For All Of You Dolfans That Said Fiedler Isnt Injury Prone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For All Of You Dolfans That Said Fiedler Isnt Injury Prone

I'm not exactly a well conditioned professional athlete, then again I'm aaaaa no slouch myself, but the dreaded back spasms have put me completely out of commission for three days at a time before. They're kind of a vicious cycle in that when you initially irritate your back it creates the spasm, which in turn becomes highly prone to further irritation, which leads to more spasms and so on. You kind of just have to let it diffuse itself over time or it will continue to recur. I say if Operation Dumbo Drop needs the time off to get right; let him have it, because judging by the display of precision passing he put on at the scrimmage, we'll certainly need him healthy this year--all year.

This is all benefiting Griese, so we should be kinda happy. Jay isn't risking it..he's knows he has to show up this year, and how ****ty would that be if Sapps fat *** "fell" on him. .

I believe that Jay may not be injured aswell, just does not mesh with how great he has been in camp and how much bigger eveyrone's been saying he's become. The best thing for this team will be a solid backup, and Brian is still a bit behind and needs the reps more then Jay by far. So rather then letting the press start the QB cont., Jay all of a sudden has a minor back problem that can go away quickly.....
This is just my opinion, but I think it is very possible.

LOL, if Sapp fell on him he probably couldn't get up. Now with the Jay thing, I know what's it's like to have back spasms and they come on bothersome easily. The good thing is that Jay is walking around. If he was having really bad problems he would be bed-ridden, trust me. IMO, the Fins don't want to take any extra risks with him. He is way too important to the team. I think it's good that Griese gets this chance to improve, although Fiedler needs the reps to.

Originally posted by Muck
I'd still love to see him out there against Tampa. Missing the game won't kill us. But he still needs to be out there.

I don't like that Jay is injured already, but I agree with many that Griese is the one that needs more work to learn this offense.
I think a lot of the hesitancy and poor decisions Griese showed early is a result of having a crash course on this offense. It's always a 2 year deal. If you remember Norv Turner did'nt even get halfway into his playbook the first year he was with the Fins simply because he didn'nt want to overwhelm the team. Griese is no different here. He needs time and has shown as time has come along that he's getting better.
Playing against Tampa's first string can do nothing but speed along the learning process.

Jay needs to stay healthy through at least the first half of the season for Griese to be capable if he is eventually needed IMO.

Hopefully Jay's back is just a tweak.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I believe that Jay may not be injured aswell, just does not mesh with how great he has been in camp and how much bigger eveyrone's been saying he's become.........
Jay all of a sudden has a minor back problem that can go away quickly.....
This is just my opinion, but I think it is very possible.

Just to play devils advocate....
Almost the same exact things were said about Darryl Gardener when he had a "minor" back strain. Only the team doc's know what the real situation is and as tricky as back problems are the doc's may not even know. We'll see.

One thing for sure..... with Jay having back problems......
A prescription of Warren Sapp is NOT the solution!

Originally posted by inFINSible
This injury is in no way, shape, or form is setting us back (no pun intended). If anything it is putting us in an even better position.

First of all it's not serious. All indications are that Jay could play, no problem, if the game actually counted tonight. Okay, they could be lying to avoid a sh*t storm but, at this point I'm going to take their word for it. The reason Rrodr038, used only last year as an example was to illustrate that Jay OBVIOUSLY doesn't need to take every snap in the preseason to be effective at the start of the regular season. So, if he is injury prone like we think, this is just extra time off where we don't have to worry about him getting hurt more seriously and possibly missing real game time.

Second, this gives the team and BG an opportunity to see BG working with the first team offense, in game conditions, that they wouldn't have if Jay was healthy. He//, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a *wink wink* injury just to avoid the fall out of wanting to see Brian work with the first team O and starting him over a healthy Jay.

Mike, I agree that Fiedler may be made of glass but, at this point, this particular injury is more good than bad. IMO.

Maybe so.....I hate to think this could be true...goes against my grain, but hopfully thats all there is to it.

Every QB in the NFL is "injury prone". Even Manning, Favre, and Vick were nicked up and had to play hurt. Vick, alone, had two separated shoulders.

This is the preseason. Heck, are we going to say that Strahan is made of glass because he was held out for his broken pinky toe? No. Simply put, the coaches are using and excuese to rest starters this early. Strahan would be out there if the pats game yesterday would have been a real game, and Feidler would be out there if this were a real game. Heck, the point of the preseason is to see the young guys play. Feidler already knows the offense. Feidler already has the timing down. Feidler is already confident. Greise has to develop all of these. Griese should play far more than Feidler. He needs it.

what about that surtain guy... he sure seems to be injured alot.. maybe we should just let fletcher start since he doesn't seem to be injured much.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Maybe so.....I hate to think this could be true...goes against my grain, but hopfully thats all there is to it.

:lol:....I hope so too!

Seriously though, if any of your boys were worth millions of dollars to keep healthy, you might have a change of grain. ;)

I just think everyone is taking this back thing way out of proportion. Jay is only sitting you for caution purposes. He is prefectly capable of playing tonight but the coaches (and me.. but i dont count) prefer to keep him out, rest his back and keep him healthy for the REGULAR season which makes all the difference. I think this is just another opportunity for people that dont believe in Jay to start a controversy. People this game means nothing! Get over it and relax!!

MAYBE GRIESE AND FLETCHER STARTING PRESEASON GAMES WILL HELP THIS TEAM.... REPS UNDER PRESSURE MIGHT PAY OFF IN DECEMBER... YA THINK?

Originally posted by eltos_lightfoot
Every QB in the NFL is "injury prone". Even Manning, Favre, and Vick were nicked up and had to play hurt. Vick, alone, had two separated shoulders.

I agree that every QB gets injured. IMO you can only claim somebody is injury prone if he gets injured more often than others at the same position. If he gets injured the same amount or less then he is not injury prone. I haven't checked the injury history of all the starting QBs, but my guess is that JF misses less time then most.

All I'm saying is.....I'd love to see Jay out there picking apart Tampa's D.

Missing this game won't kill us. But when you miss time, it DOES have an effect. That's what I meant by "Jay needs to be out there". I agree with him sitting. But I disagree that it has no effect on the team.

Back
Top Bottom