Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

Why do you think that is the only way to be all in? Last time I checked he is under contract and will be the starting QB in 2024. What would be stupid would be to sign him to a big contract extension this offseason before he has a chance to prove he could win against good teams in big games. Because if he can't improve in those situations then he isn't going to be worth the money he would get with a contract extension.

I agree it’s stupid.

Because Grier needs to lower his cap number for this coming season. It’s the only way he can keep this Ponzi scheme going.

I agree it’s stupid.

Because Grier needs to lower his cap number for this coming season. It’s the only way he can keep this Ponzi scheme going.
He can lower the cap by making other moves without extending Tua this offseaon.

Asinine article. Tua is maybe the seventh best quarterback in the AFC.

That is incorrect. He should not be extended by the Dolphins. Business is not done like that.
To get extended, he would have had to perform on rookie contract to give us reason to believe we can win a championship with him, and to say okay let's pay and give it another try with this quarterback because we are close with him. He failed to do that. He was not competitive enough as a QB, in four years of tries , when he was anointed and given four years and everything revolved around him.

That is why Chris Grier needs to be fired too, because to him it's about him and keeping his sht going and keeping the illusion going more than about the team and winning.

Their window has closed, they have failed, and they need to be fired. Not extended!
It’s the way the market is set- if you were Tua would you accept less $ or comparable $ to Daniel Jones’ deal- I sure as sh1t wouldn’t- neither would any of us… Tua is light years better than Jones who’s making 40 million a season…so the options are offer him something around 45 million a year to extend, or make him play out his contract, which will impact our cap more

It’s the way the market is set- if you were Tua would you accept less $ or comparable $ to Daniel Jones’ deal- I sure as sh1t wouldn’t- neither would any of us… Tua is light years better than Jones who’s making 40 million a season…so the options are offer him something around 45 million a year to extend, or make him play out his contract, which will impact our cap more

Why would I care what the market value is for Tua? He did not perform on contract and I am not paying him, I am not concerned about what to pay him!
I am getting rid of Tua and entering a new window with a rookie quarterback from the draft this season, in a few months!

Lol just because the Giants are playing Russian Roulette, that we should to?

An organization runs best when they stick to the best long term future of the team, anything else and your just trynna keep up with your well-to-do neighbors when you simply don't got it like that... Yet.

You guys really think this isn’t so obvious it takes inside info? If Tua plays on the 5th year option you’re sacrificing what you can do to the rest of the roster. My gut feeling is Grier won’t survive another rebuild so he’s not going to start one. They will extend Tua to free up cap space so they can work on the rest of the roster. Hopefully there is an out built into the contract somewhere. Being stuck with a subpar QB sucks but it would equally suck if Tua was excelling next year but we didn’t have a team around him because we stuck with the 5th year option and couldn’t pay anyone. I’ll be shocked if he plays under the 5th year option frankly. I think an extension could cut his 2024 hit in half. Which will be useful for Hunt, Wilkins, Williams and more help if you want that. Will see what happens I guess. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but will be serving it too 😂.
I've said this before, but you're assuming these derpwads are able to math lol. Don't bother trying to explain the cap situation bc it's not going to land with them.

I agree, and they NEED to beef up a healthier and more talented OL unit to see how he performs when its available to him. Its pretty unfair that he has to release the ball quick to mask the inefficiencies and inconsistencies of our oline these past few years.

Give him that and then see how he does.
Dear Lord, we are going on year FIVE. come on people, he is what he is, inferior to many AFC teams QBs so as long as you are ok with mediocrity, than sure Tua is the guy, We said before this year, he has all he weapons and this was a make or break year.

I've said this before, but you're assuming these derpwads are able to math lol. Don't bother trying to explain the cap situation bc it's not going to land with them.
No I understand the cap just fine and I don't care what cap savings they would get by extending Tua this offseason. I would not do it because he is just an average QB that can't beat good teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom