For All Of You Dolfans That Said Fiedler Isnt Injury Prone | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For All Of You Dolfans That Said Fiedler Isnt Injury Prone

you know dag on well if this were a reg. season game he would be playing.the man missed 6 games 5 last yr yep he's injured all the time. alot of guys miss practice i guess there injury prone also. but this argument will go round and round . . the fact is outside of farve jay has missed no more than any other qb in the nfl. because he's had some surgeries in the off season and during tc. wow what did you think of marino guess he was injured prone too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Trekbiz

Just to play devils advocate....
Almost the same exact things were said about Darryl Gardener when he had a "minor" back strain. Only the team doc's know what the real situation is and as tricky as back problems are the doc's may not even know. We'll see.

One thing for sure..... with Jay having back problems......
A prescription of Warren Sapp is NOT the solution!

When and if Jay ever has back surgery I can then see your point.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Va.fin fan
dolphin mike, look the sky is falling. and you would beleive it. take your neg garbage somewhere else. give the he is injury prone crap a rest. you know dag on well if this were a reg. season game he would be playing.the mans missed 6 games 5 last yr yep he's injured all the time. alot of guys miss practice i guess there injury prone also. but this argument will go round and round you just want something to be neg. about. the fact is outside of farve jay has missed no more than any other qb in the nfl. because he's had some surgeries in the off season and during tc. wow what did you think of marino guess he was injured prone too.

Come on now, Mike's not being negative. You have to remember he's a football coach, and I'm certain as concerned as Mike is I would bet Wanny is as well.

Like it or not Jay has missed time in every pre-season, you cannot get away from that fact. This has to be a concern. The question is how much of a concern is it?

Oliver...

Va...that was completely uncalled for man, Mike was just bringing up a valid observation......not cool man....don't let it happen again please, this is a warning okay....next time is a one week ban so think about that before you reply again.

I understand completely how mike feels. Other Fin fans I know feel the same exact way. But why exactly is his missing preseason games (which he would play if they had been reg season games) a concern or a basis for being injury prone? We come out every September smoking and are usually one of the teams to beat early. Jay in his three years here has played better early in the season than late. I see absolutely no effect on this team from him missing preseason games, judging on just how good we are early and there is absolutely no evidence to support the claim that his missing preseason does effect us.

I just felt that injury prone was not the right term for someone who has one fluke injury and nagging injuries that he plays through. If it were, than you can make a case for most Qbs being injury prone. I also felt that missing preseason was not a good measure of how injury prone a player is because they are not real games and the main purpose of the games are not for timing, as Mike said, but for examining how the second and third stringers respond in game like situations and for solidifying your roster spots.

Originally posted by Rrodr038
I understand completely how mike feels. Other Fin fans I know feel the same exact way. But why exactly is his missing preseason games (which he would play if they had been reg season games) a concern or a basis for being injury prone? We come out every September smoking and are usually one of the teams to beat early. Jay in his three years here has played better early in the season than late. I see absolutely no effect on this team from him missing preseason games, judging on just how good we are early and there is absolutely no evidence to support the claim that his missing preseason does effect us.

I just felt that injury prone was not the right term for someone who has one fluke injury and nagging injuries that he plays through. If it were, than you can make a case for most Qbs being injury prone. I also felt that missing preseason was not a good measure of how injury prone a player is because they are not real games and the main purpose of the games are not for timing, as Mike said, but for examining how the second and third stringers respond in game like situations and for solidifying your roster spots.

Rod, I hear what you are saying, but I think Preseason is as much about timing and excecution as anything else. Yes, it's important to see all the new blood, but angles, timing, etc are all very important to all phases of the game.

Also, I think it's fair the say Jay's not playing as well at the end of the season the past 3 years can also be linked to injuries he's had in the late season. He's tough as nails, and plays hurt. But he seems to always be hurt late in the year and in preseason and it hurts his effort and the team.
That's all I'm saying. Anyhow, there is nothing I hope more than for Jay to stay healthy, and I hope he leads us to the Super Bowl, But I've wondered since season one about his durability.

Fair enough...I guess we are just going to have to disagree about the durability issue and how important preseason is in terms of timing.

well mike your hashed this topic befor. you start a thread for all you people who said jays not injury prone. it's like i told you so topic that's why i said the neg garbage comment, maybe that did sound a bit harsh, and i will change my post and i apologize. but do you know any different that it's not severe injury that would have kept him out of a reg season game? no you do not. and you being a coach would know or should know if you have a player thats nicked up there's no reason to play him in a meaningless game. you already know what you have with jay your not evaluating him to see if he's gonna start. And as for the english thing. like a fool i quit school in the 9 th grade worst mistake of my life, so for now it's the best your gonna get from me bro.
but i learned a trade started a buisness and pull down over 100.000.00 yr. but man it would have been a whole lot easier if i stayed in school. again i apologize to you and the rest of the posters at this site. i should not have been so neg. sounding myself. peace bro. and no hard feelings i hope.

Originally posted by Rrodr038
Fair enough...I guess we are just going to have to disagree about the durability issue and how important preseason is in terms of timing.

Hopfully we wont even have to disagree. My hope is his back is getting better or is ok and he'll be just fine this week (and this season)! From the reports on the TB game, sounds like we stunk the joint up. I would have liked to see Jay play them.

Originally posted by Va.fin fan
well mike your hashed this topic befor. you start a thread for all you people who said jays not injury prone. it's like i told you so topic that's why i said the neg garbage comment, maybe that did sound a bit harsh, and i will change my post and i apologize. but do you know any different that it's not severe injury that would have kept him out of a reg season game? no you do not. and you being a coach would know or should know if you have a player thats nicked up there's no reason to play him in a meaningless game. you already know what you have with jay your not evaluating him to see if he's gonna start. And as for the english thing. like a fool i quit school in the 9 th grade worst mistake of my life, so for now it's the best your gonna get from me bro.
but i learned a trade started a buisness and pull down over 100.000.00 yr. but man it would have been a whole lot easier if i stayed in school. again i apologize to you and the rest of the posters at this site. i should not have been so neg. sounding myself. peace bro. and no hard feelings i hope.

You da man Va!

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom