For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now

isaacjunk

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The Josh Rosen trade was good value but useless unless there is a competent O-line to accurately gauge his prowess. Isn't now the perfect time to deal from a position of strength and get a bookend RT to help solidify the line? I realize we want to tank as well, but with huge holes at d-line and FS I think we'll still be 'competitive' for the first pick unless Rosen turns in a very good season. I get that the Rosen trade sort of fell into their lap, so I can forgive the oversight to shore up OL in the offseason, they were in full tank mode. Maybe they even thought some of the no-name guys would overperform. But now is about the last chance to make the Rosen trade make any sense at all

DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills are currently our only two healthy experienced receivers. Good luck with that. (No, I don't consider Brice Butler or Allen Hurns).

We do need Olinemen, but you might feel better once you see our starting 5 play together for a bit (ideally you won't feel worse).

Last edited:
DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills are currently our only two healthy experienced receivers. Good luck with that. (No, I don't consider Brice Butler or Allen Hurns).

We do need Olineman, but you might feel better once you see our starting 5 play together for a bit (ideally you won't feel worse).

This. Lets put the trades on hold until we at least see 1 series from the starting 5.

People forget we are -3 weeks into the season.

The big investment in the OL will come next off season.

We are in a great spot to add guys in the draft and free agency with little needed in regards to skill position players.

No WRs, RBs, TEs or QBs likely to be taken in the first 4 rounds. Never say never but....

DE, OL, CB.....repeat.

The Josh Rosen trade was good value but useless unless there is a competent O-line to accurately gauge his prowess. Isn't now the perfect time to deal from a position of strength and get a bookend RT to help solidify the line? I realize we want to tank as well, but with huge holes at d-line and FS I think we'll still be 'competitive' for the first pick unless Rosen turns in a very good season. I get that the Rosen trade sort of fell into their lap, so I can forgive the oversight to shore up OL in the offseason, they were in full tank mode. Maybe they even thought some of the no-name guys would overperform. But now is about the last chance to make the Rosen trade make any sense at all
I doubt that Coach Flores wants to tank this season. This whole mindset that the goal is to tank is total and complete BS. Do you seriously believe that the GM, the coaches and the players have all bought into the mythic philosophy of trying to lose so badly that the team will get the top Draft pick?

Last edited:

We are in a great spot to add guys in the draft and free agency with little needed in regards to skill position players.

No WRs, RBs, TEs or QBs likely to be taken in the first 4 rounds. Never say never but....

DE, OL, CB.....repeat.

Very true.

I doubt that Coach Flores wants to tank this season. This whole mindset that the goal is to tank is total and complete BS. Do you seriously believe that the GM, the coaches and the players have all bought into the mythic philosophy of trying to lose so badly that the team will get the top Draft pick?

Already been stated they aren’t tanking. Doesn’t mean they won’t be bad but the intent is there to win.

You dont need a coach or even players to tank... Its the GMs call and no one has anything to say about it. If the GM decides that your QBs for the season are Rosen and Fitzpatrick, well though luck. If Grier decides that he'd rather roll capspace over to next season than try and invest in some OL talent, then though luck. If he decides to get rid of every pass rushing DEs on the team and not replace them, well it is what it is...

Call it whatever you want, the GM hasnt put the 2019 Dolphins in position to succeed and that was done intentionally, at least I hope so, cause if thats their vision of a winning team, they're just digging...

Already been stated they aren’t tanking. Doesn’t mean they won’t be bad but the intent is there to win.

Well of course they are going to say that. And they will probably say Fitzpatrick was the QB they wanted all along - even though we know they met with Bridgewater and tried to get thyroid Taylor before talking with Fitzpatrick. but the truth is there is a much more long term plan than trying to go all in to win now.

We should absolutely trade Kenny Stills. He has the most value and honestly by the time this team is ready to actually compete Stills will be old and just too expensive to add other pieces. This is how the NFL works, if a player is just average or slight above average you don't over pay to keep them around you replace them and next man up. Ideally with players on rookie contracts or cheap contracts.

I would be happy to trade a wide receiver for more draft picks. I'd be happy to trade just about anyone not named Tunsil or Howard for draft picks. I don't want to trade for a player from another team though. Give me as much ammo as possible to make a move for a franchise QB in next year's draft if need be.

DE, OL, CB.....repeat.
God help us. We're in big trouble if this team doesn't believe they need to draft a QB in the first four rounds in next year's draft.

Back
Top Bottom