Fred Russell-Iowa | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fred Russell-Iowa

Doesn't have to be big. Just has to be elusive and able to avoid the brunt of a big hit. Guys like Marvin Harrison, he never gets hurt because he's able to avoid being drilled and doesn't take unnecessary hits. But it's much different for a kick returner I suppose.

IMO, you want your return guys to be smaller. Smaller target, tougher to round up. You don't want a string bean though. And if he's lightening quick to boot and has good vision, you've potentially got a winner.

And as was mentioned, Dante Hall goes 5-8, 187. Russell is 5-7, 191.

Remember when the Dolphins had a trade offer from the Saints last year for Robert Edwards, but we declined, only to cut Edwards. Anyone remember that. We need a guy like Russell on this team, I am rooting for him.

What did they offer?? Im guessing a 6 or 7?

Did we actually have a trade offer for Edwards?? I thought it was a case of Rick trying to find someone to trade him to, and getting no takers because everyone knew he or Henry would be cut. But I could be wrong.

Trying to get posts up to post a link

This is kind of a stupid rule. I wanted to share Fred video with you guys, but it says I have to have ten posts. So sorry for the repeats, but I think you'll like it.

Fred Video

Sorry about that...:) Here is some video of Fred in the Outback bowl this year. Fred was the MVP and didn't play much, if any in the 4th quarter. Also, there is a lot more video no here if you want more FR highlights. I think Arizona state and Michigan have some of him.
http://homepage.mac.com/scothawk/iMovieTheater40.html

21 rushes for 150 yards
3KR for 54 yds
Outback bowlMVP

I was hoping we'd pick Russell in round 7. It's a shame we didn't get Lamar Bryant (who I think could start right now) but Russell was a very good pickup..

Back
Top Bottom