Football player/ Star have you met? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football player/ Star have you met?

I got a pass to go to Emmit Smith's superbowl party two years ago in San Diego...

I met the bus, eric dickerson, TD, barry sanders and yes Emmit Smith (who yelled at me for asking for two autographs :D)

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
man id give a testicle to meet Marino.

He is not very nice. He is snotty. I met him at a sports signing and he was rude. You are not missing anything special.

I have run golf tournaments with Jim Brown and Lawrence Taylor playing in multiple years of the tourney. Got to talk with them quite a bit. Lawrence came off the course early one season and I got to pick his brain for an hour. Things from that conversation won't be on this forum any time soon. Got to know Johnny Unitas pretty well because he worked for one of my members. Hated to see such a nice person pass away. Met other players, but did not get to know them very well.

nydolphinfan said:
He is not very nice. He is snotty. I met him at a sports signing and he was rude.

Man...i wouldn't give a fuq. I love Marino. he could call my kids ugly and spit at my wife....I'd still ask for an autograph. Plus he can sense his number one fans.

I'm still holding out hope that I'll get to meet Mr. Offerdahl.

I'd like to meet the Dolphins cheerleaders...bukkkkked nekkkkked at a all you can eat restaurant.

I went to hofstra for my first year of college and was their for summer classes. Anyone who follows the jets knows they are their for summer camp and one day while i was their we were tossing around the football and ended up playing with a rookie by the name of santana moss. I didnt think anything of it then cause he was a big flop that season but now its a pretty quality story.

Shot the breeze with Scottie Pippen a month ago at Disney's Grand Resort

I wouoldnt mind meeting Pippen. He seems pretty down to earth. But of course id rather meet his airness.

I saw Sean Taylor beat some kind up at a party when I was in highschool. That was kinda cool. He is one scary sonuvabitch when he is angry, and he is huge. Wasnt much of a fight though. THe only Dolphin I ever met was Brian Greise at a car rental place I used to work at in Fort Lauderdale.

Magic Johson in LV. He was with Cookie his wife. this was the second time. 1st was in New Orleans during the final 4 back when I was in jr high. My grandfather introduced us.

Barry Sanders 1st in the OKC airport on the way to LV (where I met Magic). He was also with his wife...she's hot! 2nd time was up in Stillwater for the OSU v. Texas big 12 chapionship basketball game a couple years ago. He starngely enough remembered me. We went out and had some drinks. It just so happened he also was familiar with my grandfather who was an all-american in basketball for OSU. We went with Byron Houston and some of my grandfathers teammates. Much fun and tons of stories.

Met Troy Aikman on a plane from Dallas to Orlando. He's a total tool. I was taking my girlfriend to Orlando and she kept bugging me to get his autograph. After I apologized for bothering him, I asked him and he said, "can't you see I'm on vacaction!" At which point I said it was for my girlfried. He's simply said "no". So I said "you are the dick that Emmitt told me you were" and walked away.

Emmit Smith in wichita falls, tx. during training camp. He was trying to get my cousin to go home with him (he was married). That didn't bother me as my cousin was interested. He ended up buying all the drinks at Graham Central and kept asking if she was interested. Needless to say I used the opportunity to get so personal info on some players. Nothing too bad but he said Aikman was a punk at times. (proof:read above)

Demetrius Underwood was on my 4 some for golf in WF during training camp. he furtunately didn't go nuts :) , couldn't play golf for crap but was extremely nice and fun to be around.

Jay Novacek was our spokesman for Golden Fried Chicken. Shot a lot of commercials with us. Very down to earth. Loves hunting and fishing so I invited him to hunt with us on the opening of Dove season a few years back (we have a big thing that weekend). Good hunter. OK at shooting clays. Nice kinda downhome guy.

Eddie Sutton coach of OSU basketball. Teammate of my grandfathers back. Funny guy. He came with when we had drinks after the OSU/Texas game. Those older guys get a couple drinks in them and they act like they are back on campus playing cards in the dorms..truly fun.

Met a lot when I was Managing Hooters in Addison, TX most noteably:

Mark Cuban who came in one day by himself just after lunch. Nice guy. T-shirt and jeans. Talked to him briefly and he actually remembered me from The 2 games I was siting in the floor seats behind the bench. I guess that was because I stopped him the second game and struck up a converation...which his bodyguard didn't care for. But no bodyguard at the restuarant.

Maty Turco came in with some guys after a playoff loss. Very quite guy but we barely talked him in to taking some pictures.

Dennis Rodman: wouldn't sign one autograph. The girls were going nuts for guy and he blew them off. Turd!

Michael Irvin comes in about once a month. Always makes a big deal. Loves talking to everyone and signing every autograph he can give away. Except for one time, he acted truly weird. Came in and out twice. Wouldn't sign anything and didn't want to be bothered.

Brett Hull: A buddy works for the Stars and told him to meet out for beer. I got invited as well. Fun guy. Loves Beer.

Bobby Knight during the New Orleans final 4. I was in jr high at the time but my grandfather took me to the tourny. He is a crude guy. Plenty of sexist jokes and even grabbed a waitresses but during lunch one day. Fun, yes but my being in jr high didn't edit him one bit. Got so bad my grandfather had to ask him to clean it up.

I've met a lot of lesser know athletes as well as most of the Dallas Cowboys from the late 80s early 90s. :)

Anyway my favorites were Magic (my favorite Basketball player of all time), Barry (who IS as nice and shy as he appears), and Cuban.

Knew Fulton Walker pretty well, he was in grad school at wvu, he lived with some chick and another girl my buddy hit on occasion. he was a good guy. one time i was there mark clayton called and fulton, (knowing i was a huge fin fan, put me on the phone. just a quick hello, but he was polite). Met oscar robertson at a basketball clinic in 77. i believe he worked for pepsi. he was a big man. met willie mays at a sports banquet in 79, he was quiet and small. met jeff hostetler at wvu, tall lanky, real quiet. knew brian jowziak at wvu, not well but we lived in the same dorm. he was huge. shook nixons hand in 70 or so. met carlos quintana (former bosox first baseman ) at a ryans in winterhaven.

Back
Top Bottom