Frank Gore's Injuries

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Are Frank Gore's injuries too much of a factor for Miami to take a chance on Gore? It's possible that he could regain his ability much like McGahee. He was considered at one time to be more talented than McGahee.

This draft seems to be loaded with question RBs who could possibly turn it around and Gore has lost quite a bit of weight since the off-season began. That helps his injuries, durability, and speed.

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Obviously your going to take a chance on him late in the draft. It's either draft a backup, or a Boom or Bust player and I've always said go for the latter.

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
In the 5th-6th range. At that point it would probably be between him, Clarett, and Houston when it comes to backs with good size.

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on how things work out. If Miami has Ricky and then drafts somebody in the 3rd/4th as a safety net, there isn't room for Gore. If Miami drafts Brown (or similar), he could be the sort of guy the team could take a flyer on in the 7th or bring in as a UFA.

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Gore might go end of 3/4 same with Houston. Cedric has done well this off-season. Gore's reconstructed knees to me, in the NFL are not worth the risk.

Shifty187

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
McGahee totally blew out one knee (ACL, MCL and PCL) but Gore blew out both of his ACL's!

Im a huge Cane fan but we should stay away from Mr. Glass!

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Boomer said:
Gore might go end of 3/4 same with Houston. Cedric has done well this off-season. Gore's reconstructed knees to me, in the NFL are not worth the risk.
I remember he was considered of the more talented runners coming out of high school. He really has few knocks except for a couple smaller injuries. Somehow Boomer I doubt he goes that high.

There are so many options at RB now it's unbelievable...

1. Brown
2. Williams
3. Benson
4. Barber
5. Shelton
6. Arrington
7. Moats
8. Fason
9. Morency
10. Kay- Jay Harris
11. Sproles
12. Gore
13. McLendon
14. Nash
15. Clarett
16. Houston
17. Jacobs
18. Reyes

Those would probably be rankings based on workouts. That's some incredible depth at RB. I can't see Houston going that high when there are SO MANY other RBs...

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Jaj said:
I remember he was considered of the more talented runners coming out of high school. He really has few knocks except for a couple smaller injuries. Somehow Boomer I doubt he goes that high.

There are so many options at RB now it's unbelievable...

1. Brown
2. Williams
3. Benson
4. Barber
5. Shelton
6. Arrington
7. Moats
8. Fason
9. Morency
10. Kay- Jay Harris
11. Sproles
12. Gore
13. McLendon
14. Nash
15. Clarett
16. Houston
17. Jacobs
18. Reyes

Those would probably be rankings based on workouts. That's some incredible depth at RB. I can't see Houston going that high when there are SO MANY other RBs...
This is how i rate my top 10 backs out of college this year

1. Brown
2. Williams
3. Benson
4. Shelton
5. Barber
6. Fason
7. Moats
8. Arrington
9. Sproles
10. Morency

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
I think we should have a huge debate on RBs in a thread. There's so much to compare and talk about these RBs.

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Gore is the right fit in Miami. We need a guy we know can come in and do thigns that is not a big risk. There are alot of teams out there that will have the novelty of being able to draft a back in the early rounds that might not pan out, but we aren't one of them. I think Gore is an exciting player and if we get him in the 6th he is a steal because of potential, but I doubt he will last past the first day.

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
He definatly has talent. If he was healthy, and had the kind of season he could have had last year- he would be a solid 1st.

I watched him last year and it seemed to me that he was playing not to get hurt. Hes been saving it for the NFL.

Ive heard that he will work out here on Tuesday, so the staff will know first hand.

T tes

Active Roster
Reaction score
His injuries may be a factor in the earlier rounds, but he will be drafted in the later rounds no doubt in my mind.

Top Bottom