For those that bought jerseys off ebay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those that bought jerseys off ebay

23Dolphins34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've noticed a few folks around here have bought "authenic" Dolphin jerseys off of ebay. I know there not the real deal, but when you got them did they look cheap or look authenic. Hey, if you can get an authenic looking jersey for 1/5 off the cost, why not.

Huh? I don't get it. :confused:

Wow, that was strange...I couldn't read your whole post...then it magically appeared.

I don't know what happened. Typed my message, even previewed it. Went back a few minutes late and to check response and seen "sweet", "I've n?" and a smilie. Then looked at my post and noticed all that was in the block was "I've n". WTF happened, I don't know. Anyway, I just edit the original.

I got a few looks sweet and feels authentic to me, compared to a real one same material.

you know, I don't think that the girl in your avatar made the squad. If she didn't, then it's a darn shame, and she can cheer for me anyday.

23Dolphins34 said:
I don't know what happened. Typed my message, even previewed it. Went back a few minutes late and to check response and seen "sweet", "I've n?" and a smilie. Then looked at my post and noticed all that was in the block was "I've n". WTF happened, I don't know. Anyway, I just edit the original.
I have not bought one of them, but from reading other posts from people who have bought them and looking at the pictures of them it seems like they are the same as the authentics except for the name on the back (different lettering) and the 40th anniversary patch has the clock hands on them. Again, I do not have one, just going by what others have said.

23Dolphins34 said:
I've noticed a few folks around here have bought "authenic" Dolphin jerseys off of ebay. I know there not the real deal, but when you got them did they look cheap or look authenic. Hey, if you can get an authenic looking jersey for 1/5 off the cost, why not.

I have 1. It looks fine. You would have to be some kind of Jersey expert to know if it's real or not.

Pinrod33 said:
you know, I don't think that the girl in your avatar made the squad. If she didn't, then it's a darn shame, and she can cheer for me anyday.

Not to get off topic, but watching the NFL network special on the Dolphin cheerleader last year, she did make the squad, but don't know what happened with her.

Thanks for the input on the jersey, I'm thinking about getting one, maybe a Culpepper, even though it has a fake 40th anniversary patch.

I have purchased a Clayton Jersey, not necessarily authentic, but supposedly with sewn on patches. It arrived today so i am anxious to see what it looks like when i get home. Ifs its any good, I will post a pic..or at least try to.

The NFL is a money marketing machine anyway, so if you found something that looks like the real deal, and it doesn't bother you that it didn't come from the nfl shop, don't even worry about it. Enjoy it, and just know when you get to the games and see all the authentic jerseys, you paid 1/5 the price and got practically the same thing. I wouldn't think too many people sell used ones, so who cares if theirs is more valuable then yours. Think about it

I have purchased a couple as well. My advice to you would be to check out the stripes around the collar and sleeves. Also look at the numbers for boarders. From my experience, I did recieve a dud that I would have detected if I had known what to look for.

Back
Top Bottom