Former Fins RBs Suggest Solutions to Ricky's Problems | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Fins RBs Suggest Solutions to Ricky's Problems

Originally posted by IceStorm
We must also point out the fact that when Minor is in the opposing defenses rarely stack more then 5 in the box. With Ricky its a nominal 6-7 unless it's a running down and they put in 8-9.

Minor just has a little less traffic to contend with.

Dolfans group in Dallas, thats tight! Now I know if I ever visit Dallas.

BTW, I think Morris brings up a good point, it never crossed my mind. Another suggestion I have for Ricky is watch the videotapes from last season. His running style was totally different. Last year, he exploded off the handoff and used his power through the gaps, this year he's too patient about his running lanes, he waits too long and takes too many steps in the backfield, at the point he misses the hole and is being swarmed by the defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by IceStorm
We must also point out the fact that when Minor is in the opposing defenses rarely stack more then 5 in the box. With Ricky its a nominal 6-7 unless it's a running down and they put in 8-9.

Minor just has a little less traffic to contend with.

Great point Ice, it seems the defenses are more worried about passing when RW is not in there. They do seem to spread their defense some. Not staking the box I mean.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom