Four Players Who Will Go Higher Than Expected | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four Players Who Will Go Higher Than Expected

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Here are four players who I think will be drafted higher than expected.

1. Mason Rudolph -- The top four quarterbacks are going to fly off the board meaning Rudolph and Jackson will be pushed up by teams needing quarterbacks.

2. Lamar Jackson - A team that's willing to let him sit and learn for a year could be sitting on a diamond in the rough. Jackson has a ways to go, though.

3. Taven Bryan -- I've seen him mocked in the 2nd round and, with his talent, upside and motor, I just can't see him getting out of the 1st. May end up in the top 20 and a wildcard for that Miami pick at #11. The Dolphins are always looking for pass rushers and that's where he helps right off the bat.

4. Derrius Guice --- Saquon Barkley is being talked about as a potential number one overall pick and, honesty, I don't see a big gap between him and Guice. Guice is a decisive runner who is in the mold of a Jay Ajayi in terms of power, but with more speed. I've seen him mocked mostly in round two.

I wouldn’t touch Rudolph until round 4

The CBS Sports guy has Rudolph as his number 1 quarterback...lolwut

Both qbs, even though the definitely shouldn’t, will likely be drafted in the first round. Some desperate team like the cardinals or a team who plan to let them sit and learn like the saints or Steelers will overreach.

With teams like the Rams, Cowboys, Eagles all having better seasons with very young QBs, I see teams starting to value them more. They WILL over-reach for them because (if they hit gold), their teams set up for the next 10-15 years. A top QB can put a team over the top like what a declining Manning did for the Broncos. Just ask the Eagles. Teams will def look to improve the QB position. We should be looking for one as a back up for now, because no way we get one of the four or five top ones at 11.

Guice is a better runner than Barkley, but there's a huge gap in receiving ability. Barkley, if utilized properly, creates mismatches in ways that Guice doesn't, and that's the direction the good teams are heading - more like the NBA.

I think Ian Thomas is a good candidate to go higher than folks expect. I believe some teams have him as TE1.

I’m not saying he’ll be great in the NFL but against Ohio State he reminded me so much of Keith Jackson.

I heard that Rudolph has had 1 heck of an interview with some teams.#1 by a good amount over all QB's in the draft.

The CBS Sports guy has Rudolph as his number 1 quarterback...lolwut

That's one site you should never look at again. Chris Trapasso is a moron that has zero connections to teams. Sometimes I wonder if he even watches football. CBS screwed up when they failed to renew the contracts of Rob Rang & Dane Brugler from NFLDraftScout.

That's one site you should never look at again. Chris Trapasso is a moron that has zero connections to teams. Sometimes I wonder if he even watches football. CBS screwed up when they failed to renew the contracts of Rob Rang & Dane Brugler from NFLDraftScout.

Chris Trapasso was writing with Bleacher Report back at the same time I was, around 2010-2012. Except now he works for CBS Sports, and I work for a much smaller publication :O

Back
Top Bottom