For all those Fletcher must go Bandwagonist | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those Fletcher must go Bandwagonist

allred65

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Dolphins | Fletcher Could See More Action
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:34:49 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins CB Jamar Fletcher has been playing so well in recent minicamp workouts that he is making a strong push for more playing time, according to head coach Dave Wannstedt.

- from www.KFFL.com

Welcome to the board Allred...
Nice to see Fletch is picking up the pace..Expectations were always high...Can you say Late-bloomer :rolleyes:
Or optimism :hitself:

Originally posted by allred65
Dolphins | Fletcher Could See More Action
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:34:49 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins CB Jamar Fletcher has been playing so well in recent minicamp workouts that he is making a strong push for more playing time, according to head coach Dave Wannstedt.

- from www.KFFL.com

He needs to still get better, as a #1 pick and the trash he talked before he got in the league, the guy hasnt done a thing. This is a make or break year for him.

We can also note Freeman is playing better as well, and if this is the case, does that mean that Marion should be worried about his starting job? I cant honestly see Miami bringing in Knight to have him sit on the bench.

Fletcher has that going for him, is the fact Tbuck was brought in to challange him not so much take his job, Tbuck is more insurance I think than anything else, where as knight was brought in to take someones job. I could be wrong, but everything I have read points to it that way.

In the end, its all good for the fins because nothing brings the best out of competators like serious competition...

is all about competition and we'll have that this year. There're several spots on the team where players are looking for more playing time and they're all gonna be trying their best to get that playing time.

Ozzy rules!!

Remember Fletcher has been playing in the #2 spot (since Surtain was sliding in on slot a lot) and has been pretty solid there if unspectacular. If he can get the slot receivers down he should at the very least be a very good nickel corner. Never did understand why we shifted Surtain inside all the time anyways.

What trash did he talk before he got in the league?

Fletcher has been absolutely fine, no more no less. Anyone who thinks that Buckley or Omare Lowe are going to beat him out are on crack. He's the best tackler of our corners on the roster and made a huge jump in terms of ability in year 2 from year 1. I expect the same from 2 to 3 - he'll be absolutely fine.

Originally posted by Boomer

Fletcher has been absolutely fine, no more no less. Anyone who thinks that Buckley or Omare Lowe are going to beat him out are on crack.

Wow, great reasoning.

For myself' I hope that Fletcher has improved his game enough to enable him to beat out Buckley because that would mean that he has become quite good.

Originally posted by Boomer
What trash did he talk before he got in the league?

Fletcher has been absolutely fine, no more no less. Anyone who thinks that Buckley or Omare Lowe are going to beat him out are on crack. He's the best tackler of our corners on the roster and made a huge jump in terms of ability in year 2 from year 1. I expect the same from 2 to 3 - he'll be absolutely fine.

I don't know if he is the best tackler. Wanny was just saying how that is the one area he needs to get better at.

"Asked what Fletcher must do to excel against slot receivers, Wannstedt said, "He's got to become more physical. I believe he will. You might alter the scheme because of somebody's lack of speed, but he's got to tackle. Teams are going to find a way schematically to make him make the tackle. He's ready for that.""

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...un18,0,5488199.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

You have got to be kidding?

This guy makes a couple of plays in a pitch and catch practice and people are celebrating him? I am sorry thy guy has got to do a lot more before a post like this should pop up.

Fletcher is in the dog house because he makes stupid play during game time and gets beat like a drum.

Don't go buy your Fletcher jersey just yet.

Well last year we didn't hear his name called half as much as in his rookie year..Matter of fact, as I rewatch games of last year, he was in on a number of stops that ended the opposing O downs, he did IMO improve from year 1. He got burn no more or less than Madison or Surtain last year, that helped this D to be #3..If he was a real weak link, teams would have gotten more 1st downs on him and extended their drives..that didn't happen over him alot.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Well last year we didn't hear his name called half as much as in his rookie year..Matter of fact, as I rewatch games of last year, he was in on a number of stops that ended the opposing O downs, he did IMO improve from year 1. He got burn no more or less than Madison or Surtain last year, that helped this D to be #3..If he was a real weak link, teams would have gotten more 1st downs on him and extended their drives..that didn't happen over him alot.

Exactly..........

Lets hold any judgement until the pads come on...I hold nothing against Fletcher, but dam, if it takes 3 yrs to start playing like a 1st rd pick then somethings not right.....DO we have to pressure him into playing better all the time??? The pressure wont always be there.

Back
Top Bottom