Fred Russell-Iowa | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fred Russell-Iowa

I think Russell could give us the kind of explosivness we've missed on KR/PR for, what.....well as long as I can remember.
When was the last KR/PR returned ofr a touchdonw by a Dolphin?
Anyone know off hand?

It was that Green Bay game back when Chan Gailey was here. Ogden? Prior to then, the only one I REMEMBER (key term) was OJ McDuffie MANY moons ago.

The last player to return a kick off for a TD was Marc Logan back in 1989 or 1990.

Russell_100403lg-1.jpg

A good action shot of Russell, with one of his linemen leg whipping a Michigan defender.

I think Leonard Henry went to NFLE not only to get reps but also to showcase him as trade bait. In addition Travis Minor will be an UFA after this season. Some training camp depth is welcome and could be converted into additional draft picks for 2005.

kevin faulk, but faster, and without those ugly patriot colors.lol. seriously though. he was a very solid back in college, and i think he should've been drafted. if bruce perry can get drafted, then i cant see how/why russel didnt get drafted. good pick up for us though. who signed dinwiddie, does anyone know?

He won't crack the RB rotation, but could make the team as a K/PR in which case he may see time at RB.

found this quote on CBS sportsline...sounds promising. still trying to find something more official.

"My hamstring was a little strained and I was worried that I might injure it while running. When I got into the blocks for my first attempt, I blocked out the fact I was a little less than 100 percent. I got the signal and ran the 40 yards in 4.49 seconds on my first attempt. On the second attempt, I got through the 40 in 4.45 seconds. Even though they were good times, it is a little hard for me to be satisfied since I was about 85 to 90 percent. I'm confident I can run faster and will do so on my Pro Day."

I've watched him play for iowa and he is a burner...size worries me though.

I've watched him play for iowa and he is a burner...size worries me though

Have some hope, Dante Hall is still in 1 piece.

Dante Hall is a reciever, Russell is a Back. Russell has a much better build. We hear people say Fred Russell is a Bowling ball. Well, Dante Hall is called a human joy "Stick". I see Fred Russell holding up better. Now, What this team doesn't do every year is pick up extra picks. We could have 4 backs, with 3 wanting to make the roster, so, we trade one. Minor is a UFA after next year and is getting 630,000 or something. Fred Russell would get a 3 or 4 year deal, making 330,000 this year, which is almost half price. Remember when the Dolphins had a trade offer from the Saints last year for Robert Edwards, but we declined, only to cut Edwards. Anyone remember that. We need a guy like Russell on this team, I am rooting for him.

Back
Top Bottom