Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

Yoodakine56

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

There’s probably no doubt about it although we’ll spend 9 months arguing it. They need to extend him to have any cap flexibility in 2024. Grier probably doesn’t have the leeway to move on from Tua and start over and McD is probably too proud for that. They are gonna run it back and are not gonna prevent themselves from making upgrades by having Tua play on the 5th year option. A Tua extension whether we agree with it or not is inevitable and really not even worth discussing.

There’s probably no doubt about it although we’ll spend 9 months arguing it. They need to extend him to have any cap flexibility in 2024. Grier probably doesn’t have the leeway to move on from Tua and start over and McD is probably too proud for that. They are gonna run it back and are not gonna prevent themselves from making upgrades by having Tua play on the 5th year option. A Tua extension whether we agree with it or not is inevitable and really not even worth discussing.

Does that include the time already spent? /s

I agree, and they NEED to beef up a healthier and more talented OL unit to see how he performs when its available to him. Its pretty unfair that he has to release the ball quick to mask the inefficiencies and inconsistencies of our oline these past few years.

Give him that and then see how he does.

Yes, for the 2024 season Tua is due to receive $27 million. I think it's way too much money and the team would be better off trading Tua now, but if some fans (or the organization) wants to give him one more year I am o.k. with that. If Tua and the Dolphins have a great 2024 season the team will be able to franchise-tag him for the 2025 season.
So, there is absolutely no good sense reason for the Dolphins to now offer Tua any sort of longer term contract. Short leashes can be a good thing !

I think Tua isn't done learning and growing as a QB. I think we will be pleasantly surprised. Also, it's not like we have a better choice anyway. Not saying we should, but if we did draft a rookie they are going to take time to develop, too.

Yes, for the 2024 season Tua is due to receive $27 million. I think it's way too much money and the team would be better off trading Tua now, but if some fans (or the organization) wants to give him one more year I am o.k. with that. If Tua and the Dolphins have a great 2024 season the team will be able to franchise-tag him for the 2025 season.
So, there is absolutely no good sense reason for the Dolphins to now offer Tua any sort of longer term contract. Short leashes can be a good thing !
You nailed it!

Many said this in 10 Threads about Tuas contract. . Did we need anther Thread?

That is incorrect. He should not be extended by the Dolphins. Business is not done like that.
To get extended, he would have had to perform on rookie contract to give us reason to believe we can win a championship with him, and to say okay let's pay and give it another try with this quarterback because we are close with him. He failed to do that. He was not competitive enough as a QB, in four years of tries , when he was anointed and given four years and everything revolved around him.

That is why Chris Grier needs to be fired too, because to him it's about him and keeping his sht going and keeping the illusion going more than about the team and winning.

Their window has closed, they have failed, and they need to be fired. Not extended!

That is incorrect. He should not be extended by the Dolphins. Business is not done like that.
To get extended, he would have had to perform on rookie contract to give us reason to believe we can win a championship with him, and to say okay let's pay and give it another try with this quarterback because we are close with him. He failed to do that. He was not competitive enough as a QB, in four years of tries , when he was anointed and given four years and everything revolved around him.

That is why Chris Grier needs to be fired too, because to him it's about him and keeping his sht going and keeping the illusion going more than about the team and winning.

Their window has closed, they have failed, and they need to be fired. Not extended!
Dave Chappelle GIF

Just stop with these threads. Please. It's just the same drivel over and over. Both sides. FFS, you all are ruining this board.

Dude isnt it easier to just not click or ignore posts you felt you didnt need to read? I get it, theres multiple threads about it, but there were informative info i felt would be washed up within those threads...

I get it, you feel its like littering the board, but its not like I littered right in front of your house door.

Back
Top Bottom