Franchise tag for T Wade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise tag for T Wade

A franchise player has to be paid something in the range of the top 5 players at that position. Here are the 2001 top 5 salries for Offensive linemen:

Leonard Davis Cardinals $11,615,249
Pete Kendall Cardinals $8,750,960
Will Shields Chiefs $8,669,626
Matt Lepsis Broncos $8,129,640
Jeff Hartings Steelers $7,461,213

I don't think we want to spend anywhere near this on Todd Wade. I don't think a Franchise Tag in warranted by any stretch of the imagination.

If those numbers are anywhere close to right then no way!

Originally posted by dolfan4good
A franchise player has to be paid something in the range of the top 5 players at that position. Here are the 2001 top 5 salries for Offensive linemen:

Leonard Davis Cardinals $11,615,249
Pete Kendall Cardinals $8,750,960
Will Shields Chiefs $8,669,626
Matt Lepsis Broncos $8,129,640
Jeff Hartings Steelers $7,461,213

I don't think we want to spend anywhere near this on Todd Wade. I don't think a Franchise Tag in warranted by any stretch of the imagination.

It's worse then that. LT's count man. It's considered as one position just like LB's are. So you'll be counting Orlando Pace, Kyle Turley and probably any LT whose at the end of his contract this year as the final years are always nasty.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

It's worse then that. LT's count man. It's considered as one position just like LB's are. So you'll be counting Orlando Pace, Kyle Turley and probably any LT whose at the end of his contract this year as the final years are always nasty.

I know. These are 2001 numbers. Numbers that I still wouldn't match for Todd Wade!

RT are a dime a dozen....If we are going to spend the kind of money it would take to resign him....I think it would be better spent on a LT, or another position, not a RT.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I do not see using the Tag on him because I am sure it applies to all OTs and is not based on RT vs LT. LTs make much more than Wade is worth.

I'm thinking you're correct on that !!

Back
Top Bottom