For those that say Travis Etienne is all finesse. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those that say Travis Etienne is all finesse.

He has improved his physicality but he is not the physical runner Williams is.

Some of that "contact" was likely just a hand on him that he brushed off as opposed to running through guys like Williams does.

Etienne is the best RB in this class but I would not be surprised if Harris went ahead of him.

He has improved his physicality but he is not the physical runner Williams is.

Some of that "contact" was likely just a hand on him that he brushed off as opposed to running through guys like Williams does.

Etienne is the best RB in this class but I would not be surprised if Harris went ahead of him.
I’ve stated on here before I’m a huge Clemson fan. I’ve watched every game of of his career and yes I’m sure some of that is due to a hand brushing him but wouldn’t that count the same for every other tailback? Also I can assure you that’s it’s not just from a hand brushing him. I’m not saying he bulldozes guys as much as JW but he’s had more than his share of running through LBs and Safety’s. I posted this bc a lot of people on here think he is nothing but speed and finesse and that couldn’t be farther from the truth. His legs are huge and he runs with enormous burst. He’s much more powerful than people think.

ETN is the best back in this class in my opinion and I’ve said so many times. I would be highly surprised if JW went ahead of him and that’s no knock on JW bc I’d be thrilled to get him if we couldn’t get ETN or Harris but JW is not near as compete a back as ETN is. ETN is a tremendous receiver out of the backfield and he had right at 50 catches this year alone. JW is for sure more powerful but he is not near the receiver ETN is. Also Jw lacks the top end and long speed that ETN has. They’re really 2 different types of backs and I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Like I said I really posted this to show that ETN can and will run through contact. Remember this is a career stat. He’s literally started every game since about game 5/6 of his freshman year and he was a true senior this year. So ETN played right at 4 full years of being THE guy at Clemson so he played in over 50 games and still has the highest average at 4.5 after contact. Not to knock JW but he was sharing the carries with another NFL back in Michael Carter who’s good in his own right. So they were taking turns wearing down opposing defenses while ETN was basically a 1 man show. Yes Lyn-J Dixon’s numbers were pretty good while with ETN at Clemson but a lot of that was in garbage time after we’d get up by 3/4 TDs and Lyn-J Dixon is no NFL back. I’m sure he’ll get a look bc he should have a good year coming up since he’s waited his turn and he’ll now be a senior but he’s not going to be a 1/2/3 round draft pick like Michael Carter is.

If you watched Harris and Etienne both against Ohio State's defense in the playoffs there was a noticable difference in the ability to break tackles, power for extra yards and get yards in the passing game. Harris was far better.
Etienne was a great college player but running against the sorry ACC defenses made him look alot better than most believe he is.

If you watched Harris and Etienne both against Ohio State's defense in the playoffs there was a noticable difference in the ability to break tackles, power for extra yards and get yards in the passing game. Harris was far better.
Etienne was a great college player but running against the sorry ACC defenses made him look alot better than most believe he is.
So one game is what we’re basing things off now? If that was the case people wouldn’t think highly of Tua after what Clemson did to him in the title game 2 years ago. We didn’t even run the ball against Ohio St really bc we got behind so quick and on top of that we had replaced 4 starters on the OL from the year before. The OL was Clemsons biggest weakness this year so ETNs rushing took a hit but that wasn’t bc of him.

Man the ACC produces the 2nd most NFL players behind the SEC. Didn’t 2 ACC teams make the playoffs this year bc ND was a member for 1 year. Yeah both ACC teams lost but they still got there. I’m so tired of the weak ACC argument. If it was so weak how come Clemson been able to win 2 titles both of which was against mighty Alabama? Travis Etienne is the ACCs all time leading rusher. Do you realize how many great tailbacks have come out of the ACC? Don’t discredit all of his accomplishments due to “the ACC is weak”. His numbers are phenomenal. We’ve played Alabama and Ohio St multiple times in his career. That’s such a lazy argument if you’re basing your opinion off of 1 game.

So one game is what we’re basing things off now? If that was the case people wouldn’t think highly of Tua after what Clemson did to him in the title game 2 years ago. We didn’t even run the ball against Ohio St really bc we got behind so quick and on top of that we had replaced 4 starters on the OL from the year before. The OL was Clemsons biggest weakness this year so ETNs rushing took a hit but that wasn’t bc of him.

Man the ACC produces the 2nd most NFL players behind the SEC. Didn’t 2 ACC teams make the playoffs this year bc ND was a member for 1 year. Yeah both ACC teams lost but they still got there. I’m so tired of the weak ACC argument. If it was so weak how come Clemson been able to win 2 titles both of which was against mighty Alabama? Travis Etienne is the ACCs all time leading rusher. Do you realize how many great tailbacks have come out of the ACC? Don’t discredit all of his accomplishments due to “the ACC is weak”. His numbers are phenomenal. We’ve played Alabama and Ohio St multiple times in his career. That’s such a lazy argument if you’re basing your opinion off of 1 game.
Yeah it is a tired argument. There are more ACC NFL QB’s than SEC QB’s. Hell we are looking to trade one (Tua) to get one (Watson)) and one game is not a career.

Breaking records = typically a good thing. His combination of burst and tackle-breaking is rare, and he developed into a quality receiving option.

To be an high-quality runner in the NFL, you have to be quick and fast enough to create angles where defenders are forced to arm tackle, and you have to be strong and balanced enough to run through those arm tackles without losing too much momentum. To me, Etienne is the back who can make D's pay for light boxes. He's the one who will make DC's say, "Oh ****," when he hits the 2nd level.

Are you sure?

In his last two games vs OSU, Etienne posted 7 catches for 162 yards - 23 yards per catch.

Not a fan. We need to draft a real running back, a physical beast, true running back of size that screams running back. Not a gadget speedster. Chris Grier needs to builds the running game right, instead of getting gadgets in round one and acorns on day 3.

In the past i have always felt that taking a RB in R 1-2 was a bad idea and i would wait until R 3 for that position.

I still want no part in a 1st Round RB but I think if oyu want one of the Top 3 you will have yo use a 2nd rounder, probably #36.

And there looks to be a pretty good drop off after the Top 3.

I like Etienne. I was hoping he declared last draft.

If MIA ends up with him this draft (2nd round), I’ll be fine with it.

But in no way do I buy into the notion that he’s the best RB in this draft.

Not that it proves anything, but I believe the consensus among pundits has Eitenne 2nd or 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom