For those that say Travis Etienne is all finesse. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those that say Travis Etienne is all finesse.

I love him.

I cant tell you how many time in the NFL I have seen a RB go down when he shouldnt have.**** on Miami alone I saw it multiple times this year alone.

Go ahead and underrate him if you want but he is 1a/1b in this class and better than any RB from last years draft imo.

1613645105826.png
This is a screen shot I took from a mock draft I was looking at that was just done last night. I’m posting it for the quote on comparing ETN/Harris but please notice the quote above about Micah Parsons. That’s very disappointing if that’s anywhere close to true about Parsons.

I like Etienne. I'd be fine with any of the top three guys, but my gut says the Dolphins will prefer Harris. My feeling is they value the power of Harris more than the explosiveness of Etienne. I'm not sure I agree with the team, but that's my sense of their leanings.

How many times (over literally decades) have the Dolphins needed 2 yards and gotten -2?

We need a back that can get the tough yards when they know you know they know you're gonna run it and still do.

View attachment 66180
This is a screen shot I took from a mock draft I was looking at that was just done last night. I’m posting it for the quote on comparing ETN/Harris but please notice the quote above about Micah Parsons. That’s very disappointing if that’s anywhere close to true about Parsons.
A college kid making "some questionable decisions." sounds like the norm to me. I would need to did and find more details. I would guess if they were major issues or criminal type issues we would have heard about them before.

A college kid making "some questionable decisions." sounds like the norm to me. I would need to did and find more details. I would guess if they were major issues or criminal type issues we would have heard about them before.
I wasn’t really pointing to that not entirely anyway. I was pointing to the fact the guy said he took him off the board completely. Like wow... completely? I thought the same thing you did if it was anything criminal we’d know but they’re worse things than something criminal. I mean that’s just very harsh to take a guy off a board where 250+ players are picked. Theirs obviously much more to this story than what was let out publicly. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up draft night bc somebody in round 1 will pull the trigger on him. If he isn’t selected in round 1 then it’s much much worse than what Penn St and others have let on.

I wasn’t really pointing to that not entirely anyway. I was pointing to the fact the guy said he took him off the board completely. Like wow... completely? I thought the same thing you did if it was anything criminal we’d know but they’re worse things than something criminal. I mean that’s just very harsh to take a guy off a board where 250+ players are picked. Theirs obviously much more to this story than what was let out publicly. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up draft night bc somebody in round 1 will pull the trigger on him. If he isn’t selected in round 1 then it’s much much worse than what Penn St and others have let on.
Yeah we hear people throwing that phrase around every year. Last year I remember saying they would take Herbert off their board because they didn't think he was liked by his Oregon teammates and he didn't have a lot snaps under center in college. I remember thinking about saying if Herbert happened to be on the boad in the 7th round and they would pass on him that's all I need to know to gauge how crazy some people get during draft season. If Parsons is on the board in round two any team would be crazy to pass on him. If he's on the board at 18 Miami's crazy to pass on him.

Last edited:
Keep in mind Etienne had 686 carries in college plus 102 catches too. He's not a small back but he's not that big either so you have to wonder how long can he last in the NFL. I like Etienne but I like Harris and Williams better.

Williams only had 366 carries in college which means he could last longer in the NFL

Keep in mind Etienne had 686 carries in college plus 102 catches too. He's not a small back but he's not that big either so you have to wonder how long can he last in the NFL. I like Etienne but I like Harris and Williams better.

Williams only had 366 carries in college which means he could last longer in the NFL
Kids a proven worker! And proven tuff! So far very durable. No surgeries that I'm aware of.

Tho of course your point is valid -- possible wear and tear...

I don't think it's a factor in this case -- the kid wasn't really "overused" and beat up.

I'd be a tad more concerned that his '20 production slipped vs '19.

I still think the kid made a mistake not coming out last year...

That said I like him a lot -- tho not as hot as horny for him as this time last year.

I think his game will translate very well in the Pros.

Kids a proven worker! And proven tuff! So far very durable. No surgeries that I'm aware of.

I don't think it's a factor in this case -- the kid wasn't really "overused" and beat up.

That said I like him a lot -- tho not as hot as horny for him as this time last year.

As I’ve said the drop in production was not his fault. We replaced 4 starters from our line from the year before and it was by far the weakest link on our team as Ohio St showed in the Sugar Bowl. We also went to more of a passing offense considering we had the future #1 pick in the draft pulling the trigger in TLaw. ETN is as dangerous as he always has been. His receiving skills as well as pass blocking skills improved immeasurably this past year so it was not a lost cause.

Also yes his touches look high but he was nowhere near overused as Clemson has played more players a game on average than any other program in the country. He’s got plenty of tread left on the tires.

I think in the right system he could be a stud. He's great at catching out of the backfield which is huge these days in the NFL

Good possibility he fits are system better than Harris does, it's really hard to tell he seems quicker to line of scrimmage than Harris and both do there best work running the outside zone and both are good catching the ball as receivers, Harris is more than likely a better blocker because of his size. I doubt the Dolphins get either because they both could go in the 1st round or top of 2nd before we pick again in 2nd. Our offensive line should make a good jump in 2021 but there still bottom half of league in both run and pass blocking so holes aren't opened and maintained long.

Been a while since I looked into it, but workload in college points to a player being able to handle it in the NFL. If anything, it's a good sign - last I checked anyway.

I don't think we can go wrong with ETN, Harris or Williams, just not in the 1st round (and maybe not even the 2nd).
2nd all day for me. Prefer another position(s) in round 1 but round 2 is better value for running backs.
imo

Run and dump, repeat in 4 years.

Get usage out of the back their rookie year then let them walk.

JMO.

Very few backs stay great in contract #2.

2nd all day for me. Prefer another position(s) in round 1 but round 2 is better value for running backs.
imo

Run and dump, repeat in 4 years.

Get usage out of the back their rookie year then let them walk.

JMO.

Very few backs stay great in contract #2.
This is why is hard to draft a RB in the first round. Most of the time you don't have them at a high level for very long.

Back
Top Bottom