For those who say Ronnie Brown fits the Linehan system... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who say Ronnie Brown fits the Linehan system...

Agent51 said:
Holy crap dude, your signature rocks, I thought I was the ONLY one who wanted us to take LeFors!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I think we can get him in round 4, which would be the ultimate steal

thanks dude

Im not comparing Ronnie to those backs in terms of size. COMMON SENSE will tell you to take the bigger back over the smaller back.The reason i showed those names is b/c Saban likes VERSATILE backs,not small shifty backs. Ronnie just so happens to be bigger and faster than all those guys i mentioned. Thats what makes him so special. He can do everything the guys i mentioned do, just with more size and speed. Why would SABAN not want that?

I just wish the draft was today and that we drafted Ronnie Brown.

dolfreak said:
Im not comparing Ronnie to those backs in terms of size. COMMON SENSE will tell you to take the bigger back over the smaller back.The reason i showed those names is b/c Saban likes VERSATILE backs,not small shifty backs. Ronnie just so happens to be bigger and faster than all those guys i mentioned. Thats what makes him so special. He can do everything the guys i mentioned do, just with more size and speed. Why would SABAN not want that?

Actually, isn't Ronnie the biggest back of the three? I know he is 6'0 233 and Cedric is 5'10" 225, what is williams?

Krie30511 said:
thanks dude

What about one of the RBs in 1, matt jones in 3 and LeFors in 4? I think he'll still be there at 4, I think he has a better chance at being there than jones does at 4

dolfreak said:

You bring up his ex backs in college to show what kind of RB Saban likes but the guys you mention are all smaller, with quicker feet, and the ability to shake you out of your shoes. Ronnie Brown, of the top three backs, has the least ability to make someone miss and he isn't that quick. He's fast in open space and straight shots, but there is a difference between fast and quick. He may be the fastest of the three, but Benson and Caddy are much quicker, along with the other guys you mentioned before. If anything, the guys you brought up are more like Caddy than Brown.

I think Saban likes a RB with moves and a little shake more than the power runner. IMO, Brown isn't going to get around you as much as he's gonna try to go thru you (nothing wrong with that). The references to WAD ball are what make me think Saban likes versatile guys that can be used as weapons anywhere they're lined up but also have the ability to break some ankles. Faulk and Davis definately rather make you look silly than try to knock you over so I don't see where you get this Ronnie Brown is Saban's type of back stuff.

NJPHIN34 said:
This sounds like maybe he wants Cadillac Williams. Despite his size, he just gets it done and is a very versatile player with that style that gets it done all the time.

If this is the case they best trade down!!

short yardage...

burger13 said:
I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent.........I think that Benson would be the best of the three in lowering his shoulder and getting an extra yard or two at the end of every run.

And I think that Caddy would definately be the best of 'creating something out of nothing' and finding the creases (sp?) out of the three.....

But I think that Brown would be second on both of those lists....he has the size to get the tough yards better than Caddy, and IMO he has better vision and explosiveness than Benson. Add in that I think that he's the superior player in the passing game and that's how I come to my conclusion.

Caddy is a better short yardage back than Ronnie. Carnell got 90% of the short yardage carries at Auburn. He is a lot stronger than most think and has awesome leg drive.

Back
Top Bottom