For those of you who want Frerrote back... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you who want Frerrote back...

Sounds good to me, especially with the progress that we've made this year. Trade for an established QB off Atlanta, Jax or Tennessee etc. and draft a guy that will immediately help us.

Jaj said:
Don't you get it? You think automatically every young QB plugged in will learn with his growing pains? :lol:

Some of them get scarred for their whole NFL careers. It's simply not smart to that to rookie QBs... :shakeno:

I agree 100%. Look at Harrington and Carr, these guys have been behind abysmal O lines their entire career. These guys have taken a ridiculous amount of abuse. Had they sat behind a veteran for a year or two while the O line was strengthened, their chance to succeed would have been much better. Now you have two physically and mentally abused QBs that might never see their full potential.

:astro:Carr :egads:Harrington

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well IMO bringing back Gus Frerrote as the backup in '06 would be a great idea. Because that is what he is, a backup QB in the NFL. But if he were our starter, it would be a repeat of this season.

QB Rating: 70.3 (28th among NFL starters, below the likes of Bollinger & Farve)
Yards: 2757 (17th among NFL starters)
TDs: 17 (12th among NFL starters but Chambers is helpin that out)
Comp %: The worst part of all 51.2% (This is last among all starters, and 59th overall)

The worst part of all is he had a chance to beat Atlanta and New England and didn't step up.

He also lost the 2ns Buffalo game only to have Rosenfels save his butt.

FRERROTE IS A BACKUP, NOT TO BE OUR STARTER IN '06!!!

Hate to say this, but are you just figuring this out now ?? This was a fact when he was signed last year. He is a career backup and proved that again this season...no mystery there...
He won't be back next year. I think, and I could be wrong, his salary jumps up next year...don't quote me on that tho...however, Saban won't want the same situation with whoever he brings in to replace him as he had with AJ, so my guess is that he won't be back.

I have 1 question.
Has any team ever won a Super Bowl with the 30th rated QB?
And its crap when people say there is nobody better. There are at least 15 backups that can do that. Even a 3rd string QB that nobody ever heard of like Brooks Bollinger is better than Frerotte.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well IMO bringing back Gus Frerrote as the backup in '06 would be a great idea. Because that is what he is, a backup QB in the NFL. But if he were our starter, it would be a repeat of this season.

QB Rating: 70.3 (28th among NFL starters, below the likes of Bollinger & Farve)
Yards: 2757 (17th among NFL starters)
TDs: 17 (12th among NFL starters but Chambers is helpin that out)
Comp %: The worst part of all 51.2% (This is last among all starters, and 59th overall)

The worst part of all is he had a chance to beat Atlanta and New England and didn't step up.

He also lost the 2ns Buffalo game only to have Rosenfels save his butt.

FRERROTE IS A BACKUP, NOT TO BE OUR STARTER IN '06!!!

No joke Sherlock!

Problem is that we have a team that hasn't drafted a QB in years. We have no prospects waiting in the wings like well run teams do. This IS NOT a problem you can just rub a genie lamp and poof, you've got a QB.

Gus will be back next year and chances are that he'll still be the starter. Not because the Phins staff thinks he's a good starter but because Gus may still be their best option at the position.

If we draft a young QB he'll have to sit preferably.
I'd take a seasoned QB in Gus over any rookie QB.
It takes time for them to adjust.

Bringing in a veteran like Carr, Harrington, Schaub or any other QB with some experience could change the situation but all of those bring questions as well so who's to say any of those would actually beat Frerrote out.

tylerdolphin said:
I have 1 question.
And its crap when people say there is nobody better. There are at least 15 backups that can do that. Even a 3rd string QB that nobody ever heard of like Brooks Bollinger is better than Frerotte.

The Ravens won with Trent Dilfer. I don't know his exact stats, but he never did anything before or after that season. I could see that happening with Gus if Saban puts a strong enough team around him.

Trust me...Trent Dilfer wasnt the 30th rated passer. He was consistent. Not great, but consistent.

tylerdolphin said:
I have 1 question.

I don't know about the rankings but Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Joe Namath all won Super Bowls.

Let's not forget David Woodley and Don Strock took us to a Super Bowl.

It can be done if the pieces around them are good enough to overcome shortcomings.

On another note saying that many 3rd string QBs are better than Gus is completely absurd.

This is real life kiddies.
Things take time in the real world and the mess the Phins made with the QB position under Wanny will not be solved overnight.

I didnt say that many 3rd stringers were better. I did say that many second stringers were better, along with one 3rd stringer.

finfan54 said:
Why do you assume that if Frerrot is here we wont get a QB? why do you assume that if Frerrote starts that a QB is not grooming in the wings? I dont understand your logic? It does not fit reality. And Gus does not suck, he is average and is cool under fire. Stop being such a whiny *******.

Whats up with the name calling? Thats a little nasty man, uncalled for.
Gus sucks more than a 2 dollar crackwhore. He was a backup for like 10 years before we got him here, for good reason. You dont play career backups for more than a year. OK, he held down the fort a little bit, we won some games despite his poor accuracy, but next year the goal shouldnt be 8 or 9 wins and a decent draft pick. We arent going to win a playoff game with Gus playing. You want another 8-9 win season, hey Gus is your man.
Im not going to believe that we are going to bring in serious Qb talent until we actually do it. Saban didnt do it his first year, Wanny didnt do it, JJ didnt do it, we havent done it since Marino left. Something tells me its going to be Cleo, Frerotte and a 5th-7th rounder and thats just not going to cut it.

Back
Top Bottom