For the Matt Ryan haters/Beck lovers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Matt Ryan haters/Beck lovers...

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
31. Miami Dolphins (1-15) — From his shoddy game management to his ill-fated attempts to garner his players’ respect on a personal level, Cam Cameron’s one-year stint in Miami was an unmitigated disaster. In dire need of overhauling the team’s image, Bill Parcells appointed tough guy Tony Sparano as head coach. Brilliant. His hard-nosed mentality is exactly what this franchise needs. Only the Titans and Chargers are expected to have more cap space than the Fins, meaning the new regime can make significant roster moves ASAP. As is the case in Atlanta, we’re still looking at a full year, minimum, for this team to begin to compete against the big boys.
Biggest strength: Running back. They’re surprisingly deep here. Ronnie Brown might not make it back for Week One after his ACL tear, but the word is he should be available for the majority of season.
Biggest concern: QUARTERBACK. GOOD LORD, WAS JOHN BECK AWFUL! :lol: And yet, Trent Green was sent packing. Either they see something in Beck nobody else did, they're getting ready to make a play for a quarterback on the trading block, or Matt Ryan will be a Dolphin in '08. Regardless, it's the biggest concern on a team rife with them.
Breakout player: RB Lorenzo Booker. Especially if Brown’s out awhile.​

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2008/sohn021308.htm

Nolan Nawrocki isn't a Miami fan and thought Beck was a late round back up type, so I don't buy what he says. I take much more stock in the opinion of people who know that you can't judge ANY QB on 3 and a half games. I take more value in what Ron Wolf said and in some of the leaks coming out about how Beck is valued by Jeff Ireland and how clearly they tried building an offense around him by signing Pete Carmichael to be the OC.

I also take some stock in my own opinon that having seen John a number of times in BYU, that he will be a good QB for us.

Nolan Nawrocki isn't a Miami fan and thought Beck was a late round back up type, so I don't buy what he says. I take much more stock in the opinion of people who know that you can't judge ANY QB on 3 and a half games. I take more value in what Ron Wolf said and in some of the leaks coming out about how Beck is valued by Jeff Ireland and how clearly they tried building an offense around him by signing Pete Carmichael to be the OC.

I also take some stock in my own opinon that having seen John a number of times in BYU, that he will be a good QB for us.

First of all, it was 4 and a half games...then, that should be "exactly" the guys that we should go by...the NON fan. Because only they can judge objectively. A fan is going to get 'fanaticism' and feelings get in the way of his judgement, so I disagree.

First of all, it was 4 and a half games...

It was Philly, Pitt and the Jets. Then half a quarter against Buffalo and 2 quarters against Cincy.

that should be "exactly" the guys that we should go by...the NON fan. Because only they can judge objectively. A fan is going to get 'fanaticism' and feelings get in the way of his judgement, so I disagree.
So you TRULY think that 4 games is enough to grade a QB? How long does the next one get? A quarter and a half? No-one can judge objectively in 3 and a half games. No-one.

Well I'm sold then. Thanks Mr.ED and writer person! I'm convinced we should go after Ryan, SCREW BECK!

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

We have not seen enough of John Beck to make a decision. Not even close. Three games in not enough time even within a perfect environment. Take into account the fact that he was constantly under pressure and it becomes pretty obvious that it is too early.

The reality is that many of the best quarterbacks in the league would have looked bad in the same situation.

First of all, it was 4 and a half games...then, that should be "exactly" the guys that we should go by...the NON fan. Because only they can judge objectively. A fan is going to get 'fanaticism' and feelings get in the way of his judgement, so I disagree.

And your judgment isn't clouded ??

Sorry, 4 1/2 or 3 1/2 games just aren't enough, accounting for the deplorable situation our offense was in when he came in...

The same can be said for Brady Quinn....the little action he saw just wasn't enough to deem him bad or good.

I just love the sentiment here that after last year, as horrible as we were, that anyone could determine that Beck is or is not capable.

What about the objective guys who said John Beck would be a good NFL starter?

I actually put more stock in the John Beck I saw in that final game versus the one that was thrown into a horrible situation in that first stint.

He showed me alot on those two TD drives, more than enough to think he should be in the mix to start for this team.

But, I'm also of the belief that we should take another stab at a QB somewhere in this draft.

I always admired the way Ron Wolf kept developing quarterbacks in Green Bay which gave him ammunition to acquire extra draft picks and kept his QB position deep.

I actually put more stock in the John Beck I saw in that final game versus the one that was thrown into a horrible situation in that first stint.

He showed me alot on those two TD drives, more than enough to think he should be in the mix to start for this team.

But, I'm also of the belief that we should take another stab at a QB somewhere in this draft.

I always admired the way Ron Wolf kept developing quarterbacks in Green Bay which gave him ammunition to acquire extra draft picks and kept his QB position deep.

I agree about his last game vs. Cincy. After the fumble he had, he was able to bounce back and make some plays, leaving a lasting impression on me.

I don't understand how some people think they can make a snap judgement after 3 1/2 games, if they're really that good, they should quit their day job and send a resume to NFL teams to become scouts or GMs. Just make sure you put on your resume that it only took you 3 1/2 games to make an accurate analysis on John Beck. I'm sure they will be impressed. :rolleyes:

I would think that a season of watching him carry himself at practice and how he dealt with the players around him would be more of a factor than some scant playing time.

When he played at Philly and Pitt I thought he was solid but unspectacular. Our running game was struggling, and the games stayed close throughout.

No positive thoughts about the next game, though.

All that to say that:
a) I don't think a final judgment can be made from what I have seen (not privy to practice, etc)
b) it is in the team's best interest to play down Beck and play up Ryan if they want to trade out of the #1 spot...

Should i go tell Peyton Manning he should have been cut after his first 3 games or do you want to?

Wow I should consult Mr Ed the next time I form an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom