For All The Fin Fans That Hate Our Current Uni’s/Logo…. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For All The Fin Fans That Hate Our Current Uni’s/Logo….

I know it’s a matter of opinion or personal taste, but I still say any Dolphin fan claiming our current uni’s are “horrendous” or one of the “worst” in the league are just flat out wrong and a tid bit over dramatic.

Don’t like the current logo? That’s fair. Don’t like the lighter shade of aqua- I’m right there with you. That being said, they are still clean, uncluttered looking uni’s without any unnecessary crap on them which seems to be the new trend with each new rebrand that we see. There’s just not a dramatic enough difference to claim our throwbacks are the best looking uni in the league and our currents are amongst the worse. I’ve said it before, but a darker aqua and a couple extra stripes is all the current kit needs.

Wait until they allow advertising on uniforms. They have overdone it in Rugby, the most egregious example being Northampton Saints shorts to whit
1713933706800.png

Really you want to advertise across some 250lb squat-arse prop's rear end! Well maybe Circumstances would.

I’m Ok with current Dolphins uniform, I just wish it was twice a year and throwbacks were the norm.

That being said, where are our orange jerseys?? We have a lot of players that haven’t even played in one yet.
I’m down with the orange for sure. Love those jerseys.

Other teams also have bad unis. That does NOT give me any greater appreciation for our current uniform situation. This is not a "count your blessings" situation. This is a, "Wow, we have even more company in the bad uniform group.". LOL

I know I am in the minority on this. I'm not a huge fan of the all-white uniforms either. I know they are a tradition. I find it boring. Even an aqua facemask would go a long way.
I prefer either aqua jersey on white pants or white jersey on aqua pants. Aqua on white is my favorite. I even liked the all aqua uni's we wore on MNF against Chicago in 2002.
I'm just glad they never tried a aqua on orange (or vice versa) look.

Last edited:
Denver did a terrible job. The white helmet is ugly AF and the triangles throughout the uni is way overdone. Some iterations look like the Bears uni and some look like the Chargers, while others are obviously the Broncos, but just downgraded. Their throwbacks are AMAZING, just like ours.

With all these uniform and logo updates, you just know almost every team will do updates in the near future, including the new 3rd helmet rule. So we might as well embrace it.

Therefore, I would love for them to go throwback full time and use the new logo only as the alternate. I think all gray uniform, including a gray 3rd helmet, could be included in the alternate looks with the current logo and unis. Of
course there would be aqua and orange accents, like stripes and numbers.

No orange or black jerseys, please. Too many teams with new black alternate jerseys and/or helmets. And orange was hideous when we did it.

Agree on the orange. We looked like the University of Miami Hurricanes with the old orange jerseys. Our newer orange jerseys (matched with pants) looked like a Minute Maid orange juice billboard.

Last edited:
Was going to say...just your opinion? Otherwise, who would say they were one of the worst in the league? I thought they looked pretty cool myself...

Not a fan of the Lions Duct Tape uniforms either. The worst in the league are when the Browns go with brown jerseys on orange pants. They look like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup package.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say completely different in '97, but ten years ago, yes. I liked the '97 logo but prefer '72.

I did not hate the 1996-2012 logo. I didn't love it either. that logo, along with the jersey number shading was a product of its time. I loved the 1974-1995 logo and it's iterations (all changes to that logo were very, very slight).

Last edited:
I know it’s a matter of opinion or personal taste, but I still say any Dolphin fan claiming our current uni’s are “horrendous” or one of the “worst” in the league are just flat out wrong and a tid bit over dramatic.

Don’t like the current logo? That’s fair. Don’t like the lighter shade of aqua- I’m right there with you. That being said, they are still clean, uncluttered looking uni’s without any unnecessary crap on them which seems to be the new trend with each new rebrand that we see. There’s just not a dramatic enough difference to claim our throwbacks are the best looking uni in the league and our currents are amongst the worse. I’ve said it before, but a darker aqua and a couple extra stripes is all the current kit needs.

They're fine to watch as long as they don't zoom in/show the details. Kinda like the new Denver jerseys will be.

Was going to say...just your opinion? Otherwise, who would say they were one of the worst in the league? I thought they looked pretty cool myself...
Of course just my opinion. When the Dolphins played them in Detroit last year I was actually there, and many Lions fans agreed with me on the grey

Checkout the Texans new digs. That Red omg it's awful

Gawwddd those are bad. Putting both the primary and the secondary logo on the helmet at the same time is a faux paus I can’t ever recall seeing in the NFL (the marlins do it on their sugar kings uniforms and it totally ruins an otherwise cool concept). Not to mention the weird horn sleeves.

Back
Top Bottom