For All Of Those Wondering About The Retirement Papers.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For All Of Those Wondering About The Retirement Papers....

BlitPhinFan said:
:woot: Thank you for clearing that up.

Edit: does that apply to O-gun as well? He is under contract. Not that I don't want him signed and ready to pummle, but if he doesn't sign do we get that cap room as well?

No, Ogunleye is not under contract.

The Dolphins have offered him a required tender to keep exclusive negotiating rights. If they withdraw the tender for cap space Wale immediately becomes an UFA. Free to negotiate and sign a contract with any club in the league with no compensation due to the Dolphins. :tantrum:

F150&Dolfan said:
Merman just to clarify. I meant if the Dolphins put him on the reserve did not report list would he be out for the season regardless.

I knew what you meant and the answer is No. :)

He can always report to perform his contract obligations unless he gets cut. He just won't get paid much after a four game suspension and all the fines due now and yet to be assessed for not reporting.

Every year we hear about a player under contract not reporting. Last year it was Duce Staley and this year it's Keenan McCardell. They all report because they can't afford to have the daily fines add up.

Ricky's best bet is to get into camp or retire.

Merman said:
No, Ogunleye is not under contract.

The Dolphins have offered him a required tender to keep exclusive negotiating rights. If they withdraw the tender for cap space Wale immediately becomes an UFA. Free to negotiate and sign a contract with any club in the league with no compensation due to the Dolphins. :tantrum:
That makes sense, thank you for the clarification. Man, I am beat. But I just can't pull myself away to go to sleep!

Back
Top Bottom