Free Agent Analysis on who Miami should look at. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent Analysis on who Miami should look at.

For Everyone thinking Lorenzo Neal.

Too Old and Coming off Serious Injury.

Also we have R.Mauia who I like. He is Solid.

Also a couple updates to the list.

Jacob Bell is gone as he has signed a 6 year deal with the Rams.

Antwan Odom is gone as he has signed with the Bengals.

Good point. My bad.

Bryant Johnson is being overlooked, this guy will be a star given the chance to start

I think Max Starx would fill a hole nicely but at what cost?

I would bring in Clark Haggan and Elton Brown and see if they are a good fit and see there asking price. Those two would fill a need in a hurry. and much cheaper...

Bryant Johnson is being overlooked, this guy will be a star given the chance to start

My concern here is that if he couldn't get open with Boldin and Fitz taking the best 2 CB and going against nickle and dime backs how is he going to get open against CB1 or CB2 type players.

yea he was tagged. their going to move him to guard to replace Faneca.

also, Fishy, please stop saying Blackstock is a RFA. your stubbornly misinforming people. he was not offered a tender. there for a RFA without a tender becomes a UFA

I would try and get Nate Jones here from Dallas. I certainly could go for Nat Dorsey or George Foster on cheap "show me" contracts...or Shane Olivea but that would have to be a more significant contract.

Daryl Blackstock WAS an RFA. Now he's a UFA, as the Cardinals failed to tender him. I would definitely bite on Sackstock. The Dolphins have indeed called his agent.

I would be all over Kevin Carter right now, and I expect things to heat up with Javon Walker a bit now that we lost out on Calvin Pace.

I would try and get Nate Jones here from Dallas. I certainly could go for Nat Dorsey or George Foster on cheap "show me" contracts...or Shane Olivea but that would have to be a more significant contract.

Daryl Blackstock WAS an RFA. Now he's a UFA, as the Cardinals failed to tender him. I would definitely bite on Sackstock. The Dolphins have indeed called his agent.

I would be all over Kevin Carter right now, and I expect things to heat up with Javon Walker a bit now that we lost out on Calvin Pace.

i love kevin carter. but right now, we shouldnt go after him. we have out DLine set right now. with Holliday and Ferguson on that starting line, we dont need carter.

Nat Dorsey is big like Parcells and Ireland like and he is only 24 I believe. He's been an underachiever but would be worth a look if Sparano and the new dolphin coaches could motivate him and he could be signed relatively cheap.
I hope they bring Blackstock in also.

For Everyone thinking Lorenzo Neal.

Too Old and Coming off Serious Injury.

Also we have R.Mauia who I like. He is Solid.

Also a couple updates to the list.

Jacob Bell is gone as he has signed a 6 year deal with the Rams.

Antwan Odom is gone as he has signed with the Bengals.

yeah isnt antwan odom the reason for backfiring the Robertson Jets deal?

yeah isnt antwan odom the reason for backfiring the Robertson Jets deal?

No the reason that the Bengals backed out of the Dwayne Robertson deal was as follows:

POSTED 5:23 p.m. EST, March 3, 2008
ROBERTSON DEAL ISN'T HAPPENING
For the second time since Friday, a deal that the Bengals thought they'd make to upgrade a subpar defense has fallen apart.
Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that the trade between the Jets and the Bengals for New York defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson is off.
The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008. Unless and until the Jets find a team for whom Robertson is willing to take a haircut, the likelihood is that Robertson eventually will be cut before a $3 million roster bonus comes due in June.

and
The Jets and Bengals agreed to terms on a trade on Sunday that would send defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson to Cincinnati, but by Monday the deal was "on life support," according to a source close to the situation.

6340-1.jpg
Robertson

The Jets were to receive the Bengals' fourth- and fifth-round picks (Nos. 114 and 151) in the upcoming draft, according to league sources. But sources say that Cincinnati and Robertson's agent, Hadley Englehard, were unable to agree on contract terms.
The deal could be revisited, but for now it is on hold. The Jets would apparently still like to move Robertson before he is due a roster bonus in June. No other deal is imminent, however.
Completion of the trade had been contingent upon Robertson agreeing to a new contract -- he had two years remaining on his rookie deal with New York -- and passing a physical.
Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum acknowledged that the Jets traded Robertson to Cincinnati, but it fell through.
"We were close today, but he's a member of our organization," Tannenbaum said. "Our offseason program starts March 17 and, unless something happens between now and then, we expect him to be here."
On Friday the Bengals had a deal in place to acquire Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers in exchange for third- and fifth-round picks, but that trade fell through when it did not meet league approval. The Lions then traded Rogers to the Bengals' in-state rivals, the Browns, for a third rounder and cornerback Leigh Bodden.
In Robertson, 26, the Bengals were hoping to improve a defense that has ranked higher than 27th in yards allowed once in the past five seasons. They thought that Robertson would be a player who isn't as big or as dominant as Rogers has been in his first five season, but he is just as hungry for a fresh start. Robertson, 6-foot-1 and 310 pounds, would be a better fit as a penetrating "3-technique" tackle in Cincinnati's 4-3 scheme than he had been in the Jets' 3-4 the past two years.
In an interesting twist, the Bengals would have had on their roster two of the first four picks in the 2003 draft. In fact, Cincinnati selected quarterback Carson Palmer first overall that year from among a group of four finalists that also included Robertson, whom Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis (along with many other personnel evaluators) is said to have loved coming out of the University of Kentucky.

Kevin Carter- would bring in only as a last result, might have something left in the tank and possibly teach younger players

Quinn Gray- I think McCown was signed because he has more starting experience, but I could see them bringing in Quinn to compete

Hadnot- if the 'Phins can't sign Maurice Williams and Hadnot is willing to drastically reduce his price, he might be Miami's best option

Bryant Johnson, Julius Jones- only at a reasonable price

Olivea- worth a look in TC and take it from there

Shelton- didn't someone already sign him?

Troupe- not sure if he's really a better option than Peelle, especially when one factors in his injuries. All the talent in the world doesn't make a bit of difference if you can't get it on the field.

Walker- talented, but injury and personality issues. sign only with an incentive laden contract

Maurice Williams, Eugene Williams- saving the best for (second and third) last. After that, I would say Bryant Johnson would be my third alternate. A few other possibilities with Parcells/Ireland connections:
Rocky Boiman, 28, linebacker, Colts
Terrance Copper, 25, wide receiver, Saints
Keith Davis, 29, safety, Cowboys
Jason Fabini, 33, offensive lineman, Redskins (might provide backup/depth)
Nathan Jones, 25, cornerback, Cowboys
Tyson Walter, 29, offensive lineman, Packers

Back
Top Bottom