Franchise QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise QB

Will you guys who are so hell bent on Feeley tell me exactly why? Geez some of you are saying he can win a SB now, and he will be a solid starter, etc.

Based on what?

Five wins against losing teams? One loss against the Giants, who frankly were not very good at the time.

I think it is a double standard when you down the people who doubt because you say that they have no clue and yet you base your bold predictions on nothing but the sound bites that Wanspeil feed you.

The reality is this. We ALL hope he is great, Pro Bowl, a legend and leads us to the promise land.

He is a big risk and no one knows if he will do anything until he plays. Because there is nothing to base an opinion on. The guy has just not played enough to know. Either Speilman will be a hero or a goat for this move.

I am just curious how long Wanny will let Feeley struggle until he goes back to his little buddy Fiedler. I hope he gets a fair chance. I for one think Griese did not get it. I don't think he was the answer, but as soon as he lost one game then everyone turned on the guy. And in there he played well at times.

I can easily see AJ being subjected to the same thing.

Of course the experts divided are as such, the experts in the NFL, ala Fassel Wolf, Reid say Feeley will be a very good QB, teh experts that are not sold are Journalists, ala LeBastard, Pricko,etc.. so yeah its divided, but i will rely on the "REAL" experts. I am not saying he WILL be great, cause unlike some, I am not proclaiming genius status. I do not know for FACT what Feeley will do, but i was impressed with the poise he showed when he was forced into action. Rick is well respected among teh GMs in the league, so he must know something, so i will give him a chance. There is more to Rick being GM and not you know it alls than he knows some people in the league and you dont. Dont kid yourself, you could not do better than Rick. If you really believe you can, then you really are a self-proclaimed know-it-all.

Yes I am being a huge smartazz, but this is dumb, same threads over and over, noone, including me, takes the time to consider our positions. Just no I believe you wrong cause if your not I am, and that cant happen attitude seems to take place whenever we discuss qb position. Lets just name it the Dan syndrome. We had arguably the best ever and now we hay AJ and Jay. question isnt are they as good as dan, but are they good enough? Time will tell, let these stupid threads die for the sake of the sanity of this board.

Fin Atic, I aint hell-bent on Feeley, I admit there are questions. My reason to believe boil down to a belief that Spielman can judge talent. He is respected among the league and i havent heard many of us say he is a bad judge of talent. Remember it was spielman that wanted Boldin last year over Moore. Yes Feeley didnt play the top teams when he played, but he did come in in a pressure situation with Philli fighting for home field, everyone practically, was righting Philli off, he came in and led them to HF advantage, he showed poise, confidence and ability.

Look at the approach, the resolve was to find a qb that could help immediately this year, so that almost rules out the rookies, since counting on a rookie qb that has not played a down is a very risky proposition. Brunell was way overpaid, Ramsey was unavailable. Couch wasnt available and no sure thing he was gonna be. Garcia and Warner? no thank you, some think they would have been better options, and who knows they may have been right, but they have done nothing outside warner a few years ago. He hasnt won a game as a starter since 2001. injuries surely have played a part as has time, they are getting older. they are also one style/one dimensional qbs from my perspective. Feeley represents someone w/ some skills, youth, while having some experience playing, even more experience studying the NFL game style - film study, practice etc.. he will not be suprised by teh speed of the game. I believe the process Rick took was sound so I believe he has a chance to be good.

Now from my perspective yours and others posts that are not sold on feeley have a patronizing tone to them as if your opinions matter more than ours, that is the reason for my sarcasm. No I cannot rattle off stats as many can, I do not study them, they tell me nothing since they are numbers and let me tell you, as an auditor, all numbers can be manipulated when you are talking about factors. playing with the coefficients and the denominator, you can arrive at any number you want. Basically that is oversimplified and not absolute because some numbers and stats are hard numbers. They still do not show all factors that go into the arrival at that stat. What I can tell you is I am as big a fan as anyone, I have played, watched and coached (albeit pee-wee, so not saying this makes me a qb expert) so iam not unintelligent to football matters, not an expert either. So nicely put, you keep wanting facts as has Gray. I tell you I have none, cause there arent any FACTS that wiull prove he will succeed, but since you are so adamant, show me FACTS he will fail, can you?

Fin atic there is one thing I agree 110% on, it scares teh hell out of me that Wanny will pull AJ for Jay at the first incomplete pass or te first int. The only thing that gets me over that is I cannot and yes maybe will not beleive is that he is that stupid, he cant be. He is coaching without having any excuses to fall back on, all his defenses have been stripped away, he cannot be so dumb as to ruin any shot he has.

Back
Top Bottom