For those of you who want Frerrote back... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you who want Frerrote back...

finfan54 said:
So go tell Saban he is an idiot then for Starting Gus every time he was able to. I trust Saban, not idiot fans who want to boast about someone with respect around the league so you can thump your chest.

THUMP THUMP THUMP. Rochester must be getting to you. And for the record I would tell Saban what I think about him starting Gus (as you affectionately call him. Do you know him personally?) but I don't think Nick would listen.

dlockz said:
well that glue got knocked out of two games that we seemed to play better without him. people said the same about jay fielder and we all where that got us.

That glue is hitting Chambers for TD's. That glue is hitting booker on the fly of broken plays. That glue is standing in the pocket and stepping up and making plays when needed. Gus is not PB material, but it is obvious to me that fans are just big name whores ready to spread there legs for Daunte or some other 32 year old Qb who is beat up. We are going to look for our future in a rooke Qb whether you like it or not, and if Frerrote is starting at seasons begginning, then blame Saban. Dont blame me, what we are doing is smart, not unrealistic.

GrnMtnMan said:
THUMP THUMP THUMP. Rochester must be getting to you. And for the record I would tell Saban what I think about him starting Gus (as you affectionately call him. Do you know him personally?) but I don't think Nick would listen.

I know his MO. I watch the little things. Not the overreaction to stats and things like that. I am pretty sure Saban has a clue in how to build a team. Im pretty sure you are just a fan who has little clue in how to build a team. It is alot of whats on the inside psychologically, not just results or stats and what fans think. Its how you develope as a team, not with some big name QB. Tom Brady is a great Qb cus he developed within the system and made it better. Simply getting a Peyton manning would not solve your problems, it would then require that you build around that system with his talents. That takes 11 guys. Now that CC has finally showed up and saved all teh Gus haters from having to defend his dropsies, now you can resume with your gus hating. Thats all it is and it will continue right through the offseason. Unless of course, we can land a vinc young or cutler, then maybe we could shut half of you nilly willy naybobs up.

Just because he's starting next season doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't like it this season. As for lumping me in with all of the other members who want a big name free agent or someone coming off injury; it's not me. I would prefer to trade for Garrard, Schaub or Volek early in the offseason and give them time with the playbook. I would prefer someone else to eat the developmental time and plug that guy in here and let him play.

finfan54 said:
That glue is hitting Chambers for TD's. That glue is hitting booker on the fly of broken plays. That glue is standing in the pocket and stepping up and making plays when needed. Gus is not PB material, but it is obvious to me that fans are just big name whores ready to spread there legs for Daunte or some other 32 year old Qb who is beat up. We are going to look for our future in a rooke Qb whether you like it or not, and if Frerrote is starting at seasons begginning, then blame Saban. Dont blame me, what we are doing is smart, not unrealistic.

I saw Sage do many of the same things and I am not calling for him to be the QB next year either. I want positions that need upgrading like Qb which should not be that hard to be upgraded. You cannot tell me that Gus cannot be upgraded fairly easily. I like Saban but don't tell me that he knows what 31 other coaches don't know and that is Gus should be a starter in this league. Gus has been on the pine for the last 5 years for a reason and nobody was bidding with us for his services. Qb's that barely complete 50% of thier passes are not good qb's no matter how one wants to flavor it. We are winning with Gus at QB much like we did when we had Fielder and we were winning. I'm not sure what we are doing I am sure that Saban did not intend for Frerotte to start this year evidenced by what frerotte got paid and that he seems to be a smart man so to say what we are doing is smart is incorrect what we are doing is basically out of no other choice and believe me Saban knows we are deficient at QB and will look to upgrade.

finfan54 said:
I know his MO. I watch the little things. Not the overreaction to stats and things like that. I am pretty sure Saban has a clue in how to build a team. Im pretty sure you are just a fan who has little clue in how to build a team. It is alot of whats on the inside psychologically, not just results or stats and what fans think. Its how you develope as a team, not with some big name QB. Tom Brady is a great Qb cus he developed within the system and made it better. Simply getting a Peyton manning would not solve your problems, it would then require that you build around that system with his talents. That takes 11 guys. Now that CC has finally showed up and saved all teh Gus haters from having to defend his dropsies, now you can resume with your gus hating. Thats all it is and it will continue right through the offseason. Unless of course, we can land a vinc young or cutler, then maybe we could shut half of you nilly willy naybobs up.

Wow have you got a stiffie for Frerotte. I've also never said that Chambers was a #1, he's our #1 but not a number 1 overall. He's always had the talent, sure, but just until recently he hasn't shown it consistently. Now if this carries over into next season I'll be pleased and admit that he has turned a corner, until then he's just CC our #1.

GrnMtnMan said:
Just because he's starting next season doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't like it this season. As for lumping me in with all of the other members who want a big name free agent or someone coming off injury; it's not me. I would prefer to trade for Garrard, Schaub or Volek early in the offseason and give them time with the playbook. I would prefer someone else to eat the developmental time and plug that guy in here and let him play.

And what in gods name makes you think that those QB's wont have there problems as well coming into a new system? You think they would just be immediate starters for this team? You are assuming way too much. In fact, the one game that Schaub started this year, he was terrible. volek, I mean, didnt he just get beat by the fins? gerrard is a permanent fixture? How can you be so sure?

finfan54 said:

Now, now, now......not all whores spread their legs.....come on, clean it up, an orifice is an orifice is an orifice, the rates are just different!:D

Stay on topic.......I do find it interesting that CC has had his most productive season with Gus & Sage tossing the pigskin around. Its all relative. Improvements will be made, but anyone who joins this team, and plays within the system will contribute to the teams success.

Let Saban call the shots with Mueller and Co. and we will continue to improve.

finfan54 said:
And what in gods name makes you think that those QB's wont have there problems as well coming into a new system? You think they would just be immediate starters for this team? You are assuming way too much. In fact, the one game that Schaub started this year, he was terrible. volek, I mean, didnt he just get beat by the fins? gerrard is a permanent fixture? How can you be so sure?

You can't. So why should we draft a QB then? My point is the developmental time is gone and these guys have shown glimpses of being very good. A system is just that a system and these guys will learn it. I know that they have the talent because I've seen it. A drafted rookie? Will he succeed? Prove it I say. I'd rather upgrade at other positions besides QB through the draft and trade for a guy that is a known quantity.

GrnMtnMan said:
Wow have you got a stiffie for Frerotte. I've also never said that Chambers was a #1, he's our #1 but not a number 1 overall. He's always had the talent, sure, but just until recently he hasn't shown it consistently. Now if this carries over into next season I'll be pleased and admit that he has turned a corner, until then he's just CC our #1.

I dont have a stiffie for Frerrote, I do have one for vince young. I also have common sense. I also realize that Gus is not a statistical wonder. I also realize facts from the seasons start that everyone else forgets. i do not forget. I understand the get rid of gus agenda. It just does not make sense to make lateral moves so people can spout a big name (or just another name)to the rest of society when that name would also have to adjust. Daunte would make perfect sense, but that does not seem to be happening now does it? That is what is really bothering people, they want something they cannot get.

GrnMtnMan said:
You can't. So why should we draft a QB then? My point is the developmental time is gone and these guys have shown glimpses of being very good. A system is just that a system and these guys will learn it. I know that they have the talent because I've seen it. A drafted rookie? Will he succeed? Prove it I say. I'd rather upgrade at other positions besides QB through the draft and trade for a guy that is a known quantity.

What the real problem is is that you have no patience. If you can land a Vince Young, they would seriously consider starting him but probably wait until gus gets hurt or Young shows the real deal early. The real deal that we should be gunning for is getting our future franchise QB. That guy might be Cleo lemon! Far cry, but who the hell thought Tom Brady was king? no one. Gus will be gone in another year so just keep your panties straight and dont let Gus get them in a wad, its not that big a deal, and you should want gus to start next year if you want to win unless the rookie is good enough to start.

but saban is about builing a long term champion, not about building a one year wonder.

finfan54 said:
What the real problem is is that you have no patience. If you can land a Vince Young, they would seriously consider starting him but probably wait until gus gets hurt or Young shows the real deal early. The real deal that we should be gunning for is getting our future franchise QB. That guy might be Cleo lemon! Far cry, but who the hell thought Tom Brady was king? no one. Gus will be gone in another year so just keep your panties straight and dont let Gus get them in a wad, its not that big a deal, and you should want gus to start next year if you want to win unless the rookie is good enough to start.

but saban is about builing a long term champion, not about building a one year wonder.

Every year everyone gets older. Two years from now how will our d be looking? Windows are short in this league and stuffing Gus back there for another year will just allow to miss the play-offs again, but who cares right? We're in this for the long term with a short term answer at QB. I'd rather experience the growing pains with a young QB now, not two years from now.

GrnMtnMan said:
Every year everyone gets older. Two years from now how will our d be looking? Windows are short in this league and stuffing Gus back there for another year will just allow to miss the play-offs again, but who cares right? We're in this for the long term with a short term answer at QB. I'd rather experience the growing pains with a young QB now, not two years from now.

Don't you get it? You think automatically every young QB plugged in will learn with his growing pains? :lol:

Some of them get scarred for their whole NFL careers. It's simply not smart to that to rookie QBs... :shakeno:

Jaj said:
Don't you get it? You think automatically every young QB plugged in will learn with his growing pains? :lol:

Some of them get scarred for their whole NFL careers. It's simply not smart to that to rookie QBs... :shakeno:

Exactly my point. We draft him, he sits for a year, starts for a year with, hopefully, average success and then his third year turns a corner into the franchise QB we all hoped he'd be. Get it? Two years............we don't need to spend if we pick up a guy that is up to NFL speed already.

GrnMtnMan said:
Exactly my point. We draft him, he sits for a year, starts for a year with, hopefully, average success and then his third year turns a corner into the franchise QB we all hoped he'd be. Get it? Two years............

Well ok that's fine and all if it's the right QB. I don't want a QB who's beeen certainly overrated being taken at our pick just for the sake of being a QB, over say a Laron Landry or who knows who else may slip to our pick. The real hot spot for this draft is the 10-20 in my opinion and we can get a Pro Bowl player this year in that spot. :cool:

Or if we see someone slipping like Bing, to the late 1st trade down, acquire more picks and still get a future SS with depth now that Bell won't have to start. :)

Back
Top Bottom