Fred Taylor Talking Smack......after the game! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fred Taylor Talking Smack......after the game!

Well, I think we are overrated and it pisses me off. The only reason this is true is because our offensive line doesn't give Ricky the room he needs to run or Jay the time he needs to read the D. It seemed almost as if the Jags D line was in the backfield every play. Our defense is awesome. I agree that the Jags never would have come even close to that TD without all those penalties, but i'm worried about our future. If our offensive line doesn't pick up the pace...we're gonna have a HUGE problem. I know we are better than this so lets just hope.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

Fred Taylor has all the talent in the world let me tell you. You guys in here are just talking crap like always and it starts with Rick Writer. He can say anything he wants because he is somewhat right. We haven't played any of the elite afc teams as of yet and we got a lot to prove. If you replace Fred Taylor in Kansas city with priest holmes, I'll bet you that he will do as good of a job.

I personally believe that with KC's O-line, scheme and a quarterback who can make the throws he needs to, that almost any decent running back in the league would be as successful as The Priest is. I personally don't see anything special in his play, i see the special play in the O-line.

Originally posted by RikWriter
\

By who? Who do you see calling us one of the elite teams?

yeah, i don't see this team as overrated. also, the goal is to win games and get better as the season progresses. the offensive line will come together and then we'll see some offensive production. people can talk about predictability all they want, but if you can predict what this team is going to do and you still lose, that says something about one of the teams in the game, doesn't it? i hope this team continues to barely win. i especially like the 14-point sqeakers...

You talk about liking the 14 point squeakers? Man as a Fin-fan it is all to common for the football gods to kick us in the nads when it comes to those games. We've had problems in the past with huge leads let alone squeakers. I LOVE Dolphins football through and through, but there is no denying our slump. I hate when people bring it up and suggest it will have an effect on this years performance. My point is that sometimes I think the players themselves listen to this garbage and take it to heart. Maybe not all of them, but it doesn't take all of them to mess up our season. We are so much improved over last year that this shouldn't be a factor. However, the way things look right now our defense is going to be keeping us in alot of games while our offense is going to struggle to produce. I can't think of a game we've played yet where Ricky wouldn't have reached 100 yards with last year's offensive line. With the injuries we are quite obviously suffering, and thats why I say we may be overrated. Until we figure out that crucial aspect of the game of football we are going to be in trouble. During that Jacksonville game it seemed as if Jay was under pressure every play. Ricky scored only on a broken play because he was forced to re-route after our line failed to give him a hole on the left side. I have faith that our guys will show up to play and give us that elite status, but until that actually happens there is cause for concern.

Back
Top Bottom