For you "we don't have the money" people | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For you "we don't have the money" people

Until Wash. wins more than 7 games in a season they aren't schooling anybody. All they are doing is making moves that the fans like, but that doesn't mean they are good moves. NE has made mostly under the radar moves for the last few seasons and has been very successful. If wanted Miami to follow any personnel school it would be NE's not Wash.'s.

sure Washington spends money, but not on defense, and THAT'S where they need it the most.

After Champ Bailey they have Arrington, that's it.

And by the way we did bring in one of the league best young offensive stars his name was Ricky. It didnt get us into the playoffs instantly so it probaly wont get the Skins anywhere either

They also let one of the best players in the league Davis go or they wouldnt have to be getting Portis. So every team has its ups and downs thier front office doesnt do anything better then ours. They probaly are gonna get rid of thier best Defensive player to fill a position that they had a perfectly good back at two years ago. If they would have kept Davis maybe they could have kept Bailey. That would be like if we let Ricky go this year. Then after next season let Zack Thomas go to pick up another RB that would just be stupid

Even if the Portis deal goes through, the Redskins have (depending on who you read) between seven and nine major holes on their team. The money they sunk into Brunell won't help plug those holes. The Skins may post a winning record this year, but I wouldn't pencilk them in to the playoffs just yet.

Re: For you "we don't have the money" people

Originally posted by fin-atic
Tell me how Washington who has been overpaying for years to get players now has the savy to go out and get Brunell AND is on the verge of pulling off a trade that will bring Portis to the Redskins???

Isn't it amazing that in two months of work the Redskins have accomplished more than fours years of the current Fin administration?

And they found the money to do it!!

Yeah it's really worked out well for them.

Oliver...

"I think it offers hope and something to look forward to" you say this about what Snyder has done and about Gibbs...

I also think that trading for Feeley...we have something to look forward to!!!

"Regardless of how it has finished in the past, it looks even better for them this year, and they are schooling us in how to do personnel."

You might be right but they have gone after those "big name players" in the recent past and all they've been able to achieve is losing records...but since you already have no hope for Miami...(even though Feeley has not even taken a snap yet)...and you seem to love what the Skins have done...plus with all your .....ing & moaning you've done...why don't you become a Skins fan???

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
"I think it offers hope and something to look forward to" you say this about what Snyder has done and about Gibbs...

I also think that trading for Feeley...we have something to look forward to!!!

"Regardless of how it has finished in the past, it looks even better for them this year, and they are schooling us in how to do personnel."

You might be right but they have gone after those "big name players" in the recent past and all they've been able to achive is losing records...but since you already have no hope for Miami...(even though Feeley has not even taken a snap yet)...and you seem to love what the Skins have done...plus with all your .....ing & moaning you've done...why don't you become a Skins fan???

Nice try.

Why would I leave when I am so loved here?:lol:

Sal the point is that they are doing eveything they can to get better in Washington.

I am having a hard time believing that anyone thought this was the best move to be made. Not are you okay with it, but was it the BEST move to make? We are always trying to unearth some hidden talent and we keep missing. God it took them four years to realize Jay wasn't the answer when we the fans knew after two years. Are we to suffer for four more years if AJ the Waterboy doesn't work out?

We have a roster full of over paid underachieving players. And this team is not really getting over the hump. I am getting tired of watching our division rivals hoisting the trophy up, and we keep tripping on our privates trying to just get into the playoffs.

Enough is enough. I am shocked at the lack of outrage from our fans with our continued lack of results. I think its time to step up our level as fans and quit taking this crap. For four years Wanny and Co. have been feeding us $hit and calling it chocolate candy.

It is time to speak out as fans and demand more for our hard earned money.

Originally posted by chambers84
Washington is ab;e to do this because they have a coach that obviously doesn't like mediocracy.

BINGO!

That is the right answer!

everything always goes back to our HC. i seriously wonder if Wayne willing to can Wanny or not.

Ownership money means nothing in the NFL everyone has the same salary cap.

thats true, forgot about salary cap. duh, i need to go get lunch now.

I am having a hard time believing that anyone thought this was the best move to be made. Not are you okay with it, but was it the BEST move to make?

What do you think the best move would have been? Not getting "all up in ya," but I'm curious.

I know you're high on Rivers. Would you have had us draft and start Rivers this year?

Nice try.

Why would I leave when I am so loved here?:lol:

Sal the point is that they are doing eveything they can to get better in Washington.

I am having a hard time believing that anyone thought this was the best move to be made. Not are you okay with it, but was it the BEST move to make? We are always trying to unearth some hidden talent and we keep missing. God it took them four years to realize Jay wasn't the answer when we the fans knew after two years. Are we to suffer for four more years if AJ the Waterboy doesn't work out?

We have a roster full of over paid underachieving players. And this team is not really getting over the hump. I am getting tired of watching our division rivals hoisting the trophy up, and we keep tripping on our privates trying to just get into the playoffs.

Enough is enough. I am shocked at the lack of outrage from our fans with our continued lack of results. I think its time to step up our level as fans and quit taking this crap. For four years Wanny and Co. have been feeding us $hit and calling it chocolate candy.

It is time to speak out as fans and demand more for our hard earned money.

fin-atic,

I have been frustrated also...but to answer your question...I do think that it was the best move...Brunell would cost too much b/c of our other needs we need to address...we did try for Ramsey...but Gibbs would not trade him...so, Rick and Co. have tried...Feeley is an upgrade from Fiedler...IMO...so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. I know how you feel...believe me I too have been disappointed in this team...but we have a good D...some playmakers on the offense and the offseason is not over...we have the draft!!! I think and hope that the Fins will be in good shape...Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano

... the offseason is not over...we have the draft!!!

Not to mention free agency, in which I think we'll be more aggressive than in years past.

I think it offers hope and something to look forward to. I think it is a franchise doing everything it can to win. This year they made a coaching move and brought in Gibbs, which we didn't do, they brought in the best FA QB, which we didn't do, and they are on the cusp of signing maybe the best young offensive star in the league, which we haven't done. And this is before free agency even starts!

Regardless of how it has finished in the past, it looks even better for them this year, and they are schooling us in how to do personnel.

I don't agree with the issue of the best young offensive star bit...

If you remember a guy by the name of Ricky Williams was aquired in March 2002 and after the 2002 season he had the best stats of any other ofensive player that year with 2,200 total yards...

I understand what you are trying to prove. That other teams are trying to improve and are active in doing it...

But let's remember where Washington has been the last few years. One good QB and one great RB will help them some, but they still need help at the OL and on defense now that Bailey will be gone...

Think about it, our JF move the team to 14 points in the 4th quarter last year against them...

Back
Top Bottom