Football player/ Star have you met? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football player/ Star have you met?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Since we have a lot of the repeat threads out there, I thought I would ask to see what football player or star everyone has met? I had the pleasure of meeting Bill Goldberg today at work. Talk about a real down to earth guy. Yes he still big. He said he got out of the wrestling business about a year ago. He said that the stuff they want you to do today. He drives a Big Black Dodge Ram 2500 pickup. He says he is doing tv, and movies locally here in San Diego area, and he said he loves it.

One of our sales guys who is only 5 foot 3 inches at the most was telling me the story. he said this hot chick walks into our farm and garden store, and he said she is so hot, that she looked like the best Nitro girl there was, at this point Joey is drueling all over himself, and the next thing he knows, Bill comes in behind him, and puts his on his shoulder, and goes so how are you doing today Joey? He almost filled his pants up. I just thought I would share that.

I met a bunch of Fins at Jay Fiedler's Golf Tourney last year..

1) Ricky (ya I know.. what a punk)

2) JT- very very cool

3) Fee Fee- obviously, it was his tourney, but he wasnt particularly nice

4) Olindo- great golfer

5) Randy McM

6) Sage

7) Sam Madison

8) Sam Simmons

Met and talked to most of these guys- and Im not just saying it because he is no longer a Fin, but all were so nice except Jay who was a complete jerk. Oh, and Ricky was quiet, maybe he was... well you know :wink:

Anyway just thought I would share.

Warren Sapp....

i was 11 i believe, i asked for an autograph, he completley ignored me and got in his limo.

ehh, w/e.

Jon Kitna and David Fulcher (formerly of the Bengals) go to my church and Hall of Fame tackle Anthony Munoz talked to our football team last year before a playoff game. I also dated the niece of former Ohio State great Bob White, and have met him quite a few times.

Kevin DuBrow, Carlos Cavazo, and Rudi Sarzo of Quiet Riot, All of Armored Saint(if you ever heard of them), had Lance Mehl(played LB for Jets in late 70's -mid 80's) for a substitute teacher a couple of times. He went to my high school as did Joey Galloway.

I met Richard Seymour in a sports store in Rhode Island. I'm obviously a Miami fan so I was ecstatic to se him but i must say that he is HUGE.

Zach Thomas.. spoke to him for a few minutes downtown ft lauderdale last year.. he was outside a club waiting for some friends.

Ayanbadejo when I was in Miami for the Miami-Jets game (the final Ricky Williams game), a really nice guy. We talked about how cold Buffalo is and how he and myself are glad we are in warm weather.

Hulk Hogan at Universal Studios, he was on vacation, hard to miss a guy those guns, also a nice guy, very laid back, talked about the Jaws ride and where I was from and matchs he has played there.

Yoko Ono<sp? in NYC-very quick chat about the music being played before some type of parade, I want to say Peurto Rican<sp? parade. We both agreed it was interesting.

Also I forgot that my brother and his friend actually met Jerry Jones and he is actually VERY VERY nice, he let them hold one of his super bowl rings, we have a picture of it framed in his room.

I played pool at a local bar with E. James(he was cool played pool with numerous people talked to everyone for about 4 hours)during the colts training camp, also met Drew Brees.

This is cool, and very interesting. I shook Bill's hand, and he was just a great guy. He lives here in the Bonsall/Fallbrook area. Can be seen at a local vitamin store in Fallbrook from time to time.

went to high school w/ Clinton Portis, and also former Charger RB Kenny Bynum (not a widely known star). graduated from Gainesville (FL) High School. played against and met Daunte Culpepper. he's a really cool guy. I've met Bryan Cox, Jim Kiick, Kevin Carter, Emmitt Smith, Errict Rhett. went to elementary and middle school w/ Doug Johnson. also met Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Chris Doering, Lamar Thomas. also have met Ludacris, Nickelback, Sister Hazel and Less Than Jake.

JT's wife... DOES SHE COUNT? (since she is doubly related to our beloved fins!!)

i met dan marino , when he was here in berlin for an american bowl game against denver, somehow our local football team made it possible to run a practice session with the fins, but i only managed to catch a pass by scott secules... :(

i met OJ McDuffie several years ago (like, many years ago), when he was still playing for the fins. i used to go to ITT there in davie across the street from the practice facility - we used to go there on lunch break and watch them.

OJ was cool as hell... even during a regular practice, had time to come over and chat with us between drills. he even autographed a football for me. great guy, its a shame of his injury.

I met Jay Fiedler once too (outside of dolphins training camp, at a publix) and he was very nice to me. I didn't talk to him very long because we were grocery shopping, but i thanked him for helping us win (this was in 2000 - he was very good then). he was very cordial and said thanks for stopping him to complement him.... he said that kind of stuff is what he plays for... seemed genuine, no way you could make that up on the spur of the moment.

I also met Dan "the Man" on many occasions... i used to go to a local childrens theater (FLCT) as an intern, and his son dano went there... he came in all the time to pick up dano. he was very cool. the son dano was pretty cool... My sis knew him too because she used to care for his kids sometimes at the theater - then my sis relocated to NYC for school and she ran into Marino there several times (i guess marino was up there for the filming of that NFL Today show or something). she kept seeing Marino around and Marino recognized her and offered to meet up for dinner - said dano was up there with him and would love to see her again.... she had dinner with him and dano a couple of times for old times sake. i'm not claiming to know dan or anything, just think its a small world - what are the odds two people that know each other from ft. laud would bump into each other in NYC? i would have killed to be in my sister's shoes though - to eat and hang out with the legend himself. she said he's very nice, but not very modest... thats understandable though.

i met ricky back in his UT days.... pre-dolphin. my brother works for UT's athletic department and i get back there a lot and meet the players. I think Cedric Benson is a schmuck, and he doesn't seem to be popular with the other players in the locker room. Ricky was popular in UT, but i think it was because he was so quiet and produced so well.. its hard to not like quiet people.

Of all the UT stars that went on to be successful, i think Roy Williams (WR - Detroit) was the nicest i met. He acted so much older than he really was, and was very cordial. nice guy...

Back
Top Bottom