Football player/ Star have you met? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football player/ Star have you met?

The only semi-famous athlete I've met is Reggie McNeal (QB from Texas A&M), I met him at an A&M Alumni Club deal my grandfather took me to...pretty cool guy. I almost met Marino, though. I was workin as a flag football ref for the YMCA in Weston, and he coached a team in a game that I was supposed to ref (I got moved off the game, though...cuz I was pretty new and the guy running the whole thing said Marino would eat me alive first mistake I made, lol).

I shared a cab ride with Dick Butkus once in mid town Manhattan. i beat him to the cab and when I looked up to see who I had beaten I realized it was Dick Butkus! I offered to share the ride with him and a friend of his and we talked football the entire five minutes. His stop was first, I told him to put his money away, it was an honor for me to share the ride with him and then shook hands with him as he was exiting the cab. The man had hands the size of my head. Unbeleivable. Anyaway I will always remember that day. Additionally the guy was freindly and nice.

I know Erica N., Jenn. P, Melissa, and a couple of the ravens cheerleaders. I KNOW steven Blake of the wizards ex-girl friend who is now married to the Minn. Vikes 3rd QB who used to go to Univ of MD. I met Tyrone Wheatley and Roosevelt Potts. Both very nice and I met there wives when I was out bowling. Mrs. Wheatley, and Potts were real nice. I also knww George Murason when he played for the Wizards, he is real nice also. Denny Neagle the MLB pitcher is a ****y dix head. My dad played golf with Bruce Smith and said he was real cool and he had dinner with GBush Senior (when he was VP) and said he was real down to earth.

I have met J.B Brown former cb,Bryan Cox,wr James Pruitt,Lorenzo Hampton,Jim Kick,Ferrell Edmunds and Tony Nathan at a charity basketball event here in Ocala,Fla...brother played high school football with Daunte Culpepper which donated 10,000 dollars to the youth football league to help with a new field..

I met Dan the Man. Not a jerk at all. one of the nicest players ive ever met. always willing to talk bout the game. gave me a compliment on my goaltending to.

I met Marino and Theisman at a football camp in Conneticut in the summer of 1984. They both signed a panel ball and took some pictures with me and a buddy. Nice guys both. Fuc*ing ball and camera got stolen at the camp.

I also met most of the team in Nashville during the joint practice in 2002. I drove up for the practice and decided to ride around and look for music row. I saw a truck been loaded with Dolphin gym bags at a hotel in downtown three hours before the practice. I hung out in the lobby with about ten other dolfans and we all got our photos taken and autographs from most of the players and coaches (yes Wanny too :yell: )

Coolest one had to be Zach. He actually hung out in the lobby for about 20 minutes and shot the **** with us! Cool, cool, guy :cool: . JT was also very cool! Gadsen was the biggest prick by far!

i met shaun alexander, shaud williams, freddie roach, antuan odom, and Mike Shula (Don's son) at A day at Alabama last year, all of them were incrediably nice people

nydolphinfan said:
He is not very nice. He is snotty. I met him at a sports signing and he was rude. You are not missing anything special.

u could not be farther from the truth. he does not apreciate being asked for autographs from adults while he is relaxing because he knows that most will turn and sell it. but he will gladly sign a hat for a little boy. the 1st time i met him i did not have neything with me and he gave me the hat he was wearing and signed it for me. great guy. dont let any one tell u otherwise

Players I've met

Yao Ming, Shaq, Jordan, Frank Thomas, Cal Ripken, and took a leak at a hotel in Minnestoa the year Cris Carter played in Miami and he was at the urnil next to me. Also met ACDC at a Burger King in Des Moines, Iowa. Cinderella was also with ACDC. While in Minnesota also walked by Kobe, ARod, Griffey Jr., Sir Charles Barkley, and Sam Perkins, man was he tore up!

IAFINFAN said:
Yao Ming, Shaq, Jordan, Frank Thomas, Cal Ripken, and took a leak at a hotel in Minnestoa the year Cris Carter played in Miami and he was at the urnil next to me. Also met ACDC at a Burger King in Des Moines, Iowa. Cinderella was also with ACDC. While in Minnesota also walked by Kobe, ARod, Griffey Jr., Sir Charles Barkley, and Sam Perkins, man was he tore up!
what sport does Angus play

I was at the Buick Open and Fuzzy Zeoller pushed me in the back as he was going through the crowd. I am not sure if he qualifies as a celebrity sports person. You can get pretty up close and have good conversations with pro golfers at tournaments as long as they are not in contention. My friend walked a hole and talked to Freddie Coulpes about Idaho. Freddie's from Seattle originally.

I met BoB Newhart at a magazine rack in Malibu once. He was a little CooCoo though. The clerk said have a good day to him and he ignored her. She was good looking too.

When I was 11 years old I went to the Ft Lauderdale Sportatorium and met Csonka,Kiick,Nat Moore, Bob Baumhower, Kim Bokamper, Bob Griese and Brian when he was like 6 years old. I had my #38 Leroy Harris jersey on. Remember him? RB. My mom still has all the pictures in an album and they all signed a poster I had of the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders 1970-1980? I was confused:lol: My parents were more stoked at the time because they were fans from innaugural season and got to appreciate 1970-1974

Back
Top Bottom