Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

Dear Lord, we are going on year FIVE. come on people, he is what he is, inferior to many AFC teams QBs so as long as you are ok with mediocrity, than sure Tua is the guy, We said before this year, he has all he weapons and this was a make or break year.

All the weapons? Having all speed guys isnt gonna cut it, According to what we see against good defensive teams our small WRs get manhandled. What we need is an OL and balance at the skilled positions, and utilizing stronger/taller guys that can make contested plays.

Why do you think that is the only way to be all in? Last time I checked he is under contract and will be the starting QB in 2024. What would be stupid would be to sign him to a big contract extension this offseason before he has a chance to prove he could win against good teams in big games. Because if he can't improve in those situations then he isn't going to be worth the money he would get with a contract extension.
he has already proven he cant so how long are you gonna give him, 5,6,7...years

No I understand the cap just fine and I don't care what cap savings they would get by extending Tua this offseason. I would not do it because he is just an average QB that can't beat good teams.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Last edited by a moderator:
he has already proven he cant so how long are you gonna give him, 5,6,7...years
No I'm not willing to give him past next season. I don't want him to get a contract extension. He is who is he at this point.

Why would I care what the market value is for Tua? He did not perform on contract and I am not paying him, I am not concerned about what to pay him!
I am getting rid of Tua and entering a new window with a rookie quarterback from the draft this season, in a few months!
LMAO- none of that happens anyway- no point debating it further

Lol just because the Giants are playing Russian Roulette, that we should to?

An organization runs best when they stick to the best long term future of the team, anything else and your just trynna keep up with your well-to-do neighbors when you simply don't got it like that... Yet.
Not even close to my point- and not worth my time debating if you don’t understand what an NFL GM has to balance in relation to player contracts

I think we are gonna be real bad next season! Numbers don’t add up. Plans don’t add up. Players don’t add up. A lot of things are way off!!!

That is incorrect. He should not be extended by the Dolphins. Business is not done like that.
To get extended, he would have had to perform on rookie contract to give us reason to believe we can win a championship with him, and to say okay let's pay and give it another try with this quarterback because we are close with him. He failed to do that. He was not competitive enough as a QB, in four years of tries , when he was anointed and given four years and everything revolved around him.

That is why Chris Grier needs to be fired too, because to him it's about him and keeping his sht going and keeping the illusion going more than about the team and winning.

Their window has closed, they have failed, and they need to be fired. Not extended!
👏👏👏

Love played great in last week's playoff game against the Cowboys!
And he played real bad vs. the Giants, Steelers, Vikings, Raiders(Aweful!), Lions, Saints... All those games are under a 77 rating. You might not like stats but there's simply no way you watch a game with your eyeballs and conclude a QB with this output had any better than a **** ****ing game.

Aren't elite QBs always taking their team on their back and win games with toughness and will power alone? Or does doing it half the time ok if his name ain't Tua?

And he played real bad vs. the Giants, Steelers, Vikings, Raiders(Aweful!), Lions, Saints... All those games are under a 77 rating. You might not like stats but there's simply no way you watch a game with your eyeballs and conclude a QB with this output had any better than a **** ****ing game.

Aren't elite QBs always taking their team on their back and win games with toughness and will power alone? Or does doing it half the time ok if his name ain't Tua?
I never wrote that Love was elite. I just wrote that he played great against the Cowboys. My opinion of his play is that he often throws off his back foot which looks amateurish.

Back
Top Bottom