Free agency: it ain’t just us... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency: it ain’t just us...

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
Living in Iowa, there isn’t really a local team. I live amidst fans of many teams. I expect there are 8 teams represented at work alone.

And they’re all pissed. Every one of them.

Vikings guys: lots around here. Signing Cousins, and they aren’t happy.

Packers guys: cutting Jordy slit their throats. Signing Graham was insult to injury.

Broncos guys: infuriated at the signing of Keenum. Lots of “**** this team” floating around the shop today.

Chiefs guys: quite a few of them around here as well. They liked Wilson, Watkins not so much.

Ah yes, the Patriots guys.......

Lots of them. Of course, it’s mighty easy to be a NE guy these days. But they are pissed. They don’t get the Butler situation. But oh man, are they mad to lose Amendola.

Especially to us.

Then there is the lone Miami guy. He’s doing OK. Kinda nice to not shell out the megabucks for a dinosaur for a change.

Point is, it seems as though everybody hates free agency moves, not just us. I have heard from no one who is satisfied with the moves their team has made. Pats guys are terrified that the end is near (and I agree).

Fun day.

As close as the Vikings are to the Super Bowl, as a fan I'd be pissed too. First of all, I don't put Cousins anywhere near the elite category. In fact, I'd take a healthy Tannehill over Cousins. But that fully guaranteed contract is just atrocious. Have a feeling that will become the new norm.

The NFL is getting closer and closer to the NBA in terms of how much guys, especially role players, are being paid. Difference is the NBA asks you to play 82 regular season games where you fly all over the country on a nightly basis.

If Cousins gets hurt this coming year then no team is going to guarantee that kind of money ever again. That was just crazy and it's only ok if they win the super bowl this year

Ozzy rules!!

The #Ravens are expected to sign #Redskins FA WR Ryan Grant, source said. It’s a 4-year deal worth $29M with $14.5M guaranteed, source said. He gets a $10M signing bonus.

So tell me people hating on the Albert Wilson: Wilson has better career numbers than Grant does, so is Baltimore stupid for giving him a longer deal with more guaranteed money?

The #Ravens are expected to sign #Redskins FA WR Ryan Grant, source said. It’s a 4-year deal worth $29M with $14.5M guaranteed, source said. He gets a $10M signing bonus.

So tell me people hating on the Albert Wilson: Wilson has better career numbers than Grant does, so is Baltimore stupid for giving him a longer deal with more guaranteed money?

Isn't that the old if your friend jumps off a bridge would you do it too?

Isn't that the old if you friend jumps off a bridge would you do it too?

No, that's saying that the Ravens, a historically smart team personnel wise with competent people in place, just paid similar value for a player who isn't as good as Wilson.

Oh yeah. Hard to see either living up those contracts. Just comparing bad to worse IMO.

Oh yeah. Hard to see either living up those contracts. Just comparing bad to worse IMO.

Explain to me how Albert Wilson's contract is bad, though? A tad rich, yeah, but he's definitely a player who is up and coming and will be a key player in the offense.

People usually have too high of expectations for FA. You think you are going to load up on talent, but in reality you are just overpaying for players that were deemed not good enough to resign by their former teams.

Back
Top Bottom