Fox Sports exclusive interview and coverage on Incognito/Martin saga | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox Sports exclusive interview and coverage on Incognito/Martin saga

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;XGYNf0oMQ5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=XGYNf0oMQ5s[/video]

[video=youtube;Pe6NMBHZl9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Pe6NMBHZl9M[/video]

[video=youtube;2wNeY_pJj4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=2wNeY_pJj4M[/video]

I think Jimmy Johnson's comments are probably closer to the truth of this than anybody's I've seen in this mess.

I still can't forgive him for Wanny.

The fairest treatment of this subject in the media since this whole ****storm started. ESPN could learn a thing or two from FOX.

Thanks for posting. The third video was the best discussion on this i've seen so far.Props to FOX sports. ESPN can kiss my azz.

Jimmy Johnson summed up pretty well what happened. Martin is simply not cut out for this level and should not have been drafted that high or at all. I don't believe he was emotionally or physiologically damaged since he was using the same language with teammates.

I would really like to see what Tom Jackson would say now, he ripped on us so bad this morning. Not saying Incognitos interview is all of the info needed but the way he bashed the organization when in fact Martin said the same stuff to him. ALSO how can you blame Phibin for not knowing seems most of damage was in text messages, you know what my boss has never seen one of text messages or heard a voicemail to my wife or friends.

Again I understand there will be more info to come out but this at least sheds more light on Incognito & Martins strange friendship.

Get he,s azz in the game tomorrow. F Martins kiddie BS.

I think Incognito came off as bright, articulate and very believable.

One of the big things that stood out from that interview, was when he said that Martin said (in text messages after the Bengals game) he didn't blame the guys, it was some of the stuff from the locker room and that he (Martin) didn't know where the stuff blaming Ritchie was coming from....

I think it got to much for Martin, for whatever reason, and then his Mom or Dad found out about the text messages and voice mails (or they knew about them already) and they leaked them, since it sounds like Martin didn't know where they were coming from. That's how this whole sh** storm really started.

The interview was great....wonder what the Martin camp has to say in response to some of those text messages that JM sent. And man I really can't wait to see Tom Jackson's response to the text messages as well

Cogs made one mistake. The N Bomb. Martin obviously can't handle the pressure of the nfl, all he had to say was I'm leaving the team because I'm having personal issues and the stress of the nfl is too much. This story went to the other side of the galaxy.

I would really like to see what Tom Jackson would say now, he ripped on us so bad this morning. Not saying Incognitos interview is all of the info needed but the way he bashed the organization when in fact Martin said the same stuff to him. ALSO how can you blame Phibin for not knowing seems most of damage was in text messages, you know what my boss has never seen one of text messages or heard a voicemail to my wife or friends.

Again I understand there will be more info to come out but this at least sheds more light on Incognito & Martins strange friendship.

Great comments. After watching those videos my thoughts went immediately to Jackson. That guy really offended me with his comment because of his quickness to judge the situation. Something tells me he won't however recant his comments. And just to the Philbin issue of not knowing. Incognito didn't even know how Martin was feeling. You couple Martin's keeping his feelings inside himself along with the players' communication being mostly on text messaging, how in the world can we expect Philbin to be on top of this matter.

Cogs made one mistake. The N Bomb. Martin obviously can't handle the pressure of the nfl, all he had to say was I'm leaving the team because I'm having personal issues and the stress of the nfl is too much. This story went to the other side of the galaxy.

That's what set it in motion, and made it go national, for sure.

I think if you're going to use that language with someone, it better be someone you trust, who has your back, and is not just a casual co-worker type of person. Because if it ever comes out, your friend has to speak up and say, no we're friends, we're just joking. Martin hasn't done that. Unless he's comotose, he has an opportunity to stop this and he hasn't. As far as his text to Incognito saying it's ok, that was right after he left, and it appears he hasn't spoken to him since. In fact, he didn't speak to him at all, it was just a text. I don't know how you are, but when I want to keep someone at arms length I use text, I don't pick up the phone. No doubt Richie called him and Martin didn't pick up, but chose to text a reasurring reply. It's not convincing enough to me, that Martin isn't bothered by all of this, or that he doesn't feel he was bullied.

There's an old expression, you don't sh_t where you eat. Incognito did just that, and now he's off the team. He probably feels somewhere along the way he pushed Martin too far, maybe crossed a line, and that's why in part of the interview he apologizes for using the racial texts and says that's unacceptable. Why back off from that if the two of you were comfortable with each other and it was daily talk? Why not just say it, and shrug your shoulders? Why apologize at all?

I still think there's more to this than we know.

"Jon Martin put himself in this hole and he's now trying to dig out of it."

Not so sure Jimmy. Talk to his mommy. Talk to his lawyer.

We will never find out. This is the drive-by-media hit piece liberal drivel that will tear up the NFL unless it clearly draws a line from this.

Lawyers and Mommies dont understand this.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

...waiting for the laundry list.

I think Jimmy Johnson's comments are probably closer to the truth of this than anybody's I've seen in this mess.

I still can't forgive him for Wanny.

Thank you, Jimmy is saying what Iv been saying from the beginning. I know a lot of people couldnt get pass that a man walked away from the team. And then couldnt get pass the idea that friends and associates can playfully say ugly things to each other. It didnt alarm me at all, may be because im a former athlete and say players quit, and saw players playfully and at times seriously verbally say horrible things to each other. But what alarmed me was, if he was this weak scared person who couldnt handle criticism or to be talked about, why would he be all of a sudden be strong enough or comfortable with exposing his weaknesses to the media for the world to now critique him. If he really didnt like the verbal pressure, he sure went out of his way to put himself under enormously more verbal pressure. Thats why its hard for me to believe this is about bullying, but more about him trying to escape from the blame of not full filling his fans, team, family and his own expectations. I believe he and his agent (because of the money) was trying to divert blame and to try and get out of the exist of football with the most money they could get.

I keep going back to Ricky Williams, the dolphins already have knowlege of how to deal with contracts when a player quits becaue of the Ricky Williams situation. People quickly forget, when Ricky returned he was basically playing for free, and paying back the dolphins 8 mill dollars that he lost in the settlement for quitting. And I think as this keeps being played and the dolphins dont give in, Martin agent may be have played a card that was more then he was able to handle.

Back
Top Bottom