Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

I wouldn't say Tua is elite. Good yes but elite no. So he should not be paid like he is. Can't agree with this article about paying him as such
Couple things I took from this season...

McDaniels is not good at adjusting....

Home field advantage is the only chance Tua can win in the playoffs(unless we're playing in a dome... or like Jacksonville).

Grier did not build a team that can compete in cold weather.

Our overall roster to way to top heavy.

Finally, if Miami doesn't get an early lead, the defense will eventually break. The defense optimal for playing with a lead. If the game is close, your pretty much trying to get outta there with a FG.

Let's see if we can push the right buttons.

And how exactly do you know this? Do you have insider info
You guys really think this isn’t so obvious it takes inside info? If Tua plays on the 5th year option you’re sacrificing what you can do to the rest of the roster. My gut feeling is Grier won’t survive another rebuild so he’s not going to start one. They will extend Tua to free up cap space so they can work on the rest of the roster. Hopefully there is an out built into the contract somewhere. Being stuck with a subpar QB sucks but it would equally suck if Tua was excelling next year but we didn’t have a team around him because we stuck with the 5th year option and couldn’t pay anyone. I’ll be shocked if he plays under the 5th year option frankly. I think an extension could cut his 2024 hit in half. Which will be useful for Hunt, Wilkins, Williams and more help if you want that. Will see what happens I guess. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but will be serving it too 😂.

You guys really think this isn’t so obvious it takes inside info? If Tua plays on the 5th year option you’re sacrificing what you can do to the rest of the roster. My gut feeling is Grier won’t survive another rebuild so he’s not going to start one. They will extend Tua to free up cap space so they can work on the rest of the roster. Hopefully there is an out built into the contract somewhere. Being stuck with a subpar QB sucks but it would equally suck if Tua was excelling next year but we didn’t have a team around him because we stuck with the 5th year option and couldn’t pay anyone. I’ll be shocked if he plays under the 5th year option frankly. I think an extension could cut his 2024 hit in half. Which will be useful for Hunt, Wilkins, Williams and more help if you want that. Will see what happens I guess. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but will be serving it too 😂.
Right. So it's just your gut feeling.

There’s probably no doubt about it although we’ll spend 9 months arguing it. They need to extend him to have any cap flexibility in 2024. Grier probably doesn’t have the leeway to move on from Tua and start over and McD is probably too proud for that. They are gonna run it back and are not gonna prevent themselves from making upgrades by having Tua play on the 5th year option. A Tua extension whether we agree with it or not is inevitable and really not even worth discussing.
the extension is coming, the question is for how much?

Ya but it would also suck to sign him to a huge contract extension and be stuck with him if he doesn't improve. I doubt a new head coach would want him in that situation. It might help with the salary cap in 2024 but what about beyond that if he is eating up most of the cap? The only way I would be okay with any contract extension would be a short term one with an out like after two years at the most. But I would rather let him play on his 5th year option and then decide what to do with him after that. If the team craps the bed again next season they better clean house and get rid of Grier, McDaniel, and Tua.

Not just picking on your post but so many has stated that Grier will give Tua an extension but as we all know it's the owner that will have to greenlit and make out the check and Ross did go after Brady behind closed doors (probably ajar since they were caught....lol), so the question is has there been any indicators on Ross about Tua? After getting busted, do think he will keep a low profile but just asking on the off chance something has come about.

So you are another person on here who seems to know the future. 😆

If anyone knows of a sports book that has this bet I’d put a nice chunk of change on Tua getting extended before free agency begins. It’s the only way to continue to be “all in” . Not my preference but it’s going to happen.

If anyone knows of a sports book that has this bet I’d put a nice chunk of change on Tua getting extended before free agency begins. It’s the only way to continue to be “all in” . Not my preference but it’s going to happen.
Why do you think that is the only way to be all in? Last time I checked he is under contract and will be the starting QB in 2024. What would be stupid would be to sign him to a big contract extension this offseason before he has a chance to prove he could win against good teams in big games. Because if he can't improve in those situations then he isn't going to be worth the money he would get with a contract extension.

Back
Top Bottom