Forget Brees and Cutler, draft.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget Brees and Cutler, draft....

Yeah, why sign a Pro Bowl QB when we can get a Division III Undrafted Rookie Free Agent....and it's not like we need insurance for him or anything. He won't get injured because he's Brett Elliot! :shakeno:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Phins don't give him a look as an undrafted FA. Saban and Mueller like to turn over every stone to find a QB. With the guys that we've seen here, Casey Printers, Couch, etc, don't be surprised.

HysterikiLL said:
Yeah, why sign a Pro Bowl QB when we can get a Division III Undrafted Rookie Free Agent....and it's not like we need insurance for him or anything. He won't get injured because he's Brett Elliot! :shakeno:

Dude....I thought drafting Brett Elliot was a great idea!!!:lol:

He threw the touchdown to Brandon Marshall in the Hula Bowl and the funny thing is that we can get them both :)

Holy crap this guy is amazing. We need to sign him he can at least be a back up. For all the naysayers watch this:

http://www.fuxd.net/BrettElliot.wmv

This guy can throw the hell out of the deep ball that's for sure.

TAK said:
Holy crap this guy is amazing. We need to sign him he can at least be a back up. For all the naysayers watch this:

http://www.fuxd.net/BrettElliot.wmv

This guy can throw the hell out of the deep ball that's for sure.

Wow, wobbly passes to WIDE OPEN receivers! :rolleyes2

It's painful reading things on this forum sometimes!

It's insane how some get all giddy off of hand picked highlight reel plays someone puts together.
How does the player play the majority of the time?
That's the key.

The guy is in Div. 3
Low competition
Wide open receivers which rarely happens in the bigs.
A wide open receiver in the NFL is 1 step ahead of the defender and a QB has to read that while zinging it in to a tight spot.

Nothing out of those highlights shows me anything to value this guy, ESPECIALLY over bringing in a solid NFL proven QB in Brees.

Even if you got one of the top 3 QB's who chances are will be more NFL ready you'd still have to have a vet to QB the team for next year and probably the year after.

Regardless of who we may draft at QB you still bring in Brees to take the team now.

TAK said:
He should be at the combine. It's ridiculous he isn't.

Yeah, cats from Div. 3 are commonly overlooked gems!

Trekbiz said:
Wow, wobbly passes to WIDE OPEN receivers! :rolleyes2

It's painful reading things on this forum sometimes!

It's insane how some get all giddy off of hand picked highlight reel plays someone puts together.
How does the player play the majority of the time?
That's the key.

The guy is in Div. 3
Low competition
Wide open receivers which rarely happens in the bigs.
A wide open receiver in the NFL is 1 step ahead of the defender and a QB has to read that while zinging it in to a tight spot.

Nothing out of those highlights shows me anything to value this guy, ESPECIALLY over bringing in a solid NFL proven QB in Brees.

Even if you got one of the top 3 QB's who chances are will be more NFL ready you'd still have to have a vet to QB the team for next year and probably the year after.

Regardless of who we may draft at QB you still bring in Brees to take the team now.
Well considering this dude beat out Alex Smith for the starting job at Utah until he got injured I would say he is pretty damn good. Also those deep balls were as accurate as you can get even if the CB was one step behind him.

This guy threw for 61 TD passes in one season with only 9 interceptions. The competition may not be as good as 1-A but that is still an assanine number. He had a 68.5% completion percentage as well. He deserves a look no matter what you think.

EDIT: I also never said that he should be ahead Brees or that we need to skip over Brees for this guy. All I said is we should get him and see if he is any good. If he is good then put him at back up or send him to NFL Europe either would be a worthwhile situation.

TAK said:
Well considering this dude beat out Alex Smith for the starting job at Utah until he got injured I would say he is pretty damn good. Also those deep balls were as accurate as you can get even if the CB was one step behind him.

This guy threw for 61 TD passes in one season with only 9 interceptions. The competition may not be as good as 1-A but that is still an assanine number. He had a 68.5% completion percentage as well. He deserves a look no matter what you think.

EDIT: I also never said that he should be ahead Brees or that we need to skip over Brees for this guy. All I said is we should get him and see if he is any good. If he is good then put him at back up or send him to NFL Europe either would be a worthwhile situation.

He dosen't deserve a look over any of the top QB prospects and it's a joke to even suggest he'd be a solution over bringing in Brees.

That was the point of the thread and that's what makes it the Dee-Dee-Dee post of the month!

You did'nt post the thread so no worries.

Well, he didn't look too bad on those clips...if Nick and Muller like him they'll give him a look.

Ozzy rules!!

Trekbiz said:
He dosen't deserve a look over any of the top QB prospects and it's a joke to even suggest he'd be a solution over bringing in Brees.

That was the point of the thread and that's what makes it the Dee-Dee-Dee post of the month!

You did'nt post the thread so no worries.
Well considering he isn't in the combine we could get him for next to nothing and if Nick goes and meets with him and sees he can perform then we might save a pick on QB and be able to load up the plate with other sexiness.

I have just watched the clip and all i got to say is wow. He defintely can throw the ball.

I really hope at least saban looks at him.

Back
Top Bottom