For all those Fletcher must go Bandwagonist | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those Fletcher must go Bandwagonist

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Well last year we didn't hear his name called half as much as in his rookie year..Matter of fact, as I rewatch games of last year, he was in on a number of stops that ended the opposing O downs, he did IMO improve from year 1. He got burn no more or less than Madison or Surtain last year, that helped this D to be #3..If he was a real weak link, teams would have gotten more 1st downs on him and extended their drives..that didn't happen over him alot.

I guess for being a 1st round pick and getting to camp late as a rookie really made me biased against him, maybe its the scouting and coachs fault for drafting him so high, who knows. I havent seen him do anything that warrants him a 3rd string spot. I do understand that is hard to get any sort of recognition playing in that secondary when you have Surtain and Madison there, but Surtain managed to do it and took Tbucks job, thats the type of player I think the Dolphins thought they were getting when they drafted Fletcher.

This difference between Madison and surtain getting burnt compared to Fletcher.....Madison and Surtain are aggresive and go after the ball....Fletcher gets burnt the first or second step off the line thats the problem. When he is in he has to play 7 to 10 yards off the receiver at the line of scrimmage. Not gonna work in the NFL!!!

I don't know, Boomer.

I, for one, believe Fletcher is a solid #3 CB. The problem? He's ONLY a solid #3 CB. Fletch went to H.S. about 10 minutes from my house and his H.S. coach is my weight training teacher at college. Because of his local ties and greatness at Wisconsin, I loved the selection because I heard about him every Saturday on local newscasts since he was a Freshman.

But I've always questioned his limited long term potential. He's not very big or fast, so I always believed that if he didn't make a Dre Bly-type impact in his first few season, he'd be a bust. To me, this is his last chance. Fletcher didn't play poorly last year... he just did "alright". We expected a lot more, and who could blame us. Fletcher was constantly in position to make plays last year and didn't do so.

Originally posted by fin-atic
You have got to be kidding?

This guy makes a couple of plays in a pitch and catch practice and people are celebrating him? I am sorry thy guy has got to do a lot more before a post like this should pop up.

Fletcher is in the dog house because he makes stupid play during game time and gets beat like a drum.

Don't go buy your Fletcher jersey just yet.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU! Im glad the guy is getting better (SO FAR) but you cant depend on the past few days for a whole season. He hasnt shown ANYTHING spectacular in any season since he was the first round pick. I personally do not like Fletcher and maybe never will but if he is better and beats out Buckley (highly unlikely) then great! I am a finfan no matter who is on the team. But for people to think that Mr. Fletcher is all that now because he's picked a few INT's in MINI-CAMP is just wishful thinking.

:missmeth:

Fletcher made great strides last year but the problem was that he got involved with a few bad plays at the end of the year so everyone is forgetting the strides he made. Mostly penalties and yes that one penalty was BS.

I have no doubt that if we cut him tommorow there would be about 5 teams lined up to sign him. Holdouts, being behind 2 pro bowl CB's in Surtain, Madison raising expectations to unreasonable levels, and getting involved with a few negative plays have caused most of the perception around here. Last I checked the only guys who have killed him were Moss, Harrisson and Price. The rest of the year he was shutting his guys down.

Hey maybe we should call up Jerry Wilson :lol: He got burnt 3 times as frequently! Hell you guys loved Terry Cousin but that guy never got an interception for us and was burnt more frequently then Fletcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you guys look through aqua and orange colored glasses.
Fletcher was horrible last year. He was beat like a drum in the first Buffalo game, he was out of position constantly in other games. To say he played as well as Surtain and Madison is just Homer Speak. You guys will support anything the team does and anyone they draft.

Sometimes it is just embarrassing.

Fletcher did suck! I have seen him get burnt in slant & go situations and he'd be looking around like uh where'd the receiver go? oops! touchdown.

Fletcher looked bad last year, but I attribute it more to Jim Bates' unwillingness to move our CB's around. Opposing Offenses with a dominant reciever constantly moved that guy over Fletcher and Fletch got whipped by these superstars (Moss, Harrison, etc...)

Instead of moving Surtain or Madison over Moss-like recievers and letting them stick with him, Bates allowed opposing offenses to dictate the matchups and no #3 CB in the league is going to hang with Moss and Harrison (hell, most #1 CB's get ripped apart by theese guys)

Untill Bates fixes this issue, it doesn't matter if it's Fletcher or Buckley or Lowe or my fat arse out there, our #3 guy is going to get targeted by their #1 reciever and whomever we have there is going to get blown up like a cat in a microwave.

Back
Top Bottom