Fox Sports off-season preview for the Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox Sports off-season preview for the Fins

Thanks for answering that for me. Smith's offseason conditioning will definitely bulk him up some and improve his strength. I think he'll be much better next year (and played pretty darn good his first year out the gate).

I think this assessment is on the money

why the media hates Miami?

It's possible that we may enter the season with two new gaurds, a new center and a right tackle, so the offensive line is a big question mark.

The qb situation is nothing new.
The wr situation is a qusetion mark.

And the defense, this all star overpriced defense is getting older and losing a step collectively each year, our defensive back field (aside from Pat Surtain) severly underacheived and you can only expect them to get worse this year. And we may lose Ogun, which isn't so bad considering we have David Bowens waiting in the wings, however his durability has been a question mark and after him, we have few raw + untested FA rookies, so I'd say we have quite a few holes to fill on defense or at the very least holes to address.

And what if T-buck and Freeman decides to leave?

I would say he's on point with his assessment. Whether he's bias or not it doesn't matter, he's correct.

no problem

Originally posted by jbond
Thanks for answering that for me. Smith's offseason conditioning will definitely bulk him up some and improve his strength. I think he'll be much better next year (and played pretty darn good his first year out the gate).

;)

I know our cap situation has us handcuffed

however, hopefully with RS running the show we aproach FA and the draft with a holistic approach and address all our our needs on offense and defense.

Big names like Ty Law, Champ Bailey, TO, Wlater Jones... sound great on paper, but we need to take a slice out of the last two superbowl champs a go bargain hunting to fill our needs. I'm tired of watching the pass rush be dominant but the rush defense is lacking or the rush defense be dominant but the pass defense is lacking. same goes with offense and the running game and passing game. All of the holes we have and potential holes we may have, need to be addressed in order for us to be serious contenders, otherwise our team just a bunch of glorified underacheivers.

I think he was on target for the most part. However, he was a little bit gloomy. Yes the D lost a step overall. IMO I think it was more of Marion than anything else. It seemed when Madison was in straight man coverage he did fine. Same with Knight. When it came to zone it looked like Madison and Knight were trying to help Marion a little too much and it seemed to cost them. Now whether that was the coaches game plan or just those guys trying to help a player that is really liked by most of the team... who knows!? I think the D will be fine with just getting rid of Marion and either signing Freeman to play there (doubtful because of how things went down this year with Knight taking the position that Freeman thought was his), or bring in a quick rookie. Heck, maybe move Fletcher there. Lets face it, fletcher is not a good CB when it comes to Man coverage, but not so bad in zone. moving a cb to FS should help him!?

Back
Top Bottom