Football Outsiders recognizes 2 Phins for their play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football Outsiders recognizes 2 Phins for their play

Secondary looks great...D-line is full of young talent...get Raekwon back and add more at linebacker...RT back...look out

I would say a lot of those yards came on a few plays where Drake avoided a player in the backfield and bounced it. Football Outsiders has our line ranked 30th in 'adjusted line yards.'

Yeah i don’t think we were very good run blocking. It was especially noticeable when Ajayi was here still. We got better in pass protection. Had way too many penalties overall. Things to build on but more to improve on

Howard is going to be so good next season.

If Tank can improve? Watch out.

For sure. Tank looked good for a third round pick. Those 2 might make a great combo in the future. Lippett back should be good depth. I think McCain has improved in the slot; but still want a little better- i think we have him next year still too, so no biggie. McTyer is a good athlete, i wonder if we can develop him down the road for that role.

Do you think Macdonald and Jones is a good combo?

Nah. Two SS back there isn’t the best. I’m starting to lean towards what phinatic8u said. Get James and then TJ can play more of a nickle lb role. Maybe that allows reshad to freelance more which is where he makes plays

wow...no love for Landry???....(sarcasm) ...Reading the posts of how he is the heart and soul (paraphrasing) of the team...seems like he should be getting some attention

Secondary looks great...D-line is full of young talent...get Raekwon back and add more at linebacker...RT back...look out

Agree. Fix LBs and get a pass rusher. Should be better on d

2018 Phins are going to AFC Championship Game. IF:

Fix LBs. Raekwon plus one

Right tackle and one guard - I’m buying that Gase’s scheme can make them better than they are.

We keep Landry or DVP finally steps up.

Acquire a serviceable TE

I’m all in on Tannehill. He makes the Pro Bowl and maybe second team All Pro.

Drake made a lot happen on his own. How many times did he have to make a guy miss almost immediately after taking the handoff. I can't sign off on saying Pouncey was a plus.

The line will get better when Pouncey is no longer its "leader," and preferably not in the building either.

Xavien Howard is going to be a big player for us next season and beyond. Love that guy at corner and the performance he had against the Pats a few weeks ago was incredible. Very good season from him. Pouncey wasn't that good though he gives up way too many penalties.

Kenyan Drake should be getting more recognition. A lot was put on his shoulders after we traded off Ajayi and then Williams got injured. Drake stepped up and made some big plays for us this season.

Once I saw Pouncey's name I knew their would be a nash fest on him.

That guy ain't going nowhere.

The recognition given to X should say something to our FO, get them young, get them hungry, continue to build through the draft, set your foundation first and then add pieces through FA.
On Pouncey........A little surprise by that, but maybe I overlooked some good play by him this season.

Once I saw Pouncey's name I knew their would be a nash fest on him.

That guy ain't going nowhere.

Then we'll keep waiting for the line play we're all dreaming of, I guess.

Really happy for X that he could get this recognication after a few good games played and about 10 other terrible ones.

Dolphins moving up in the world! Next year we may actually draft a pro bowl player!

In order to have a good run game you need a good push up front. Getting a good push up front means you need power. Power and push for OL come from the hips. Pouncey has a degenerative hip condition. I acknowledge Pouncey for what he has done here, but it's time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom