Frank Gore visiting Dolphins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frank Gore visiting Dolphins

the Dolphins went 6-10 last year, even with Suh...Landry...Timmons....Alonso...Cutler...etc. What the Dolphins lacked is leadership and chemistry. Its obvious the Dolphins want leadership and chemistry this season, that's why theyre bringing in mature guys who are good locker room guys too. I absolutely expect Gore to sign, and I bet we are aiming for a young RB early in the draft for him to mentor. Drake is good, but he is not a workhorse #1. Id really like to have a early QB like Rudolph or Falk to groom under Tannehill, but it looks like theyre looking for an early RB.

Motivated to play and a good locker room presence? Sounds good to me!

Now go get another RB in the draft and we'll have a good mix of youth and experience in the RB room.

1 year, 2.5 million if I had to guess, maybe a sweetener or two to get it to 3 or even 3.5 million.

Typical Dolphins, provide one last payday for a player heading into retirement, smdh

Only time this type of signing is an issue is if Gase decides to give him the ball 15 to 20 times and cut Drake's workload to 5 to 10 touches a game. I personally don't see that happening and think the most likely scenario is Drake gets 15 to 20 carries per game, with Gore being the guy they use in short yardage situations and to spell Drake when he needs a breather. Could we have got a younger back to perform that role? Sure, but we could still draft someone and place them third on the depth chart to begin with and perhaps they ascend like Alvin Kamara did in New Orleans when Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram were ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom