Franchise QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise QB

phinsfan1221

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
1. can we win a superbowl without one 2. when will we get one unless you think AJ or jay are one 3. I miss Dan 4. can the dolphins muster enough ammo to move up in the draft or have enough balls to do it, to get ELI, BEN or even Rivers:cool: :eat:

I say Feeley could get us to the sb, not now but maybe in 2 or 3 years and if we some how do trade up we will not get a QB because we already have faith in Feeley and we now give me a chance to take us to the top.

I think feeley can get us to the sb NOW, some people need to start believing. Feeley doesn't have to be great to get us to the sb, just solid.

As for the fins having the balls to trade up?? Its not about having the balls, its about doing whats best for the team and that is not it, imo.

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
I think feeley can get us to the sb NOW, some people need to start believing. Feeley doesn't have to be great to get us to the sb, just solid.

Hoping ..... yes.

Believing.... there's nothing to believe in yet.
We haven't seen this guy at all and "experts" are divided right down the middle on Feeley's chances on having a good career.

The only thing we can do is hope whatever Speilman sees in Feeley really is terrific potential just waiting for an opportunity.

agreed trek, and I wish we'd trade up for a franchise QB with true potential.

I'll root for Feeley, and hope until the cows come home. But fact of hte matter is, he's only started 5 games in his 3 year NFL career, was the 3rd man in the depth chart, and will be new to our system. If he flops we're doomed to another off season hunting for a QB to lead this team, which means we'll have to over spend on an over the hill FA vet, or take another long shot. I'd rather draft a rookie now, so he's potentially ready to go by next year. Won't happen though, I just don't like putting all my eggs in one basket.

"wish we would trade up for a qb with TRUE POTENTIAL"

u make me fu&%ng sick along with everyone on this board who always downgrades feeley.

Always thinking that the qb that we would(never gonna happen) draft is going to be the 2nd coming or something, give me a break.

Yea, feeley has only had five starts, he was behind mcnabb, whats ur point. He was preety solid in those five starts also.

The dude hasn't had a chance to blossom in tis league yet cause of circumstances that are beyond his control, now he has that oppurtunity here in miami.

"wish we would trade up for a qb with TRUE POTENTIAL"

u make me fu&%ng sick along with everyone on this board who always downgrades feeley.

Always thinking that the qb that we would(never gonna happen) draft is going to be the 2nd coming or something, give me a break.

Yea, feeley has only had five starts, he was behind mcnabb, whats ur point. He was preety solid in those five starts also.

The dude hasn't had a chance to blossom in tis league yet cause of circumstances that are beyond his control, now he has that oppurtunity here in miami.

well get ready to be f'ing sick buddy. He was behind McNabb AND DETMER. He won 5 games, and threw an interception in every one of them.

And he played SOOOO well in those 5 games that he was STILL the 3rd string QB after his 5 '"awesome" starts.

Fact is, since we've had jay, we've brought in nothing but long shots, and has been's, all of which have flopped, and EVERY year we have to be fed the smae old "Jay is the best man for the job" bull ****. Sure, he's the best man on our roster, becuase they bring in 3rd stringers, and has been's. Wow, real competition.

Get a clue buddy, he's a LONG shot. I hope he succeeds, yet you berate me anyway? He's EVERY inexperienced after THREE years in the league. You talk like he's actually proven somethning in this league already. If he fails, i'm going ot make you eat the biggest crow ever, if he succeed's I'm gonig to tell you what I've said all along. I've been rooting for him.

Do you always have to take things THAT personal? Damn, you must watch A LOT of Lifetime Network for Women movies. You take things too seriously & too personally. :shakeno:

nobody's downgrading AJ everyone hopes he is a franchise QB but its unknown even if we drafted ELI or BEN its no guaranty to greatness just hope, just as I hope AJ turns great:cool: :eat: :D

These QB debates get old.............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey phinzone, when u say comments like this "I wish we would trade up for a qb with true potential" ur damn right I get a little annoyed. I disagree with u I think our QB does have TRUE potential. Im not going to sugar coat my posts for u or anyone else on this board. I realize that "make me f&%ing sick" was a little over the top, but, it was just a figure of speach. Cursing was probably not called for but, what the hell, i said and im not gong to retract it, I bleeped it out.

regardless of how good feeley is, as long as he is competent/average you can win a sb (see: ravens)

Well, for those who want us to draft a QB, I think RS made it clear that if soneone who is rated high on their board is there, he'd go after him at #20....trading up would probabaly involve something we don't have much of this or next year...other draft picks, so I can't see that happening....But if Rivers or Ben fell to 20, it is not out of the realm of possibility that we would take him....that being said, I'm a Feeley supporter. I followed Philly as my second team to the Fins. The fans in Philly were dissappointed that Feeley was not the second string and after the first couple of games, many wanted him in there instead of DM....(that does not make sense to me either)....It is time for Feeley to either make it or flop...He may not set the world on fire, but I can't see how he won't be better than Jay...He has all the intangibles. His arm strength is adequate to above par....some say he has a weak arm that have never seen him throw....He has shown to be more accurate than JF also. He makes good decisions and does less hurting your offense than JF has shown. Yes, he is a less mobile than JF. This team has shown an ability to stay with teams and be close with JF, so I think that we just may be able to improve with AJ, based on the comparisons to the two....This is just speculation until they get on the field. Rivers, Ben, Eli, JP all would be speculation until they get on the field....Back to the draft...RS left himself wide open in his press conference....some idiot asked him if he would take the BPA at our position...he quipped that "what if S. Talyor were available at #20 ?"
My thought was "Duhhhh" I like the open-mindedness of RS...

All this talk about a franchise qb. Does anyone remember they thought we were stupid when we drafted Marino in 83? Anything is possible you just gotta have faith.

The quarterback debate is old, and it is because those that don't think Feeley is good base that opinion on the fact that Feeley isn't a big name quarterback.

There is absolutely no factual basis to suggest that Feeley isn't a good quarterback. If you watched him in Philadelphia, which 99% of those who think he is below average good didn't do, you would have seen a young quarterback show terrific potential. Enough potential to get the quarterback guru of the league, Ron Wolf, to not only advise Miami on him, but to advise Cleveland to attempt to get him as well. Plus, you have Mike Holmgren on record stating that AJ Feeley ran his offense better in Philly with no previous experience than his quarterbacks were running in Seattle at that time. AJ Feeley is far more advanced at this stage than Matt Hasselbeck was when Seattle traded for him and Miami tried to trade for him.

Back
Top Bottom