...BUT it couldn’t hurt at this point to try to chop Cincy’s leverage away at the knees by Burrow publicly refusing to play there. That price to trade up to #1 drops dramatically in that scenario, or if Cincy stays at the pick and drafts someone else the Dolphins just deal with the Redskins.

The Bengals are not trading the pick and they are not taking anyone other than Burrow. End of story. They would never want to set that precedent of having guys dictate who they will select and Joe Burrow is too valuable to that organization because of the Ohio link. The Bengals and Mike Brown are just stubborn enough to call Burrow's bluff and force him to sit out and re-enter the draft the following year. Burrow is 24 years old and that wouldn't be a smart move on his part. Plus there is no guarantee that the Bengals wouldn't have the top pick next draft.

The Bengals are not trading the pick and they are not taking anyone other than Burrow. End of story. They would never want to set that precedent of having guys dictate who they will select and Joe Burrow is too valuable to that organization because of the Ohio link. The Bengals and Mike Brown are just stubborn enough to call Burrow's bluff and force him to sit out and re-enter the draft the following year. Burrow is 24 years old and that wouldn't be a smart move on his part. Plus there is no guarantee that the Bengals wouldn't have the top pick next draft.

They wouldn’t be setting precedent since it’s happened in the league. It may be a smart move idk. Not sure I would want to be stuck playing for cheapest organization, notoriously so btw, worst facilities etc.

It's not "at least." You have to get the RIGHT Qb.

So what you get "at least" Qb aka Herbert. If he's not the right QB for your team then he's unlikely to succeed and your team goes nowhere.

Exactly. Also I think posters are looking at this from perspective of their age bracket and not Ross'. This may be last chance quarterback saloon for him.

I think there is real discussion that Tua will go number 1 overall and Ross is just preparing for that if Burrow is there at number 2. Kind of a "hey buddy we loved you as a player as well"

They wouldn’t be setting precedent since it’s happened in the league. It may be a smart move idk. Not sure I would want to be stuck playing for cheapest organization, notoriously so btw, worst facilities etc.
I meant a precedence for the Bengals organization. Burrow is too valuable an asset to them right now. No other prospect can do what Burrow could do for them as far giving them credibility with the Cincinnati Ohio fans.

I personally don't put much stock into these reports. I'm sure if you questioned all 32 owners, each and every one of them will say they "Love" the guy who just had the best season ever for a college QB.

Just filler IMO

You have to be impressed with the season Burrow had, and there is a lot to like about the kid. he seems to have the touch, the running ability and the leadership/intangibles that you want.

But he does not blow you away physically, particularly with arm strength.I am not sure he can make NFL type throws into tighter windows to receivers who do not have quite the separation the LSU studs got for him.

He is not the absolute "can't miss" type prospect(think Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck)that i would be willing to trade 4-5 high draft picks for.

A completely uninjured Tua would be a different story.

The beat up Tua of today might still be a better bet than Burrow.

Back
Top Bottom