Free Agency Day 2 | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agency Day 2

TBH $18M a year isn’t even that much for a #1 WR given some of the contracts being handed out. Julio and Cooper will be over $22M cap hits in 2021 alone.

Yeah I just don't think many teams viewed him as a no-brainer WR1. He's very much borderline I feel..compared to what Fuller and JuJu got...I just don't see him being worth THAT much more than these guys

They are crazy. Anyway good news for us because they likely out of the receiver market at the top of the draft now.
I was kind of hoping that Philly would've signed him...them picking a WR at 6 would've been way less likely in case we trade down

I know that I've belabored a few points on here (shut up Circumstances), but once again... I LOVE the way that we've handled our money in this tight offseason.

The Texans, the freaking gawdawful Texans... just 'restructured' Laremy Tunsil.

They were in such a poor cap state that they were forced to put his salary from this year... on next year's books. This means, they will have less money to do anything next year... while still sucking this year.

Meanwhile, a young and developing Dolphins team have refused to restructure... anyone. We've kept our books clean and will have our full money available to us for next year's endevors.

Once again, this is masterful GM work by Grier... and this is Grier, not Flores. This is not his scouting team, or his coaching staff... or even his ownership, this is Grier thinking long term.

Thank God.

I was kind of hoping that Philly would've signed him...them picking a WR at 6 would've been way less likely in case we trade down

Pretty sure WR is their pick at 6, Detroit too will go receiver (and ruin his career). ATL and NE are possible too but think it's unlikely for both, with NE splurging on the TEs and getting WR, they likely use their first pick in another direction, think ATL have way more pressing needs than WR personally, but I worry about them taking Pitts. Outside of that it's difficult to peg another team that are major threats to taking receiver with their first pick before we pick again at 18. That's another reason why I believe there is a good chance one of the big 4 will be there at 18, we could and should double up.

Pretty sure WR is their pick at 6, Detroit too will go receiver (and ruin his career). ATL and NE are possible too but think it's unlikely for both, with NE splurging on the TEs and getting WR, they likely use their first pick in another direction, think ATL have way more pressing needs than WR personally, but I worry about them taking Pitts. Outside of that it's difficult to peg another team that are major threats to taking receiver with their first pick before we pick again at 18. That's another reason why I believe there is a good chance one of the big 4 will be there at 18, we could and should double up.

Yeah for sure. Last year people were saying that CeeDee Lamb was going to be the 1st receiver taken and a guaranteed top 10 pick..
And he almost slipped to us

I know that I've belabored a few points on here (shut up Circumstances), but once again... I LOVE the way that we've handled our money in this tight offseason.

The Texans, the freaking gawdawful Texans... just 'restructured' Laremy Tunsil.

They were in such a poor cap state that they were forced to put his salary from this year... on next year's books. This means, they will have less money to do anything next year... while still sucking this year.

Meanwhile, a young and developing Dolphins team have refused to restructure... anyone. We've kept our books clean and will have our full money available to us for next year's endevors.

Once again, this is masterful GM work by Grier... and this is Grier, not Flores. This is not his scouting team, or his coaching staff... or even his ownership, this is Grier thinking long term.

Thank God.
After signing draft picks, Miami should have about $40m in cap space for 2022 to start. That's at $200m, but rumor is it'll could potentially be $20m higher. Then there's the expected cap cuts in Flowers and others.

After signing draft picks, Miami should have about $40m in cap space for 2022 to start. That's at $200m, but rumor is it'll could potentially be $20m higher. Then there's the expected cap cuts in Flowers and others.
Honestly, I think it's way too early to make any type of accurate prediction.

First of all, many of our players, even though they have a "number" for next year, are really on easy out contracts.

We also have players who are in a contract year, and are due extensions, should we elect to keep them.

Honestly, I think it's way too early to make any type of accurate prediction.

First of all, many of our players, even though they have a "number" for next year, are really on easy out contracts.

We also have players who are in a contract year, and are due extensions, should we elect to keep them.
Honestly, that's why I used the words, "To Start". I know things change. But for now it is what it is.

Kenny will eventually be known by Giants fans to the Giants front office as Kenny LOLladay.

Good for you Kenny, be smart with that cheddar now.

........but you aren't that good 🥸

Honestly, that's why I used the words, "To Start". I know things change. But for now it is what it is.
No problem. Wasn't trying to start a dispute.

Just not sure how much value the info has at this time.

Back
Top Bottom