For the Matt Ryan haters/Beck lovers... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Matt Ryan haters/Beck lovers...

parcells better make the correct decision on a qb or his stay in miami will be short lived and ugly unless he can swing a trade next year. not many people thought very much of john beck other than ron jaworski and merril hodge the two biggest idiots in bristol

So let's do the wait and see thing again, huh?!?!??! Well, since it's worked out so well for us in the past right??? Look, Beck might be good or he may never develop into more than a clip board holder. His supporters are right, there isn't enough film to know for sure. However, you have to admit that what we did see was pretty alarming. He has a lot of flaws that can not be blamed on the lack of surrounding talant (footwork, ball security, delivery to name a few). Now the hypocricy of people saying Beck will be good and Ryan won't is just disgusting. How can you evaluate one and shun others for doing the same and bursting your bubble??? It's so sad it's laughable!!

Any NFL personnel man will tell you If there is a franchise QB on the board, you take him, period, end of story. The only exception is for those who undoubtedly have one and are not rebuilding.

The point is that none of the QB's on the board are "franchise QB's". And 22 teams passed on a "franchise QB" last year which sort of blows smoke over that argument.

The only way I can see us not drafting Matt Ryan is if we fail to get a LB in free agency. If we land a good OLB in free agency I think its guaranteed we get Ryan barring a trade down which is our first option. Chris Long can play DE in a 3-4 but he'll never rise above being good. He simply doesnt have the initial quick burst needed to be a great 3-4 DE. And you dont pay a good DE 65 million. Bottom line once free agency plays out we'll see what's left over for us to fill. The one thing guaranteed is that we wont get a very good QB and the only way to fill that is either draft one or hope to god Beck develops. I dont think Parcells leaves things to chance and with Ryan being almost a mirror image of a young Bledsoe I dont see him passing him up

The only way I can see us not drafting Matt Ryan is if we fail to get a LB in free agency. If we land a good OLB in free agency I think its guaranteed we get Ryan barring a trade down which is our first option. Chris Long can play DE in a 3-4 but he'll never rise above being good. He simply doesnt have the initial quick burst needed to be a great 3-4 DE. And you dont pay a good DE 65 million. Bottom line once free agency plays out we'll see what's left over for us to fill. The one thing guaranteed is that we wont get a very good QB and the only way to fill that is either draft one or hope to god Beck develops. I dont think Parcells leaves things to chance and with Ryan being almost a mirror image of a young Bledsoe I dont see him passing him up

What are you going to do when the Fins dont draft Ryan? Possibly follow him to another team? That would be great.

BP is not going to gamble away $35million on so-so QB in a weak QB draft. You're Nuts! Im actually shocked you would want him to do this based on the needs of this team. I think you have been hyping Ryan for so long its clouded any logical reasoning that you had.

Why do you think the Fins want to trade out of the first pick? That should tell you right there they arent in love with Ryan, because if they were they would just use the pick on him.

So let's do the wait and see thing again, huh?!?!??! Well, since it's worked out so well for us in the past right??? Look, Beck might be good or he may never develop into more than a clip board holder. His supporters are right, there isn't enough film to know for sure. However, you have to admit that what we did see was pretty alarming. He has a lot of flaws that can not be blamed on the lack of surrounding talant (footwork, ball security, delivery to name a few). Now the hypocricy of people saying Beck will be good and Ryan won't is just disgusting. How can you evaluate one and shun others for doing the same and bursting your bubble??? It's so sad it's laughable!!

Any NFL personnel man will tell you If there is a franchise QB on the board, you take him, period, end of story. The only exception is for those who undoubtedly have one and are not rebuilding.

You' re kidding right! A rookie QB on probably the worst team of all time, he didnt show much and your shocked. Give us a freaking break.
Id love to know when Ryan became a cant miss franchise QB. Was it his bowl game when he lost it on a couple of stupid INT's.

The point is that none of the QB's on the board are "franchise QB's". And 22 teams passed on a "franchise QB" last year which sort of blows smoke over that argument.

I guess its all about opinions. I think Brohm and Ryan are franchise type Qb's.
I think Ryan's measurables will make himlooked at as a franchise Qb much like Ronnie Brown's made him a top pick .

You' re kidding right! A rookie QB on probably the worst team of all time, he didnt show much and your shocked. Give us a freaking break.
Id love to know when Ryan became a cant miss franchise QB. Was it his bowl game when he lost it on a couple of stupid INT's.

:lol::lol: Earth to JSBaugh. He won his bowl game. Classic:lol::lol:

What are you going to do when the Fins dont draft Ryan? Possibly follow him to another team? That would be great.

BP is not going to gamble away $35million on so-so QB in a weak QB draft. You're Nuts! Im actually shocked you would want him to do this based on the needs of this team. I think you have been hyping Ryan for so long its clouded any logical reasoning that you had.

Why do you think the Fins want to trade out of the first pick? That should tell you right there they arent in love with Ryan, because if they were they would just use the pick on him.

OK smart guy. If we get a LB in free agency who do we draft if we cant trade down

Boomer is owning this thread. :lol:

As for Matt Ryan, I don't get the hype. Why do so many fans fall in love with these media darlings with good size and big arms?

Just because a quarterback is big and throws the ball far doesn't mean he will be good. When will people figure that out?

As for Matt Ryan, I don't get the hype. Why do so many fans fall in love with these media darlings with good size and big arms?

Just because a quarterback is big and throws the ball far doesn't mean he will be good. When will people figure that out?
never, people fall in love with the physical prototypes even if they really didn't have that good of a college career and ignore maybe the less prototypical QB who played much better.

the reason that brady quinn fell to 22 was because of team needs, jerry jones admitted during nfl network's pregame show that the cowboy's strongly considered drafting quinn but passed cuz of romo. most teams that picked after us went defense

Ahh you guys have forgotten what its like to have a franchise QB. That's what years of watching Fiedler, Lucas, Feeley, Brian Griese, Harrington, Culpepper, Green, Lemon and Beck(2007 version) will do. You have lowered your expectations, a common Dolfan disease. I myself have suffered from this but have no fear the cure is here and its name is Matty Ice. Hopefully Beck can hold the reigns until Ryan is ready and then we'll have a Cleveland Browns situation

P.S. I broke down and cried when I had to write that list of QBs

Alot of scouts think he will be good, I think he is far from a media darling. Teams did not really take Beck that seriously until they saw he had better arms strength than initially thought.

Back
Top Bottom